Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AA International Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AA International Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FWAAA
I've had mixed results on the NRT flights when asking that my steak not be baked as long as the others. Some FAs cheerfully ask how I'd like it and others look at me like I'd just asked to borrow money. Last week I had an excellent rare steak LAX-NRT but on the way back, NRT-JFK, the steak was one of the worst - it had the consistency of boiled meat.
My steak two weeks back on 154 NRT-ORD was overcooked, rubbery, and had a lot of fat. Filet on JFK-NRT was not bad however. I've had better luck on transcons as opposed to international with the quality. All time favorite AA entree is the cowboy filet I was served on DFW-FRA last May, but haven't come across it since then.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 9:19 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Never ordered steak in Int'l F, but I've had it about 4 times on domestic routes (including flagship F). It's always horrible. Dry, overcooked, rubbery, everything a steak should NOT be.

I kept ordering it, thinking the catering might be different at different posts, but I was wrong. I'll not be getting steak in domestic F anymore...
Old Feb 25, 2010, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I think the worst meat dish I've ever seen was the "Yankee Pot Roast," which featured braised filet mingon (apparently the only cut of meat known to AA). Anyone with even a iota of culinary knowledge knows that you cannot braise filet as it is too lean. You braise cuts with lots of fat and connective tissue, so that it breaks down and tenderizes and flavors the meat.

It's Culinary School 101.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:27 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Anyone with even a iota of culinary knowledge knows that you cannot braise filet as it is too lean.

[...]

Culinary School 102

There are good reasons not to braise filet mignon, but low fat content is not one of them.
Cuts of beef in order of fat content from low to high:

Top Sirloin - (8 oz. raw) 306 calories, 50 grams protein, 11 grams fat

Flank - (8 oz. raw) 352 calories, 24 grams protein, 16 grams fat

Rib-Eye - (8 oz. raw) 592 calories, 40 grams protein, 48 grams fat

T-Bone - (8 oz. raw) 496 calories, 40 grams protein, 35 grams fat

Filet Mignon - (8 oz. raw) 592 calories, 40 grams protein, 48 grams fat
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, AS MVP Gold. Happily ex-1K, ex-Exec Plat, ex-DL Diamond for 5 years each
Lots of Europe / Asia menus in this thread -- anybody fly F or J to South America recently and can tell me what to expect? I'm flying either MIA-EZE or JFK-EZE in a few weeks, in F.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat
........... Anyone with even a iota of culinary knowledge knows that you cannot braise filet as it is too lean. You braise cuts with lots of fat and connective tissue, so that it breaks down and tenderizes and flavors the meat.

???? Connective tissue (non-fat) is key. Plenty of lean cuts of meat can be braised.

Also cooking almost any meat in a wet environment for a long time at controlled heat will yield tender meat. It's not the fat.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jakuda
???? Connective tissue (non-fat) is key. Plenty of lean cuts of meat can be braised.

Also cooking almost any meat in a wet environment for a long time at controlled heat will yield tender meat. It's not the fat.
You'd have to cook it for hours and hours and hours and you'd end up with tender, but flavorless mush.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
Culinary School 102

There are good reasons not to braise filet mignon, but low fat content is not one of them.
Cuts of beef in order of fat content from low to high:

Top Sirloin - (8 oz. raw) 306 calories, 50 grams protein, 11 grams fat

Flank - (8 oz. raw) 352 calories, 24 grams protein, 16 grams fat

Rib-Eye - (8 oz. raw) 592 calories, 40 grams protein, 48 grams fat

T-Bone - (8 oz. raw) 496 calories, 40 grams protein, 35 grams fat

Filet Mignon - (8 oz. raw) 592 calories, 40 grams protein, 48 grams fat

Interesting. I've never seen a filet mignon with nearly the same amount of marbling as a rib-eye.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:48 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Interesting. I've never seen a filet mignon with nearly the same amount of marbling as a rib-eye.
I think that, like all cuts of steak, it depends on how it's cut. If you trim a filet to zero-inches fat, it probably has half the fat grams as listed above.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 3:26 pm

Does anyone have a dinner menu for flt#917,mia/lim. If not, since it is only aout 5/6hours, can you tell me if the bus. service is regular international or more like a trans con?
Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: AA PLAT
DUB-ORD 27 Feb 2010 Lunch

Warm mixed nuts or Marinated cheese antipasto

Grilled scallops, hot-smoked slamon and grilled shrimp with a marinated roasted vegetable salad.

Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with roasted red pepper dressing or Sapori d’Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Mains:
Chateaubriand with Mushroom Sauce
Foie Gras Stuffed Chicken
Pecorino Gnocchi

I went for the Rack of Lamb with Merlot Sauce

Ice cream sundae with hot fudge, whipped cream and nuts

DUB-ORD 27 Feb 2010 Light Meal

Gourmet Salad

Fresh fruit or cookies
Old Mar 8, 2010, 4:53 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
AA 108 BOS-LHR March 2010

To start: Warm mixed nuts or marinated cheese antipasto

Appetizer: Smoked salmon and herb marinated shrimp^ (quite good)

Salad: Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with classic Caesar dressing or Sapori d'Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Bread basket

Main course:
Boursin Crusted beef filet (I opted for the beef and must say this was the best beef entree I've had on AA in about 4 years. Cooked medium well served with potatoes and chargrilled tomatoes)
Lamb Shank with Ale Tomato sauce
Red Thai Curry Chicken
Cheese Tortellini with Romano sauce

Dessert: traditional sundaes with toppings or fruit and cheese plate

Breakfast: Fresh seasonal fruit, yogurt (Raspberry), and cereal (Kellogg's Crispix or presumably generic equivalent)
Old Mar 9, 2010, 2:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
FRA-DFW 777 business class 1030 departure

Champagne
Pommery Brut Champagne

White Wines
Wegeler Estate Riesling (really enjoyed this wine)
Seven Sisters “Vivian” Sauvignon Blanc

Red Wines
Fabre Montmayou Malbec Reserve
Cyan Prestigio

Sherry
Emilio Lustau Sherry

Dessert Wine
Graham's 20 Years Old Tawny Port

Appetizer
Portobello Mushroom and cherry tomatoes

Salad
Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with honey Dijon dressing or Sapori d'Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Main Course
Tarragon Chicken
Grilled Citrus Halibut
Penna Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes

My selection (only three available and they were the first three meals selected):
Tomato Almond Beef Fillet
Grilled Fillet of beef in a tomato almond sauce, offered with mixed vegetables and broccoli mashed potatoes

Dessert
A scoop of Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream

Old Mar 11, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Aa996 eze-dfw 3/8 J

To Start: Warm mixed nuts

Soup: Fennel broth with a caramelized fennel and ciboulette garnish

Salad: Fresh Seasonal Greens featured with tomato, hearts of palm and herb marinated shrimp

Bread Basket: Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course:
Beef Fillet with White Wine Mustard

Lemon Pepper Sea Bass

Gorgonzola Pasta

Fruit and Cheese Plate (kinda strange as a main course)

Dessert:
Dulce de leche ice cream topped with an almond praline (this was ridiculously delicious)

A selection of fine cheeses offered with seasonal grapes

BREAKFAST:

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

A vegetable omelette featured with a light tomato sauce, Canadian bacon and cubed potatoes

Yogurt

Cereal

Last edited by JD623; Mar 11, 2010 at 1:11 pm Reason: didn't put in class of service
Old Mar 11, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Aa92 ord-dub 3/9 j

To Start: Warm mixed nuts or Marinated cheese antipasto

Appetizer: Smoked salmon and herb marinated shrimp

Salad: Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with classic Caesar dressing or olive oil and balsamic

Bread Basket: Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course:
Boursin Crusted Beef Fillet
Lamb Shank with Ale Tomato Sauce
Red Thai Curry Chicken
Cheese Tortellini with Romano Sauce

Dessert:
Ice cream sundae Vanilla ice cream with choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry topping, whipped cream and pecans

Caciotta and cheddar cheese accompanied by seasonal grapes and dried apricots

BREAKFAST:

Chilled Orange Juice
Fresh seasonal fruit
Cream cheese and chive omelette served with filet mignon and O'Brien potatoes
Yogurt
Cereal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.