Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: STL / St. Louis Admirals Club (old and temporary sites)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is one of two archived threads of older posts about the STL / St. Louis Lambert International Airport Admirals Club.

STL / St. Louis - Lambert Int'l. Airport Concourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

The older archived thread is ARCHIVE: STL Admirals Club
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: STL / St. Louis Admirals Club (old and temporary sites)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Wasn't it mentioned at some point that DL's build up in STL was in part because it won the InBev corporate travel account?
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by TWA884
Yes, the STL Admirals Club was previously the TWA Ambassadors Club. The Ambassadors Club was moved to the present location about a year or two before TWA was acquired by AA
TWA was NOT acquired by AA. Some assets of TWA were purchased by AA.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:58 pm

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GregL
Even though I've been a frequent flyer out of STL since this club opened under TWA, I never knew there was anything downstairs other than the welcome desk.

Greg
It is to the right of the welcome desk on the first floor. There were a number of workstation desks where you could check emails and make phone calls. It was behind a closed door as I recall (this is going back to 98-99).
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Weren't the conference rooms are downstairs as well - beyond the elevator?

Always though the setup was pretty inefficient, especially once you couldn't get through security without a BP.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by AAP8riot

But, back to the point...who would take the space? If DL wants the larger presence, they can take the B concourse and add a club there???
My understanding is that after AirTran moved, B is completely shutdown and has been converted to office space.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by hockeystl
My understanding is that after AirTran moved, B is completely shutdown and has been converted to office space.
Office space!? For who? Terminal D is empty, B is empty, there's nothing in C past Gate 16. Maybe TSA plans to expand. Or maybe airport management.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:12 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by mvoight
TWA was NOT acquired by AA. Some assets of TWA were purchased by AA.
OT.

Technicalities.

The fact is that TWA filed for bankruptcy reorganization at AMR's behest to get rid of Carl Icahn's Karabu ticketing agreement. As the debtor in possession, AMR was pretty much in control of the bankruptcy process. AMR bought substantially all of TWA's U.S. based assets. AA then offered employment to just about all of TWA's U.S. employees with the exception of a few management folks.

I watched a play by play of the process by reading each and every legal motion, court ruling and docket entry on PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records). There were over 1,000 entries by the time that the assets sale closed.

You can call that transaction whatever you want; however, AMR bought a lot more than "some assets of TWA."
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I found the STL AC to be nice, clean, roomy and quiet. But it did look under-utilized.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by nyc6035
It is to the right of the welcome desk on the first floor. There were a number of workstation desks where you could check emails and make phone calls. It was behind a closed door as I recall (this is going back to 98-99).
There was no closed door - there were simply 8-10 or so workstations immediately to the right of the check-in desk, all out in the open. They usually had a pot of coffee there too. I frequently used to use these desks to pull down email quickly upon arrival.

This area was definitely still there in the early AA days also. At least till '02-'03.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by GregL
Yes, DL is adding LGA/BOS/DCA/RDU flights. I have some concern for the AA LGA/DCA flights out of STL.
Hadn't seen anything on BOS... is that confirmed?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:44 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I rode back in F Tuesday night from LGA. Two STL based 3 million mile EXPs were telling me that they moved most of there flying to Delta this year and have already qualified for the top tier and were very happy with it and the upgrades. Next year it will be Delta for them.

Yesterday, I took my kid to the airport and the Delta counter was so much busier than AA that it kinda upset me.

I have also heard from two different sources that STL is due for more cuts. What's left to cut? In the end we could be a station that has flights only to DFW and ORD.

I am at a loss to understand why AA would hand the STL business to Delta but that is exactly what has occurred. I guess the point is we should be happy just to keep the Admirals club and the way things are going, a smaller club will certainly be all we need.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by abk
What's left to cut?
LGA/DCA/LAX... and I'd bet that DL would/could/will also add LAX flights in a blink if given the opening.

One thing that has struck me about the new "super-sized DL" since the NW merger is that they now have the resources to take advantage of a STL-like situation so effectively.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
OT.

Technicalities.

The fact is that TWA filed for bankruptcy reorganization at AMR's behest to get rid of Carl Icahn's Karabu ticketing agreement. As the debtor in possession, AMR was pretty much in control of the bankruptcy process. AMR bought substantially all of TWA's U.S. based assets. AA then offered employment to just about all of TWA's U.S. employees with the exception of a few management folks.

I watched a play by play of the process by reading each and every legal motion, court ruling and docket entry on PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records). There were over 1,000 entries by the time that the assets sale closed.

You can call that transaction whatever you want; however, AMR bought a lot more than "some assets of TWA."
And don't forget THE most important point: AA rolled all our TWA miles to AAdvantage and gave us corresponding status!
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
Hadn't seen anything on BOS... is that confirmed?
It's been discussed among DL mgmt but nothing has been confirmed. LAX has also been discussed but my impression is DL would add BOS before LAX

They're now using A10 in STL but if another route is picked up they might have to add another gate...and the current config in A doesnt offer a free gate that makes sense for DL at the moment.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by abk
I rode back in F Tuesday night from LGA. Two STL based 3 million mile EXPs were telling me that they moved most of there flying to Delta this year and have already qualified for the top tier and were very happy with it and the upgrades. Next year it will be Delta for them.

Yesterday, I took my kid to the airport and the Delta counter was so much busier than AA that it kinda upset me.

I have also heard from two different sources that STL is due for more cuts. What's left to cut? In the end we could be a station that has flights only to DFW and ORD.

I am at a loss to understand why AA would hand the STL business to Delta but that is exactly what has occurred. I guess the point is we should be happy just to keep the Admirals club and the way things are going, a smaller club will certainly be all we need.
So I guess I have to read up on the Skypesos program? Sigh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.