Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: STL / St. Louis Admirals Club (old and temporary sites)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is one of two archived threads of older posts about the STL / St. Louis Lambert International Airport Admirals Club.

STL / St. Louis - Lambert Int'l. Airport Concourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

The older archived thread is ARCHIVE: STL Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: STL / St. Louis Admirals Club (old and temporary sites)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by gemac
ROFL - I saw your smileys and then your footnote "Never argue with an idiot" and it was hilarious ^
Old May 26, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
As to why I think they should extend it... this is the club I use 50% of the time. And now it's not available. I've paid for something that is not available. Seems pretty clear to me. But then I'm probably a bit prejudiced on the subject.

I'm just wondering how others would feel if "their" club was shut down.

And to Gemac's "comment"--- They originally said they would give me an extra month but come to find out they didn't.
Old May 26, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
That would be an awful tough business model to sustain.

Any time any lounge in the world closes due to an act of nature, we should all have our memberships extended. That would have to be the extended conclusion of granting your request. My home airport doesn't have a lounge, and I do not get a discount for that in my membership.

You never know how often I travel to wherever it is that is closed at the moment. So you could never come up with a model that pleased all.

I'm also willing to bet that no one actually used the words "To(o) bad for you". That would be an unrelated issue.
Old May 26, 2011, 3:27 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by pkerr
They originally said they would give me an extra month but come to find out they didn't.
This thread has now been merged into the existing thread discussing the STL club closure for better context and to consolidate people's experiences, especially this one.

/Moderator
Old May 26, 2011, 3:31 pm

Poor customer service, but that's pretty much AA's motto these days.
Old May 26, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Mr. ******,

Thank you for responding. I do not know of any plans for closing down the St. Louis Admirals Club in the future. I would assume since we are working on opening another Club at the terminal we are operating our flights from we are not looking to permanently close the Club any time soon (please remember this is an assumption). Unfortunately we are not offering extensions to memberships due to the damage caused by the tornado. I am sorry.

Regards,

Mr. T Calderon
Admirals Club | Member Services
1-800-237-7971, Option 1, 8a-6p M-F CST
www.aa.com/admiralsclub
Old May 26, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA exp(6mm), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
The admirals club NEVER responded to my email. It has been since just after the tornado.

The good news is, I think we have a date. Per the AAngels today the tentative date for reopening the club is June 6. That's the good news. The bad news is we are losing some of our AAngels as of June 1. I guess we won't need as many with a smaller club. Very sad
Old May 27, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
Originally Posted by pkerr
As to why I think they should extend it... this is the club I use 50% of the time. And now it's not available. I've paid for something that is not available. Seems pretty clear to me. But then I'm probably a bit prejudiced on the subject.

I'm just wondering how others would feel if "their" club was shut down.
The BNA club was shuttered for several years starting in 2002. It reopened a couple of years ago. In the meantime we were given punchkey access to a former crew lounge where they moved the big screen TV and a few sofas. The Admiral's Broom Closet. They had to keep changing the door code 'cause people would share it with non-members, so we'd ask at the ticket counter before every trip for the new code du jour. I think we all appreciate it more for having lost it for so long.
Old May 31, 2011, 3:15 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
I've heard from a source I consider reliable that the "new" club will open Monday, June 6th. Not sure if all services will be available immediately or not.

Figures since I'm flying Friday and Saturday this week.

Greg
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:03 pm

Desk staff told me the same thing.

The club will be open in the new location on Monday. They are moving items over the weekend.

I'm flying out at 6am on Sunday, I'll post if there is anything new to report.

As of yestreday the exterior still looks like a work in progress.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MR Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Tuesday

I will be in the new AC on Tuesday and will give a full report with pictures.

ZakkW
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold - HH Diamond
ZakkW, thanks ^
Old Jun 3, 2011, 6:50 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
I flew out this afternoon STL-ORD-ABQ.

The former Cheers bar looks nothing like it did four weeks ago. There are doors set up with the Admirals Club sign and hours, and the former "stained" glass window is now clear glass with a frosted AAdmirals Club logo.

Looking inside, there's still a lot of work to be done this weekend, but they have completely gutted the space and are working on some temporary space which should be pretty nice -- albeit much smaller than before.

My personal feeling, having seen this today, is that if AA wanted to completely ditch STL, they could have done so with the tornado as an excuse. I'm not sure if they are doing this because of insurance payments or what but they seem to be trying to put a decent lounge together within six weeks of a tornado.

Greg
Old Jun 3, 2011, 8:49 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Without reading their insurance policy, my guess is that they are entitled to this, irrespective of whether they decide to cash out or rebuild the actual club, under their business interruption policy. It is a good sign for STL and I would anticipate that they rebuild a smaller club like they had actually planned and put some cash in their pocket.

Last edited by abk; Jun 4, 2011 at 8:39 am
Old Jun 5, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Hi I'm inbound on 818 (thanks gogo) from LAX - DCA which has a quick stop in STL to get around the perimeter restriction.

Update on the AC in STL? What kind of temporary options are there as of June 3?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.