Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AA International Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AA International Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM
LAX-NRT in J

AA# 169 LAX-NRT in J

Dining Service

To Start: Warm mixed nuts

Appetizer: Teriyaki chicken with marinated daikon radish

Salad: Fresh Seasonal greens offered with creamy pickled ginger dressing or olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Bread basket: Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course:

• Boursin Crusted Beef Fillet: Grilled tenderloin of beef with a Boursin crust presented with wilted spinach, balsamic grilled tomatoes, and whipped potatoes

• Japanese-style Pan-fried Noodles: Fried noodles with sautéed shrimp and a medley of vegetables garnished with red pickle ginger and ao-nori seaweed flavoring.

• Mochi Chicken
• Breast of chicken in teriyaki sauce with baby bok choy and roasted sweet potato mash. *A signature Sam Choy item*

• Cheese Ravioli
• Semolina pasta filled with four cheeses, offered with a mushroom tomato cream sauce, sautéed shallots and sliced mushrooms

Dessert:

• Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch with cocoa dusted almonds

• Fresh seasonal fruit

Light Meal (offered prior to arrival)

• Uno’s Pizza: An individual deep-dish spinach and garlic pizza served with a green salad and pepper cream dressing

• Sesame Chicken: Sesame chicken with an Asian salad and a plum vinaigrette dressing
Old Dec 28, 2010, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by sj-flyer
AA# 169 LAX-NRT in J

Dining Service

To Start: Warm mixed nuts

Appetizer: Teriyaki chicken with marinated daikon radish

Salad: Fresh Seasonal greens offered with creamy pickled ginger dressing or olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Bread basket: Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course:

• Boursin Crusted Beef Fillet: Grilled tenderloin of beef with a Boursin crust presented with wilted spinach, balsamic grilled tomatoes, and whipped potatoes

• Japanese-style Pan-fried Noodles: Fried noodles with sautéed shrimp and a medley of vegetables garnished with red pickle ginger and ao-nori seaweed flavoring.

• Mochi Chicken
• Breast of chicken in teriyaki sauce with baby bok choy and roasted sweet potato mash. *A signature Sam Choy item*

• Cheese Ravioli
• Semolina pasta filled with four cheeses, offered with a mushroom tomato cream sauce, sautéed shallots and sliced mushrooms

Dessert:

• Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch with cocoa dusted almonds

• Fresh seasonal fruit

Light Meal (offered prior to arrival)

• Uno’s Pizza: An individual deep-dish spinach and garlic pizza served with a green salad and pepper cream dressing

• Sesame Chicken: Sesame chicken with an Asian salad and a plum vinaigrette dressing
Had the same menu on the 24th, but the heath bar ice was not there, it was sub d by a oreo mix ice cream. Was a bit disappointed as I love the heath bar one
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
AA54 ORD - MAN
December 2010

Dining Service

To Start
Warm nuts
or
Crudites and dip

Appetizer
Smoked slamon and herb marinated shrimp

Salad
Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with a classic Caesar dressing or Sapori d'Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course

Mango Chile Beef
Grilled fillet of beef featured with a mango chile demi-glaze, blue cheese potatoes and glazed carrots

Seared Balsamic Chicken
Savory chicken breast with a balsamic white chocolate sauce, offered with tomatoes, grilled asparagus and pumpkin cranberry rissole

Red Snapper with Aji Cream Corn Sauce
Sauteed red snapper topped with an aji cream corn sauce, served with crab ceviche and black bean refrito
A signature Stephen Pyles item

Cheese Ravioli
Semolina pasta filled with four cheeses offered with a mushroom tomato cream sauce, sauteed shallots and sliced mushrooms

Dessert
Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Fruit and Cheese
Ancho chile caciotta and Sage Derby cheese accompanied by fresh grapes

Breakfast

Select from
Cheese Omelette
Served with filet mignon and O'Brien potatoes

Yogurt
Creamy fruit yogurt

Cereal
Kelloggs cereal with milk

All options are served with fresh seasonal fruit and chilled orange juice

I had the Mango Chile Beef- although the glaze was a little too sweet for my liking, the fillet itself was cooked perfectly medium exactly as I like it. The potatoes were interesting.
Overall, although I wasn't inspired when I first read through the menu, the meal was actually very good.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Slvr, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5star
Does anyone know if I can find out what will be offered for a special meal (vegetarian or vegan) in advance?

(Am flying LAX-NRT in J in January, if that helps).
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by GenieFlyer
Does anyone know if I can find out what will be offered for a special meal (vegetarian or vegan) in advance?

(Am flying LAX-NRT in J in January, if that helps).
Technically its a vegan meal (AA doesnt do vegetarian meals anymore) but note that I have found many items in the vegan meal that are not vegan suitable (salad dressings with egg, yogurt etc.)

I flew JFK-NRT last month and the vegan meal was the usual big salad with little salad to start, rice with chickpeas and tomatoe sauce for main and fruit for desert. I dont remember the second meal (and Im not sure if there is an extra meal on the shorter LAX flight). Before landing was a cold pasta salad.

Hope that helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.