Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Cumulative C/Y 2013 Elite Rewards ELTA 3 (Registration required <link>)

Recover Your elite Rewards (requires signing in) link NOTE: ELTA Rewards must be claimed by midnight 28 Feb 2014.

"We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

Elite Rewards now offers four distinct milestones which are attainable throughout the year. The more you fly, the faster you'll reach the next level where you can choose one reward from each milestone for which you qualify. That's a total of up to four rewards. And now, you can qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points or segments.

. . . ● Milestone 1: 40,000 miles or points | 45 segments
. . . ● Milestone 2: 75,000 miles or points | 80 segments
. . . ● Milestone 3: 125,000 miles or points | 130 segments
. . . ● Milestone 4: 150,000 miles or points | 160 segments

To participate in Elite Rewards, simply register prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3." See the Mod Note in the OP for more.

Print Wikipost

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:44 am

The 10% and 20% discount seems intriguing. Anyone know what time period one has to use them?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:46 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by qazw1
The 10% and 20% discount seems intriguing. Anyone know what time period one has to use them?
From the T&C:
<snip>Discount Code for aa.com entitles the user to a percentage discount on a published round-trip or one-way fare to any American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection destination worldwide, excluding codeshare flights. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing to receive your code. Tickets must be purchased on aa.com. Booking dates and travel embargo dates apply. All dates are subject to change at any time without notice. Code is valid for 60 days and travel must be completed within 11 months from the date you receive the code. Please be sure to complete your booking on aa.com within 60 days of receiving your code. Discount may be used on a single purchase. <snip>
Old Apr 27, 2013, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
From the T&C:
<snip>Discount Code for aa.com entitles the user to a percentage discount on a published round-trip or one-way fare to any American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection destination worldwide, excluding codeshare flights. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing to receive your code. Tickets must be purchased on aa.com. Booking dates and travel embargo dates apply. All dates are subject to change at any time without notice. Code is valid for 60 days and travel must be completed within 11 months from the date you receive the code. Please be sure to complete your booking on aa.com within 60 days of receiving your code. Discount may be used on a single purchase. <snip>
Thanks. That is too restrictive for me. Would have been nice if the codes had a longer booking expiration date.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:09 am

Will the earned SWU / EVIP be valid until Feb 18 2015 or 2014?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AAbruflyer
Will the earned SWU / EVIP be valid until Feb 18 2015 or 2014?
Per the terms & conditions on the AA site, they are good until Feb 28 2015.
Old May 1, 2013, 1:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,UA 1k,SPG Platinum,AA Platinum
This is really awesome and much better United. With the extra 5 EVIPs, I bet AA could attract more business customers. Hope United and other airlines could moving forward together with AA.

Originally Posted by flipside
We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/elite-re...e=eliterewards

And they're cumulative! Very nice!

5 Extra VIPs if you hit 150k miles points or 160 segments!
Old May 6, 2013, 1:53 am

Hey guys,

Do you guys have to be a current elite member to do this? I may start flying around a lot soon, and racking up 100,000 miles will be pretty easy actually (within 4 months).

But currently have no status.
Old May 6, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by MoneyMaker101
Hey guys,

Do you guys have to be a current elite member to do this? I may start flying around a lot soon, and racking up 100,000 miles will be pretty easy actually (within 4 months).

But currently have no status.
Per the t&c it appears to not matter. Since you will have gold elite status before you reach the first threashold, and the EQMs, EQPs, and EQSs earned from the start of the year count, I don't see how you could be excluded. I didn't see anything about EQMs earned while not having elite status are excluded from the threashold count.
Old May 10, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Has anyone been invited to claim their first reward yet? AA was a little vague on when the first batch of emails would go out.
If you have already reached a milestone, look for your first reward notification email in May.
Old May 10, 2013, 1:19 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Has anyone been invited to claim their first reward yet? AA was a little vague on when the first batch of emails would go out.
But the fact that no one has posted that they have, I'm guessing no. Obviously people will post when they do.

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by brp
But the fact that no one has posted that they have, I'm guessing no. Obviously people will post when they do.

Cheers.
Nope.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:06 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Exclamation Please stay on topic!

Please note that this thread is to discuss the ELTA3 promotion offered by AAdvantage. This thread is NOT about speculation/discussion about the future of AA/US elite status tiers. Off-topic posts and comments will be removed in order to help us stay on topic.

If you'd like to speculate/discuss the future of the AAdvantage program, please feel free to do it in the following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation! /Moderator
Old May 13, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
anyone has an approximation on how long is the lag between the email (notification to choose a reward) and the day one crosses a mile stone?
Old May 13, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pineapplejet
anyone has an approximation on how long is the lag between the email (notification to choose a reward) and the day one crosses a mile stone?
No, since not a single notification has gone out (at least reported here on FT), and many of us have already passed some of the thresholds.
Old May 13, 2013, 10:59 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
using only one evip(?)

The one evip at 75,000 has me a bit confused. All my intl itns are RTs--so if I upgrade an intl outbound trip, say, from Y to BC, my return routing is now supposed to be in Y [The bigger evips in this promo are an even number when you get to 125k and then 150k.]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.