Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exhausted FA's build 'fort'

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2011, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Upgraded!
Haven't flown CX but I tend to agree with you.
I would fly CX before making a decision if I were you. The service IMO is professional and attentive from my experiences. If coming around to see if you want a re-fill is hovering as opposed to sitting on the jump seat reading US Weekly then I'll take hovering. On CX, generally, if you want to have a chat with the FAs, they are happy to engage you, but if you want to watch a movie, they certainly aren't there interrupting you, etc.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
They definitely will not sleep.They will hover over you constantly providing a level of service that it, basically, intrusive, overbearing and annoying...while being very courteous and professional. I was less impressed with CX F service than many here as I don't need that level of obsequiousness.

I mean, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't "all that," IMO.

Cheers.
On my recent flight from HKG to SFO, I was the only passenger in First Class, and there were 3 flght attendants there to offer service. I id not find the service obtrusive.

On the fort idea, if any FA on the flight knows carts are just sitting out while not being used for service, I would expect them to resolve the issue or be disciplined for not doing so.

The carts are either supposed to be attended or stowed.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:58 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Honestly when I read threads like this I just thing to myself how glad I am that 125,000 airline jobs have been slashed in the past decade, how many flights have been outsourced to regionals, and the stagnant pay and deteriorating working conditions for the FAs. While it's never good to paint everyone in a workgroup with the same brush the fact is lately good service is the exception not the norm on AA.
I'm really shocked and dismayed that anyone would be glad about layoffs, outsourcing, and substitution of low-pay high-fatigue jobs for better-paid and better-rested ones.

I wish people would try to think of ways to improve service and improve pay and benefits, rather than this vicious cycle of cuts to one leading to cuts in the other.

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
My worst FA experience period was a (probably) intoxicated US FA spilling drinks on multiple passengers.
Wow! When was that?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
Evidently the Delta FA's have taken up this tactic recently:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...rtress-fc.html
Old Jul 25, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by IflyonAA
Evidently the Delta FA's have taken up this tactic recently:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...rtress-fc.html
Must have been PM-NW FAs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.