Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Rumor? New Nut mix on AA flights / and current Ramekin shortage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor? New Nut mix on AA flights / and current Ramekin shortage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1.7MM); BD *G; HH Diamond
DFW-CLT this afternoon:

Same old nuts, but served in a wine glass, not ramekins.

They were... hard to eat, at least the last few.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, United Mileage Plus silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by greggwiggins
I'll trade you my pistachios (I don't like 'em) for your cashews (I love 'em).
and i like both pistachios and the cashews (but not the almonds)
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, United Mileage Plus silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
looks like the sugar was just a one time coating.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:39 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Originally Posted by Danwriter
Encountered new nut mix last night on AA1684 BNA-LGA. Was told by the FA that this was the first day for the new mix. The new entry is sugar-coated and half the front cabin sent them back half- or uneaten, myself included. Let the reviews begin.
This is news to me.....haven't seen/heard anything about AA changing the Premium nuts.... (working LGA-ORD pretty much all month and same nuts as we've always had. Me thinks it was a caterer issue at BNA)
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
This is news to me.....haven't seen/heard anything about AA changing the Premium nuts.... (working LGA-ORD pretty much all month and same nuts as we've always had. Me thinks it was a caterer issue at BNA)

I don't think AA caters at BNA - they "back cater" at either DFW or LGA (from wherever the plane was coming).

Separately, on DFW-NRT on Sunday, the nuts tasted slightly different. Almost as though some Gardetto seasoning was used. Strange.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:13 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Originally Posted by Carberry
I don't think AA caters at BNA - they "back cater" at either DFW or LGA (from wherever the plane was coming). .
This is correct. It is why they serve a full lunch on the 1974 LAX-BNA, but on the return, which should be a dinner flight, they only serve a "snack" in F.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 2:20 am

No new nuts on the last 3 transcons this week. Must have been an anomoly.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 4:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP 14M, UA-1K, AS-MVP Gold, DL-PL, CO-PL, EK-Gold, BA-Gold, HH-D, SPG-PL
Smile

Oh! My bad, I thought you were speaking about passengers on your last flight!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by sukn
Will the divorce request from Mrs. brp come before or after you ask her to dress up as an AA FA?
Or as Lt. Uhura?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
Got my info from the FA, who told me, "We just started serving these today." Noticed about half the seated cabin (we were about 3/4's full) was sending them back not completely consumed. Maybe AA was just trying it out on a few limited runs. Or they got a special at CostCo. But apparently it's one of the minutiae that touches a nerve amongst us who spend to much time in those freakin' Boeing (and Bombardier) tin cans.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM (Lifetime Gold); Marriott Gold; National Exec Emerald's
Originally Posted by dayone
You know, just today I was thinking that it had been a while since the posting of a food thread.
Agreed! Thanks to all for the good laugh today.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 8:07 am

1 transcon and two midcons in the last two days; the nut mix wasn't sugar coated (praise be!) but I did notice that it was only cashews and almonds.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by brp
Great. If I'd only bought the Captain Kirk chair that SkyMall had for about $1700, I could get these nuts, some Cost Plus ramekins and have the AA F experience in my living room. After the divorce, of course

Cheers.
Frankly, I would go with the old Pacific Southwest experience, with the hot FAs (Stews as we called them then) in hot pants and bright colors... and of course the mile-high club... also after the divorce, of course!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 9:53 am

Programs: My views are strictly my own and do not reflect the views of any company.
I'm sitting here at HDQ, baffled that there is a whole thread about nuts..lol
Old Oct 8, 2009, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
The regular mix has way too many almonds and almost no pistachios. BTW, if you're ever stuck in coach, the buy-on-board mixed nuts (which come with cheese and crackers and raisins, IIRC) are far better than the warm nuts served up front. They're not stale and have a little bit of flavor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.