Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
If you have 2 credit cards, do you get 10% or 20% miles back?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by ORDMD80
Just posted on the AAdvantage Facebook page (bolding is mine):

Introducing the new Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® card with free first checked bag, priority boarding, and more! Learn more at http://bit.ly/GCLGmD

Cardmembers that currently have the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature, Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard, Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World Elite MasterCard and Citi® Select® / AAdvantage® American Express will start enjoying these new benefits today!
FB is the last or next to the last place I would check. This will 'save' my AA cards for at least one more renewal.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
yes, every bit helps.

Originally Posted by swag
So when I use my card to buy a $7 drink on board, I'll get 14 miles and $1.75 rebate.
I did get a cash back credit card a few weeks ago and have been using it, but will hold off on making a complete switch over until I see what I will not get from my AA credit cards. Nick of time situation.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:08 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
The 40K offer at citi.com/travel looks very similar.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors DIA
My questions now are:

1. If we have the Executive Card will we get the new benefits here that the Exec doesn't come with?

2. If we have both the Executive Card and the World Elite will we get both sets of benefits without issues? E.g. the full Priority Access from the Exec but also the rebates and $100 voucher w/spend from the World Elite?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:41 pm

I just spoke with a rep at Citi and according to him, after he went and "researched" the questions, only new card holders who apply specifically for the new promo are eligible for the $100 statement credit (and the bonus sign up miles, but I don't think we expected otherwise as to those). Pre-existing cards get the priority boarding, free checked bag and 10% award mileage rebate. I didn't ask about the discount on in-flight purchases.

(Contrary to what I was told initially, I have since received letters saying that the existing cardholders are eligible for the $100 credit.)

Last edited by Ord Liza; Apr 7, 2012 at 11:48 am
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GLD
The 10K rebate per year might work out nice. I will just have to make sure to book my wifes award tickets out of here AA account and my tickets out of mine since we both have eligible cards.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:47 pm
Company Representative - American Airlines

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
Allow me a really basic question please. Will these new benefits work on my current AA CitiBank Master Card that I've had for years and years? Also what about my AA Citibank American Express card that is only several years old.

If so, I'm happy as I don't want another card.

Thanks.
Cardmembers that currently have a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature, Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard, Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World Elite MasterCard and Citi® Select® / AAdvantage® American Express will start enjoying these benefits today! If you have a questions about benefits or eligibility, please call the Customer Service number listed on the back of your Citi card.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: Grounded
Originally Posted by AmericanAirlines
Cardmembers that currently have a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature, Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard, Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World Elite MasterCard and Citi® Select® / AAdvantage® American Express will start enjoying these benefits today! If you have a questions about benefits or eligibility, please call the Customer Service number listed on the back of your Citi card.
If that is true for the 2mi/$1 on AA part as well, that's also good news. I had a hard time explaining to friends why that wasn't part of the deal originally.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by MrPink
If that is true for the 2mi/$1 on AA part as well, that's also good news. I had a hard time explaining to friends why that wasn't part of the deal originally.
According to the Citi rep I spoke with, existing cards will get the 2 mile/$1 on AA.

As to the offer at citi.com/travel, that offer says:

* This Citi® / AAdvantage® card offer is only for new Citi® / AAdvantage® accounts applied for pursuant to this offer and excludes any other Citi® / AAdvantage® credit cards offered.

I don't know if that applies to all of the benefits or only to some.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:30 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Looks like not a lot to offer for EXP that fly paid flights the vast majority of the time.

Definitely a cool deal for many, and I'm glad to see them doing this ^

Cheers.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:33 pm

Regarding the first checked bag free, this is what I got from AA twitter team.

"First checked bag free applies to travel booked and ticketed on or after April 2, 2012 to domestic & Canadian destinations."
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AmericanAirlines
Does anyone know if we'll have the full "Priority Access" printed on the boarding pass -- i.e. we get to board with AA Golds? Or will it be a lower tier Priority Access, where we board after the elites?

Sounds good - been waiting for a card like this!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
I'm assuming these things will be tied to your AAdvantage # (as stated by Citi) or if not there will be some process to add these benefits to another reservation. Am I mistaken? If you are flying on AA metal using Avios for example could you take advantage (no pun intended) of these extra benefits?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:14 pm
Company Representative - American Airlines

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by econjon
Quick follow up...I booked an award ticket before April 2, but noticed that there was an hr+ schedule change. Can I rebook award ticket for different flight, or do I have to cancel and rebook to get bennies?
We recommend that you call AAdvantage Customer Service at 1-800-882-8880 to discuss your options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.