Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inaugural AA963 777-300ER / 77W DFW-GRU 31 Jan 2013 (photos)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
All these visitors on the plane and photos, yet still nobody has looked at row 31 ?

I'm disappointed in you all
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:25 pm

Has anyone seen the exit row seats in the MC? I'd like to know how the 2-seat arrangement works and what the legroom is like compared to the 772.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by FWAAA

So AA will forego the revenue from four MCE seats in exchange for several linear feet of wider aisles? All the while, squishing the elites and the buy-up nonelites into a needlessly skinny seat? That makes no sense at all.

No wonder AA is in bankruptcy.
Or they wanted to keep the seats uniform because it was one less seat type to get certified (a friend in the aviation business told me what a hassle this is with the FAA), one fewer type for maintenance to need to know how to repair and more uniformity for when individual seats need spare parts or to be completely replaced.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark
Has anyone seen the exit row seats in the MC? I'd like to know how the 2-seat arrangement works and what the legroom is like compared to the 772.
It is similar. Tons of leg space.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
So would you say that bulkhead in MCE, or MCE in general, is preferable or is row 31 still the best place to be south of J?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:35 pm

Fantastic! Thanks for the update.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As I said, the pitch / legroom in row 20 is amazing; I could put a bed there (if I removed the seat row), but I didn't make it to the aft MC cabin and row 31. It was slow slogging at times with the features and the number of peole trying them all, walkers and gawkers.

Some charts show a bulkhead directly in front of the seats with the exit row ahead of the bulkhead, in which case row 31 wold be good for two, but not necessarily good for tall. I am guessing not as good as MCE, but Antarius says it's good. Works for me.^ And one of the very few seat pairs - the aft ones are pairs, but the fuselage forces that because it begins to taper in.

Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark
Originally Posted by Mark_T
So would you say that bulkhead in MCE, or MCE in general, is preferable or is row 31 still the best place to be south of J?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
AA987 will depart DFW today at 6:30PM, presumably from D30. AA963 departing 8:35 PM from D23 is the new aircraft (nose 7-LB, registration N718AN) in full new color scheme, currently open to the media (by invitation only). N719AN in plain gray is sitting just to its left (our right) at D25 with an employee event" going on - in plain gray colors, no eagle, no tail colors, looking very military.
So will tomorrow's flight be flown by this unpainted bird do you think?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I am wondering if they are incrementally moving toward only upper elites and sales of MCE, followed by a conversion to a true enhanced product such as other oneworld airlines have. It's kind of like the difference between ripping a bandaid / plaster off or eassssing it off... and AA hasn't been a great innovator perhaps since the days of C. R. Smith.

Originally Posted by FWAAA

So AA will forego the revenue from four MCE seats in exchange for several linear feet of wider aisles? All the while, squishing the elites and the buy-up nonelites into a needlessly skinny seat? That makes no sense at all.

No wonder AA is in bankruptcy.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
True, but it is fair to say that the hard product (especially on long haul flights) makes up the majority of what is considered to be the 'overall' product. To compare to EK, an airline many perceive as being premium, the new hard product is far superior to anything they offer in J, except for the A380 product (and this new product is at least on par with the A380 product). And EK has no plans to retrofit its non-A380 fleet with the A380 product, while AA does have a similar plan for the rest of its widebody fleet.
I would still take EK for the overall product than AA. Yes, I agree that it looks like AA has a decent seat, but the end-to-end travel with EK is better imo. The chauffeur service to/from airports, the airport lounges are better imo than AA's, the service, entertainment and meals are better imo

It is definitely looking like a good improvement, but AA is a long way short of an industry leading busines class product

with 1st class, the hard product doesn't come to being the best and , although looks like is an improvement, AA has a long way to go to bring themselves up ( if they want to be ) to being a leading carrier
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:52 pm

I'll be on flight 51 in April on the 77W coming back from my honeymoon. Since it will be me and the new wife you think row 31 is the route to go over MCE and having a random sitting on the side of us?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
The back row of MCE looks quite close the the bulkhead seperating it from MC. I wonder will recline be affected. It may just be the angle of the photo though.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gohogsgo
I'll be on flight 51 in April on the 77W coming back from my honeymoon. Since it will be me and the new wife you think row 31 is the route to go over MCE and having a random sitting on the side of us?
I'm trying to see if I had a picture. That would confirm how much space (just to be 100%).

MCE gets served first, so that would be my preference. It also doesn't test your limits of handling cold!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by JDiver
I am wondering if they are incrementally moving toward only upper elites and sales of MCE, followed by a conversion to a true enhanced product such as other oneworld airlines have. It's kind of like the difference between ripping a bandaid / plaster off or eassssing it off... and AA hasn't been a great innovator perhaps since the days of C. R. Smith.
Well, if that's the plan then that's one good reason for using the same seat in MCE as the rest of Y now: there will be plenty of uses for those seats when they're ripped out in favor of a true PE product.

That being said, I would have thought AA learned its lesson about transitional products (which, as far as I'm concerned, NGBC was) and why those don't necessarily work so well.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Gohogsgo
Personal choice only, but based on what has been posted so far, I'd definitely opt for 31 as a couple.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.