Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: STL / St. Louis Admirals Club (old and temporary sites)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is one of two archived threads of older posts about the STL / St. Louis Lambert International Airport Admirals Club.

STL / St. Louis - Lambert Int'l. Airport Concourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

The older archived thread is ARCHIVE: STL Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: STL / St. Louis Admirals Club (old and temporary sites)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Steel216
Hi I'm inbound on 818 (thanks gogo) from LAX - DCA which has a quick stop in STL to get around the perimeter restriction.

Update on the AC in STL? What kind of temporary options are there as of June 3?
Tonight, nothing. Supposedly opening tomorrow morning.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 9:43 pm
COU

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Gold
Came into STL from ORD late this afternoon. Peaked in the AC window...it's all set for June 6 opening. Much smaller, but similar layout to DCA. Looks like they did a very nice job in a short time span
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: AA PLT, Priority Club PLT, Hertz Gold
STL AC is open. Smaller but still same great personnel. Some free food ( muffins ). Sandwiches later in the day. No full kitchen service yet. No WiFi yet.

Last edited by knirbed; Jun 6, 2011 at 7:36 am
Old Jun 6, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Hey--its a step in the right direction! Something to get us away from the gate lice!
Old Jun 6, 2011, 2:03 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by knirbed
STL AC is open. Smaller but still same great personnel. Some free food ( muffins ). Sandwiches later in the day. No full kitchen service yet. No WiFi yet.
This is the temporary club at the Cheers site, right?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by dstan
This is the temporary club at the Cheers site, right?
Correct, I have seen them working on it over the last few weeks. Should be a nice addition.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
AA just posted a couple of pictures of the new club on Facebook. I'll try the link, hope it works for everyone:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...56.41753457067
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Microwave
AA just posted a couple of pictures of the new club on Facebook. I'll try the link, hope it works for everyone:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...56.41753457067
Pretty impressive for the timing I must say...

And as one notes on the FB comments "it is certainly better than nothing". I see my favorite snack mix EVER (I am addicted to it).
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:56 am

My first time in the new club this morning. Cindy, Kim, Lynn and Harlan are all on duty. I was curious whether the tornado had destroyed everything in the old club, but apparently not. The wall clock, chairs and tables, bar and stools, even the framed "Thank You" from "Up In The Air" all made it over here.

It's small and crowded, but there is a Quiet Area in an attached room that is mostly empty. They've added a large bowl of dark chocolate squares next to the coffee.

Also, no restrooms in the club, and Lynn says they're supposed to get WiFi today.

I renewed my membership this morning. Decided to pay $300 rather than 40,000 miles.

Last edited by siankaan1; Jun 9, 2011 at 8:57 am Reason: Added info
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Gold, National Executive
I am in the Admirals club right now. Ryan is here and they have sandwiches and snacks. They were expecting to have food sales back today but are having issues with the wifi. They still expect by Monday at the latest.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:30 pm

I peeked in on my return flight. I thought I'd use a clean rest room, take a look around, then go pick up my golf bag.

No Restrooms in the club. I know it is temporary, but I thought that would be an important feature.

The club does look nice.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:35 am

Still no wifi

Originally Posted by wrothman
I am in the Admirals club right now. Ryan is here and they have sandwiches and snacks. They were expecting to have food sales back today but are having issues with the wifi. They still expect by Monday at the latest.
Still no wifi. Maybe sometime this week, according to the club AAngels.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Today is my first visit to the temp setup. Still no wifi (and no restroom), but really good to see familiar faces. Considering everything, just nice to have a a place to relax a bit. The 'quiet room' seems to be a nice refuge too. I wish DEN would have had this temp setup during their AC construction.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by siankaan1
My first time in the new club this morning. Cindy, Kim, Lynn and Harlan are all on duty. I was curious whether the tornado had destroyed everything in the old club, but apparently not. The wall clock, chairs and tables, bar and stools, even the framed "Thank You" from "Up In The Air" all made it over here.

It's small and crowded, but there is a Quiet Area in an attached room that is mostly empty. They've added a large bowl of dark chocolate squares next to the coffee.

Also, no restrooms in the club, and Lynn says they're supposed to get WiFi today.

I renewed my membership this morning. Decided to pay $300 rather than 40,000 miles.
I wonder if the big glass pane with the TWA globe etching survived. I am sure it is not in the temp AC, but perhaps one of the staff know its fate...
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by paseom2
I wonder if the big glass pane with the TWA globe etching survived. I am sure it is not in the temp AC, but perhaps one of the staff know its fate...
My arrival tomorrow night will be too late, but I'll ask them next week if another FT'er doesn't ask first.

Last edited by siankaan1; Jun 15, 2011 at 6:05 pm Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.