Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: STL / St. Louis Admirals Club (old and temporary sites)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is one of two archived threads of older posts about the STL / St. Louis Lambert International Airport Admirals Club.

STL / St. Louis - Lambert Int'l. Airport Concourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

The older archived thread is ARCHIVE: STL Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: STL / St. Louis Admirals Club (old and temporary sites)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by GregL
Having spoken with an employee of the AC in STL, they are hoping to open the club up on Wednesday, although he thinks the weekend is more likely.
^
Old Apr 25, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
Having spoken with an employee of the AC in STL, they are hoping to open the club up on Wednesday, although he thinks the weekend is more likely.

Greg
What great news for us and for the employees! Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 9:22 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
My latest update is that the damage to the AC is more extensive than first thought. There are discussions taking place today and tomorrow that may result in a "temporary relocation" of the club.

Not sure where that would be -- perhaps the old TWA landside club -- not sure if that still exists or was eliminated upon building the B/C connector.

But, it sounds like AA is serious about retaining the club.. even if the details are changing.

Greg
Old Apr 25, 2011, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MR Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold
My latest update is that the damage to the AC is more extensive than first thought. There are discussions taking place today and tomorrow that may result in a "temporary relocation" of the club.

Not sure where that would be -- perhaps the old TWA landside club -- not sure if that still exists or was eliminated upon building the B/C connector.

But, it sounds like AA is serious about retaining the club.. even if the details are changing.

Greg

Thanks Greg. Hopefully something will be open somewhere at somepoint.

ZakkW
Old Apr 27, 2011, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
My membership expires at the end of June. Last week I sent an email asking if I would get a pro-rated refund if I renewed and they later closed the STL club. So far no answer.

Another thread suggests an upcoming temporary home where Cheers was in terminal D. No evident activity there at 8:30 this morning.
Old May 3, 2011, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

At STL now waiting for a departing flight. Sign said Admirals Club closed "indefinitely". It says they hope to have a new club opened elsewhere in the terminal by "mid-May".

Damn. I didn't get a chance to check out the TWA glass panels
Old May 8, 2011, 3:47 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
General posts about the STL terminal and airport operations have now been moved to a more general thread so that we can reserve this thread for discussions of the Admirals Club:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...1-tornado.html

/Moderator
Old May 10, 2011, 10:36 am

Update 5-10-2011

Flying out this morning, they've now stationed folding tables and two AAngels outside of the old club location and outside of Cheers.

Their job for now is just to tell members what's going on, give out candy and they have a few magazines and US Today, but surprisingly no American Way. They cancelled the WSJ subscription for now. They don't really know anything more about future plans for the terminal or the club than what's already been reported here, and they have some concern that construction hasn't yet started on the temporary location if they're going to open by the end of the month.

They also have Wifi working outside the old club location, and some seating.
Old May 10, 2011, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA exp(6mm), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
talked to the aa admirals folks in front of cheers this am. they said the temporary club at cheers won't be open until the end of May. They said 9-12 months for the regular admirals club. I was glAAd to hear it was going to reopen at all.
I was lucky, my car was in A lot over good Friday. B Lot is still closed and D has reopened.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by JimLtravels
talked to the aa admirals folks in front of cheers this am. they said the temporary club at cheers won't be open until the end of May. They said 9-12 months for the regular admirals club. I was glAAd to hear it was going to reopen at all.
I was lucky, my car was in A lot over good Friday. B Lot is still closed and D has reopened.
I called Admirals Club folks and they gave me 1 one month extension on my memebership. If what you say is true I wonder if I should see if I can get addtional time.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: AA-PLT; DL-Silver/AKA "nothing"; Hilton-Diamond;
For the 6th time, I had to sit at the gate and pay for Starbucks coffee.

I am not special or needy and I fully realize that the AC got hit by a tornado. But for some strange reason that tornado didn't stop Starbucks, several gift shops a few food carts and a bar from getting an operation up and running right away.

It just kind of irks me that I paid $400 and all I hear is "Well, it's going to take a while to get Cheers up and running as an Admirals Club". Other than a paper on the boarded up storefront, I don't see anything at all going on at "Cheers". And please don't follow that up with telling me how I can still visit all the other clubs, either... Although I do stop in, I didn't join AC to every once in a while visit the one in ORD, MIA or DFW for 6 minutes between hurried connections.

Since they were in a rush to "downsize" the club to save on rent anyway, I am starting to get the feeling that someone in some office somewhere is using this "opportunity" to calculate how much business will really be lost by just closing it straight up.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Why not ask AA if they'll give you an extension on your current membership? Nothing lost in asking.
Old May 20, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA exp(6mm), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I asked the counter agents how long it would be until the reopening of the admirals club, they said about two more weeks. I then went to the old Cheers where the club will be. I talked with the workmen inside. When I said two weeks, they laughed. It looks like a lot had to be done to get the club ready in two weeks if, in fact, it will open by then. I am hopeful, but!
Old May 20, 2011, 2:03 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
I've moved these posts over from the general STL updates thread to the Admirals Club thread here.

/Moderator

Originally Posted by pkerr
I called Admirals Club folks and they gave me 1 one month extension on my memebership. If what you say is true I wonder if I should see if I can get addtional time.
I asked the counter agents how long it would be until the reopening of the admirals club, they said about two more weeks. I then went to the old Cheers where the club will be. I talked with the workmen inside. When I said two weeks, they laughed. It looks like a lot had to be done to get the club ready in two weeks if, in fact, it will open by then. I am hopeful, but!
Old May 21, 2011, 10:10 am

Peered through the glass on the way by last night. I'll be AMAZED if it's only two weeks. Bigger space than I remembered, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.