Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AA International Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AA International Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: Various
Thank you Adrian for posting both J and F menus.

I hate to mention the most obvious thing that I see. There is hardly any catering difference between the same; same main courses. What kind of message is that sending to everyone? I wonder how many other airlines serve similar menus in First and Business? Yes, there is more to an airline than the food (before B....e kicks in) but other than hard product, the gap is narrowing IMO.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by PresRDC
They need to get over their love affair with cilantro. Vile weed. My favorite was the cilantro mashed potatoes. Who the F could possibly think that that would be a good flavor combination.
+1, I can't stand cilantro either..yuck
Old Feb 11, 2010, 5:55 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
On the 5pm DFW-LHR flight in business class:

Champagne
Pommery Brut Champagne

White Wines
Willm Pinot Blanc Reserve
Aresti Chardonnay

Red Wines
Chateau Belgrave Haut-Medoc, Bordeaux
Castle Rock Pinot Noir

Sherry
Emilio Lustau Sherry

Dessert Wine
Graham's Vintage Port

MAIN COURSE

Lamb Medallions with Marionberry
Curried Shrimp and Scallops
Garden Lasagna

My choice: Caribbean Crusted Beef (tasted great)
Grilled fillet of beef served with a Caribbean-style crust, offered with garlic butter and French potato salad.

DESSERT
Ben and Jerry's Fair Trade chocolate ice cream topped with marshmallows and chopped walnuts

Old Feb 14, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
NRT-ORD AA 154 February 2010

To start: Warm mixed nuts
Appetizer: A selection of assorted sushi
Salad: Fresh seasonal greens offered with pickled ginger vinagrette or Sapori d'Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Bread basket: Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course
Wasabi Chicken
Beef filet with Chasseur Sauce
Pork Noodle Bowl
Wok Barbeque Shrimp-a signature Sam Choy item

Dessert: Vanilla ice cream accompanied by raspberry sauce and walnut cookie crumble toping

or

Fresh seasonal fruit

Snack Attack

Mid-flight snack
Edo-style Mini Bento Box

Light Sandwich-roasted chicken with cheddar cheese served with grapes and a Mango Soyjoy bar

Breakfast
Breakfast Breads

Main Course
Swiss Cheese Omlette
Cereal and Yogurt

Last edited by AAerSTL; Feb 14, 2010 at 8:22 am Reason: Improve clarity
Old Feb 14, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
JFK-NRT: Flight 167 in J

Lunch:
Warm nuts to start as usual

Terriyaki beef with snow peas, red peppers and baby corn

Usual salad except with Asian creamy dressing instead of the usual one

Choice of Beef Fillet with Mushroom sauce, Soy Glazed Chicken Bowl over fried rice, Wasabi Crusted Salmon or Garden Lasagna with vegetables

Fair Trade chocolate ice cream topped with marshmallows and chopped walnuts or fresh fruit

Snack Attack (available throughout the flight)

Milano cookies, ruffles chips, grapes with cheese and a few others

Mid-Flight Snack

Choice of Edo-style Mini Bento Box with vinegared rice, sushi and seasonal Japanese pickles or a Chicken/jack cheese sandwich

Light Meal

Choice of Uno's Pizza with a garden salad or Cilantro Chicken over noodles

Banana Chocolate drizzle cake

I have to say that I didn't particularly care for the rocky road sludge (had to wait 10 minutes for it to get to a temperature where I could eat it). The banana cake seemed as if it was right out of the Y galley. I'm honestly a bit pissed off that they only serve the warm cookies in F. The sundaes and cookies are really signature AA items and it's awful and truly unacceptable that they serve the sludge and a crappy cold Y cake in J. AA needs to learn that it should make it's F product better rather than making J worse!
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:04 am

Steak in AA F

On JFK-NRT 'F', I asked for steak for lunch. I was very surprised when asked by FA how I'd like my steak prepared. I said 'medium rare, please' and was pretty impressed that it was served to me exactly medium rare.

How did they do that? I thought FA just basically reheated what was previously prepared.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
On JFK-NRT 'F', I asked for steak for lunch. I was very surprised when asked by FA how I'd like my steak prepared. I said 'medium rare, please' and was pretty impressed that it was served to me exactly medium rare.

How did they do that? I thought FA just basically reheated what was previously prepared.
I've had this happen MIA-LHR. In fact it was the galley FA who came back and asked me after I'd had my order taken. She got it just right -- I too was pretty impressed.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy

I believe they just reheated it appropriately.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
Originally Posted by vrbaba
I believe they just reheated it appropriately.
Haha, true. I will admit though, that the pictures of the steak in the domestic meals thread look delicious
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I've always assumed that the caterers sear it off, so that the inside is rare at most. If so, it should be possible to finish it to a desired temperature.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:39 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PresRDC
I've always assumed that the caterers sear it off, so that the inside is rare at most. If so, it should be possible to finish it to a desired temperature.
That's been my impression also. I've sat next to a guy who liked his beef cooked well done, so he asked the FA if she could leave it in the oven a little longer. She did caution him that the veggies may get a little overcooked, but he said he didn't mind.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:49 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
They do tend to start meat in the rare (perfect) state. Even on the salads that have cold steak slices, it is nicely seared on the outside and very red on the interior. In that case they wouldn't be able to change it, so it's good that they do it right to start.

Cheers.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by brp
They do tend to start meat in the rare (perfect) state. Even on the salads that have cold steak slices, it is nicely seared on the outside and very red on the interior. In that case they wouldn't be able to change it, so it's good that they do it right to start.

Cheers.
I tend not to eat main courses when I fly. Usually the appertizer, salad, cheese and dessert is more than enough, but I have at times asked for the strak to be rare, even if it is not hot.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
There's hope for our steaks I always ask them to just reheat it slightly, as I prefer it more rare than cooked the way they usually do it.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had mixed results on the NRT flights when asking that my steak not be baked as long as the others. Some FAs cheerfully ask how I'd like it and others look at me like I'd just asked to borrow money. Last week I had an excellent rare steak LAX-NRT but on the way back, NRT-JFK, the steak was one of the worst - it had the consistency of boiled meat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.