Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Cumulative C/Y 2013 Elite Rewards ELTA 3 (Registration required <link>)

Recover Your elite Rewards (requires signing in) link NOTE: ELTA Rewards must be claimed by midnight 28 Feb 2014.

"We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

Elite Rewards now offers four distinct milestones which are attainable throughout the year. The more you fly, the faster you'll reach the next level where you can choose one reward from each milestone for which you qualify. That's a total of up to four rewards. And now, you can qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points or segments.

. . . ● Milestone 1: 40,000 miles or points | 45 segments
. . . ● Milestone 2: 75,000 miles or points | 80 segments
. . . ● Milestone 3: 125,000 miles or points | 130 segments
. . . ● Milestone 4: 150,000 miles or points | 160 segments

To participate in Elite Rewards, simply register prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3." See the Mod Note in the OP for more.

Print Wikipost

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by bkafrick
AAdvantage becoming more like US Dividend Miles... We've had "Special Dividends" at US for a few years now...
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...dividends.html
Well, they seem to be offering a lot of benefits, but if you read them very carefully, those are really not that good of the benefits at all. $20 Flower gift card, $50 restaurant gift certificate, really?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Carioca
In my opinion, they are reducing the value of the VIPs and in the near future the VIPs are going to be the new 500-mile vouchers. I much rather see a CK or other status at 150/175K to reward the top elites with true benefits other than a bucket full of VIPs that we will not be able to use.
That is exactly what I worry about. Too many eVIPs floating around the system are not good.

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I think that there is also an expanded inventory for seats that are traditionally used for the SWUs with the new planes (especially 77W) and routes coming online. I don't think that they would have radically expanded the SWU inventory w/o having a corresponding increase of reasonable uses for them.
What makes you say that? The new planes have less premium seats than the old planes, and the new routes are few and far between...in 2012, AA turned on the evip spigot when they matched a ton of UA and DL fliers, so there is a precedent for expanding eVIP supply without capacity increases.

AA is really going for UA's jugular with this. Speaking for myself, I was going to fly quite a bit of UA this year starting in July. Now I am reconsidering...I can go over 200k on AA if necessary or I can split my flying. The decision just got much harder...
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
This is truly the best FFP that we can ever have. Who else will give that many benefits besides their preliminary bonuses of specific levels? AA is really light years ahead of CX, SQ, JL, and NH in this regard. Not even European FFPs come close to that.
And with this...

AAdvantage becoming more like US Dividend Miles... We've had "Special Dividends" at US for a few years now...
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...dividends.html
Interesting that the two are on the same wave-length. Maybe there is hope!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
Is Global Entry Fee Sponsorship a joke? Isn't that $100? Who would choose that over 4 SWUs or Admirals Club Membership or 40K miles?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAExPlat
AA is really going for UA's jugular with this.
My thought exactly. And why not? UA showed who they are when SMI/J and company sat around doing nothing but talking about their network, while AA poached thousands of 1Ks.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by mmjaysee
Is Global Entry Fee Sponsorship a joke? Isn't that $100? Who would choose that over 4 SWUs or Admirals Club Membership or 40K miles?
People who fly paid F exclusively and don't have time for awards, or redeem for toasters or microwaves normally. It also matches a benefit UA has for 1Ks and GS.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
People who fly paid F exclusively and don't have time for awards, or redeem for toasters or microwaves normally. It also matches a benefit UA has for 1Ks and GS.
It is merely an offering, I wouldn't pick it.

Better to have more choices than less, IMO.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Btw, what is the VIP baggage delivery for Gold rewards? Like Five Star Service?
No this is just the standard priority bag tagging for checked luggage that PLT+ already gets. GLD's do not currently get that.

Interesting that some amount of MCE selection for GLD's in 2014 (once free MCE for GLD goes away) isn't an award...
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antarius
It is merely an offering, I wouldn't pick it.

Better to have more choices than less, IMO.
Agreed completely. Even though I doubt I'd ever do it, I would always want the option to redeem for toasters or other such things, just to know that even if I became completely afraid of flying one day, I'd still be able to get something mildly useful with my miles.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akarneboge
No this is just the standard priority bag tagging for checked luggage that PLT+ already gets. GLD's do not currently get that.

Interesting that some amount of MCE selection for GLD's in 2014 (once free MCE for GLD goes away) isn't an award...
http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/bagdeliv...le=bagdelivery

It actually is more akin to Five-Star service than to Priority tagging.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
And with this...

Interesting that the two are on the same wave-length. Maybe there is hope!
Maybe there is hope that....?

AA wont go water down to be sync with the US. I think they will be better!
I looked at their offerings of dividends, and closed the page within 10 seconds. Not worth my effort.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Well, they seem to be offering a lot of benefits, but if you read them very carefully, those are really not that good of the benefits at all. $20 Flower gift card, $50 restaurant gift certificate, really?
Except they're free. Who cares how crappy they are. Its more than you had before.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
That is exactly what I worry about. Too many eVIPs floating around the system are not good.

What makes you say that? The new planes have less premium seats than the old planes, and the new routes are few and far between...in 2012, AA turned on the evip spigot when they matched a ton of UA and DL fliers, so there is a precedent for expanding eVIP supply without capacity increases.
Existing 777-200 (none to be retired): 15 F Seats, 37 J Seats (not sure post conversion though, we'll see)
New additional planes: 777-300 8 F Seats, 52 J seats

ICN, DUS, DUB & LIM routes..
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Except they're free. Who cares how crappy they are. Its more than you had before.
Upgrades on award tickets. That's a good one.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
Registered as soon as I saw this in my mailbox! Its a nice change that this time around it's not just based on 125k+ EQPs, not to mention it's nice that it's cumulative ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.