Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Of note for some:

The regular PLT Challenge is 10K points. This promo offers PLT for 10K miles.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
I registered and got the confirmation, flying today, lets see if this stacks on top on DEQM11/12, that would mean ~14k miles for my SFO-ORD-TYS trips...crazy.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
In for a cancellation.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:40 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Deltahater
Any advice on how to confirm that we are qualified (or denied) BEFORE booking these trips and having to wait for the results?
Originally Posted by laxconnorw
Same here. Just registered and got the "confirmation" email. But...
Considering that in the email text posted by the OP, it explicitly says

Originally Posted by T&Cs
This is an exclusive offer only for members who receive this email from American Airlines and register online.
(Emphasis mine)

I would say that this is a risk and one really doesn't have any recourse to complain if one buys tickets (or does something else) and is denied.

And, when the complaint threads start here after the fact, there will be plenty of people to reiterate this point then

Cheers.

to participate.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by brp
Unlikely.It's more likely that you'll screw yourself and get the same 8 SWUs, but with one year less of life. Sure, this is just speculation, but is plausible given all of the above.

Also, with many targeted promos like this, many have been able to sign up, but few have been granted the results. We'll have to wait and see.

Cheers.
Nope. At the completion of an EXP challenge, 8 SWUs will be deposited into the challenger's account expiring Feb of the following year. Upon reaching 100K EQM in the same year, another 8 SWUs will be deposited into the challenger's account exp Feb 2 years later.

This is not speculation. It's confirmed.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Nope. At the completion of an EXP challenge, 8 SWUs will be deposited into the challenger's account expiring Feb of the following year. Upon reaching 100K EQM in the same year, another 8 SWUs will be deposited into the challenger's account exp Feb 2 years later.

Indeed, that's what I thought I have seen as confirmed as well. I really feel as though there isn't much to lose by registering for this promo. If they deny it, nothing really changes. If I get it, I can get extra RDMs and 8 extra SWUs, and I'll be EXP a little faster. The chances of anything extra are remote, but greater than zero, and the chances of loss are basically zero. I'll register tonight, take flights I'd be willing to take either way, and we will see what happens.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:54 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BlissWorld

But that was the previous points-based challenge, IIRC. This seems like a different beast, so the rules may (or may not ) be different.

It also seems that, confirmed or not, it may not be the case.
Originally Posted by Science Goy
I seem to remember reports of people getting 8 SWUs when completing their EXP challenge, then another 8 when crossing 100K miles.
Originally Posted by gegarrenton
I did not.

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; Feb 9, 2012 at 10:05 am
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
I registered and got the confirmation, flying today, lets see if this stacks on top on DEQM11/12, that would mean ~14k miles for my SFO-ORD-TYS trips...crazy.
I will be flying next week. Hope that this will stack for me too.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by izzik
Further baseless speculation:

Maybe this is a nice way of capturing elites from United that discover the new 2012 Mileage Plus program turned out to be worse.
My father was targeted for this promo and hasn't flown for business in almost a year, let alone any personal flying since 2010. I think it might be a way for them to attract former frequent flyers on AA.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now posted by The Points Guy. I think we will find out fast now if this is widely valid or not. I just registered for it for myself.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro 1.4M, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Smile I just registered

Originally Posted by The Blond Kid
Within a few seconds, I got an email thanking me for registering for the HVCAA promotion.

I will know within 4 weeks whether it worked or not!
me too, I'm keeping my fingers crossed....
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Platinum
Can someone please post the URL on aa.com for the page that allows one to register for this?

Seems like a destructive promotion, has me quite upset that people that fly less than me will have a much easier path toward ExPlat, giving me more competition for the complimentary upgrades. I fly some crazy routings to insure that I hit 100K, I resent that someone can get the same benefits as me by flying only 25K. Not smart to alienate your best customers when you've just lost over $900 million in a single month and are going to lay off over 10K employees.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Naturally they didn't mention the consequences of signing up uninvited, namely: you're automatically bumped to Manure-level status, whereby tickets purchased on AA are immediately reticketed to either Spirit or US Airways.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Science Goy
Naturally they didn't mention the consequences of signing up uninvited, namely: you're automatically bumped to Manure-level status, whereby tickets purchased on AA are immediately reticketed to either Spirit or US Airways.
NRTC (No room throughout coach) . That's sort of like asking which arm do you want to cut off and you have to cut one.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quant_93
Can someone please post the URL on aa.com for the page that allows one to register for this?

Seems like a destructive promotion, has me quite upset that people that fly less than me will have a much easier path toward ExPlat, giving me more competition for the complimentary upgrades. I fly some crazy routings to insure that I hit 100K, I resent that someone can get the same benefits as me by flying only 25K. Not smart to alienate your best customers when you've just lost over $900 million in a single month and are going to lay off over 10K employees.
The people get just under 4 months to fly 25k miles. Anyone able to do that can probably do 100k in a year. This is the reason the challenges exist, so that people who already fly x number of miles can move it all to AA, and get a headstart on having the status they expect as someone who flies that frequently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.