Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Rumor? New Nut mix on AA flights / and current Ramekin shortage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor? New Nut mix on AA flights / and current Ramekin shortage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by SocietyFlyGirl
Weird that there would be a shortage of ramekins. Has massive ramekin pilfering been occuring or was a truckload of ramekins involved in an accident?
Someone had better monitor CC for ramekin trades...

Perhaps this is the beginning of a strategy by AA to reduce the overall capacity of ramekins systemwide.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 1:41 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

Weird that there would be a shortage of ramekins. Has massive ramekin pilfering been occuring or was a truckload of ramekins involved in an accident?
Originally Posted by Trustguy
Someone had better monitor CC for ramekin trades...

Perhaps this is the beginning of a strategy by AA to reduce the overall capacity of ramekins systemwide.
Well, with the capacity cuts to STL, it only makes sense that this would follow as this is a primary source.

Surely you've heard of the St. Louis Ramekins?

Cheers.

Seriously, someone logged in as me and posted that
Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
I had the usual ramekins and nut mix on 2 flights this weekend. LAX-DFW-DCA.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by Blumie
So before we turn this into a 16-page thread on the (de)merits of sugar coated nuts, can anyone confirm that this is, in fact, a change in AA's service as opposed to a one-off occurrence? Perhaps the caterer just catered the wrong nuts.
Why change now?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
I can't wait to see what April 1st brings?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by flymeAAway
I can't wait to see what April 1st brings?
I love a challenge . . .
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Rumor has it that there are bunches of ramekins being parked near Mojave and Victorville, CA. The electronics and wiring are being stripped out, and the ramekins are staying for the time being.

Could this be the foretelling of the return of, wait,

...of the Los Angeles Ramekins?

sorry brp -- this must have been the same person who hacked your account...

Last edited by Trustguy; Oct 20, 2009 at 11:56 pm Reason: tense issue... why don't I know grammar?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:25 am

Good update. On my flight with nuts-in-wine-glass, I just thought the FA was trying to class it up.

It could be that they are phasing old ones out in favor of new china or that the new china stinks.

Since we started using the new china mugs, plates, ramekins, I've seen an increase in broken items. Everytime I see something that has a chink out of it, I throw it out. Nothing is more tacky than giving someone broken china. It's a haven for bacteria. The old stuff lasted years and this new stuff isn't wearing too well.

BTW, regular nut mix tonight.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:22 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Oh the joys of a layover. I get to read how many more double-entendre and innuendos we can get from the subject of Nuts. We at BA Forum discuss how to spread scones and which Champgne BA should be serving - but your nuts are far far more entertaining. As I have said before, when anyone says that AA Forum has no sense of humour I tell them that I beg to differ.

Now I am here for two reasons. The first is to tell you something very much against myself. When I read the post about the bag of Costco nuts I wondered what a Costco nut was (bear with me I live the other side of the pond (No! Not the other side of the tracks or the hill!)) and wondered whether they came from a Costco Tree and then realising that this was a Marge Simpson moment remembered what Costco was (aren't their bags rather big:?) and had a real DOH at myself. So I share that with you.

Then when my eyes read of Nut Bags - I was minded of someone who decided (some fool in the crew let on that I was a nurse) decided on a flight to ask me whether he had a rash on his. Indeed he decided to let me examine the same. Wheras there were crew members whose predilictions would have led them to believe that they had died and gone to heaven before such a request - I nearly choked on the spot.

I would continue but this is a respectable Forum and if you want to know what happened next you will have to visit us and I'll do a TFTG when I get home as one is rather overdue.

The ramekins have all been stolen or smashed or grown legs. Trust me. Someone in F had quite a lot of china that clearly came from AA. I rather wondered if they had plundered an entire dinner service. Whilst punning one last time I really do not know why it is that flying attracts all these lunatics (nutcases?) - we don't have people thieving the china on trains do we?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
our trains don't go to China
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Now I am here for two reasons. The first is to tell you something very much against myself. When I read the post about the bag of Costco nuts I wondered what a Costco nut was (bear with me I live the other side of the pond
We have Costco in the UK, now, though as well, Pucci!
Link
But I'm not sure whether they have the same nuts. They do have good fish, however
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
but your nuts are far far more entertaining.
That's what she said.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Originally Posted by brp

Seriously, someone logged in as me and posted that
Why yes, yes they did.*

* Don't you have Firefox or Safari save your credentials for this site?
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
I just wanted to say that this thread has degenerated in a most wonderful way.

My special thanks to Pucci Galore.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:34 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Good idea for random nut eaters, but what about those that eat their nuts in sequence?
That's nutty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.