Originally Posted by ashill
November 5 (2009) is a Thursday.
Oops, she specifically said the 5th, as I understand it did not open today 11/3
Old Nov 3, 2009, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by photodave
Originally Posted by serfty
Try the hike from the F/L to D50/D21 ...
Took me about 5 minutes when I did it a couple of times in September. It's really no big deal.
I did it in June to D51, left 40 minutes before scheduled departure, 12 minutes of brisk walking later I arrived at the gate as they were calling group 2.

Originally Posted by sharklover
Its good exercise before a long flight.
... even good exercise before a short flight ..

Last edited by serfty; Nov 3, 2009 at 7:36 pm
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PeoDeMIA

We arrived yesterday at D48 and the walk to immigration was embarasingly long--long open hallways, followed by single door passages. I'll miss the low E international arrivals. Will the train help at all with the walk to immigration?

A new immigration hall will be opened, I suspect close to re-opening of the old concourse A and close to area. I believe the intention is to have most Intenational flights (with the exception of AE) arrive at that end of the new terminal

Anyone know what the new EBS concrete building is opposite the nee gates D53-55 and adjacent to D50? Is it a baggage thing? Seems quite large and out of place.

That I am almost certain will be the departure waiting/area for AE which will be using D53, 55 from there pax will be bussed to the remote stands.

The new baggage system which is supposed to be almost complete is located at base of the structure that has replaced most of the demolished C and B concourses

The Herald couldn't even pin down a date, just "next week," but this was the best quote: ``The Opera House in Sydney [Australia] was 1,300 percent over its original budget,'' he said. ``All great buildings have cost overruns.'' Hmmmmm, Sydney Opera v. Dade County govt, better not let the county managers know they've got competition!
mike
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
I just drove past the new area. It looks really nice. It was in the old B/C check in area. It looked like it was ready. They were just cleaning it.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sharklover
I just drove past the new area. It looks really nice.
I was just through the new checkpoint near the old concourse A ticket counters, it took less than 2min.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by ashill
November 5 (2009) is a Thursday.
But it's a Friday in 2010
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:30 pm
pdb

This doesn't do much for those using the FL in E. On the other hand, the FL angels are pretty good about getting golf cart transportation to the more distant gates.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:09 pm
pdb

In fact, I was dropped off at D, this evening, only to find that none of the AA BP Kiosks was functioning in E, D, or C...resulting in a half mile walk to A/B to get my BP and another half mile walk back to E to FL lounge (for a flight departing from E9). I'm surprised that AA didn't leave a few operating Kiosks much closer to E...not the best planning (but, giving MIAs refurbishment history, par for the course).
Old Nov 7, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, ICH RA, HH Silver, Hyatt GP
Im never transited through MIA but have read alot of bad report online.
What should I be expecting with MIA' s new terminal? Im concerned I might miss our flights. I will be arriving from an international AA flight onto another international AA flight. On Non-US passport. First Class. Both directions. 3 hours transit allowance there and 1hr 50mins transit allowance on the return.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
The entire E concourse will close ( and the statellite will be demolished.. other gates not sure if they will be refurbished) when the project is far enough along to reopen what was old "A" ..circa 2011?

The train will run from D1-D55, four stations.

mike
Where did you hear this? Is that statellite E will be close and it will have to be demolished them? Where I can see more pictures inside new ticket counter & the gates space, too. I would loves to see it. I can't wait to come down there in the future. What about concourse E will have begin constructions?

I remember my last time since we went to MIA to pick someone up came arrival from JFK but, the flight has been delayed due to suspicious behaviors onboard the aircraft. I remember what happening back in summer 2003.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:27 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Took LGA flight from MIA in coach (but with status) - amazingly quick through check in and on to the gate

And amazing luck found that my 757 had become a 767/300...wow!!! Two surprises in one day!!!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
transiting through Miami

Good to see that Mia is improving... we came through there in October through the new gates for United and that terminal is very nice. Next week we are flying through MIA on Thursday -- arriving on an UA flight at 4:30 p.m. and expecting to make a 6:40 p.m. connection to Barbados on AA. We've been told we can check our bags all the way through from Denver to BGI, so all we need to worry about is getting from one gate to another.

Can we walk from UA to AA without having to leave a secured area? If not, what's the best way to get through security quickly in case our arrival plane is late? We don't mind the walk, but just wonder what to expect. We'll be traveling with an elderly lady who can move fast if she has to, so that's not a problem. Any advice from frequent MIA travellers?

Thanks
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:34 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

UA and AA are not behind the same security check points. You will need to go landside and pass through TSA again. Try E and if that seems long then keep walking to the next one.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:38 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Okay. I was trying to figure it out from the airport maps from the MIA web site. Not easy to do. I hope they get "all in one" check in soon... many airports do that.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by spaceflyer
Okay. I was trying to figure it out from the airport maps from the MIA web site. Not easy to do. I hope they get "all in one" check in soon... many airports do that.
Soon? not before the North Terminal is finished earliest late 2011, all OW carriers return to A, E is revamped.... I would say 5+ years from now.

mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.