Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Rumor? New Nut mix on AA flights / and current Ramekin shortage

Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors

Encountered new nut mix last night on AA1684 BNA-LGA. Was told by the FA that this was the first day for the new mix. The new entry is sugar-coated and half the front cabin sent them back half- or uneaten, myself included. Let the reviews begin.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:23 am

Aww, nuts.

Why mess with a good thing?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Yuck! I hate sugary nuts particularly before the meal service.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:36 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Any soy nuts?

Were your nuts warm?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 8:49 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Danwriter
sugar-coated
Because we all need more sugar in our diets... Double-plus-ungood.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Encountered new nut mix last night on AA1684 BNA-LGA. Was told by the FA that this was the first day for the new mix. The new entry is sugar-coated and half the front cabin sent them back half- or uneaten, myself included. Let the reviews begin.
Eeuwww....
Old Oct 7, 2009, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
So before we turn this into a 16-page thread on the (de)merits of sugar coated nuts, can anyone confirm that this is, in fact, a change in AA's service as opposed to a one-off occurrence? Perhaps the caterer just catered the wrong nuts.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:09 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Blumie
So before we turn this into a 16-page thread on the (de)merits of sugar coated nuts, can anyone confirm that this is, in fact, a change in AA's service as opposed to a one-off occurrence? Perhaps the caterer just catered the wrong nuts.
Actually, it was the OPs birthday and he was on his honeymoon, so all bets are off.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:24 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Blumie
Agreed. We have folks here flying all the time on nut flights. Those folks adding more actual experiences will be far more valuable than the rants about the negative change. After we get enough folks confirming it, then it makes sense to rant

Of course, a comment by whirledtraveler about his sugar-coated nuts would be completely appropriate

(Our SFO-HNL tomorrow is 9 AM, so we're not likely to get nuts of any kind.)

Cheers.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:34 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
am on AA 7 DFW-OGG this weekend -

am really hoping they don't change the tropical nut mix....
Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
In English, YUCK.
In French, BEURK
(Why do they both end with a K ?)
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I liked the soy nuts. There, I said it.

Mike
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:33 am

This seems nuty to me.
The last time AA tried to change was to the soy crap and they got buried with complaints.
Let's get a few more confirmations, then bury them in emails, again
(the soy so called phony nut fiasco was ~ 3 years ago).
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:38 am

I've noticed new larger versions of the snack mix bags starting to appear. As of last week, though, the nuts were still the same. I'll have more data to draw from next week.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by brp
Agreed. We have folks here flying all the time on nut flights. Those folks adding more actual experiences will be far more valuable than the rants about the negative change. After we get enough folks confirming it, then it makes sense to rant

Of course, a comment by whirledtraveler about his sugar-coated nuts would be completely appropriate

(Our SFO-HNL tomorrow is 9 AM, so we're not likely to get nuts of any kind.)

Cheers.

They don't do the tropical nut mix on SFO-HNL?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.