Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Rumor? New Nut mix on AA flights / and current Ramekin shortage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor? New Nut mix on AA flights / and current Ramekin shortage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:42 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by AGSF
Costco sells a nut mix that is, as far as I can tell, identical to the mixed nuts AA serves. I had the Costco mixed nuts the other day, and I really could not tell the difference between their mixed nuts and the AA mixed nuts -- same types of nuts, same makeup (number of each nut). I warmed them up, and they tasted exactly the same.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I think that AA's mixed nuts come from the same place as Costco's mixed nuts.
+1

I usually carry a baggie with the Costco nuts in my carry-on for when I get hungry while traveling -- If this sweet-nuts thing is a permanent change then I'll just ask them to heat up my own nuts for me!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
This is the other shoe dropping. I/O/Q are now EVIP upgradeable - but the nuts are sugar coated. Seems fair to me.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by Zeffer
Never enough pistachios.

Always too many cashews.

Oh, the difficulties of modern life... *sigh*
I'll trade you my pistachios (I don't like 'em) for your cashews (I love 'em).
Old Oct 7, 2009, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by BLG
+1

I usually carry a baggie with the Costco nuts in my carry-on for when I get hungry while traveling -- If this sweet-nuts thing is a permanent change then I'll just ask them to heat up my own nuts for me!
Please just make sure your baggie of Costco nuts is in plain view when you ask them to heat up your own nuts for you.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
And in colloquial Yiddish-- feh

I liked the nut mix as it was and for wife was always one of the highlights of flying F.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA 1MM (Back to GLD for now)
Cool

Originally Posted by greggwiggins
I'll trade you my pistachios (I don't like 'em) for your cashews (I love 'em).
One reason I enjoyed traveling in first with my wife; she doesn't like the pistachios, I don't want a lot of cashews. Now if I could just remember what first class was like... (two kids under 3, we're not up front for awhile).

- Plat
Old Oct 7, 2009, 2:50 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ESpen36
I think you're right. The Costco nut mix is basically identical to the one from the AA food service contractors.
Great. If I'd only bought the Captain Kirk chair that SkyMall had for about $1700, I could get these nuts, some Cost Plus ramekins and have the AA F experience in my living room. After the divorce, of course

Cheers.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by brp
Great. If I'd only bought the Captain Kirk chair that SkyMall had for about $1700, I could get these nuts, some Cost Plus ramekins and have the AA F experience in my living room. After the divorce, of course

Cheers.
Will the divorce request from Mrs. brp come before or after you ask her to dress up as an AA FA?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:19 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sukn
Will the divorce request from Mrs. brp come before or after you ask her to dress up as an AA FA?
Seriously- were you listening outside the door the other day?

Cheers.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
On flight 178 from SFO to JFK in J right now, and there are no sugar-coated nuts in sight. It's the same mix as it has always been. It's nice to see that they are actively refilling the dishes too.

And gogo was free! There's a new promo code for new users. Seems to also work for users that have "forgotten" which email address they used last trip.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA, US, SPG, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
You may be rolling the dice on beverage service though since it would all be "pre-departure"....

Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Sugar coating the warm mixed nuts won't "fly" for me! One of my favorite delights in life will be sent back. Ugh.

Why mess with something that isn't broke, and is so personal and noteworthy?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:25 pm

Regular nuts served tonight on AA 875 IND to DFW. I guess they were using old stock? On a different note, the FA was a dead ringer for Majel Roddenberry when she was playing a nurse on Star Trek. That captain's chair looked very good.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:30 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

You know, just today I was thinking that it had been a while since the posting of a food thread.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Regular nuts for me today as well (MIA-SJU).

I did notice that they came in a wine glass and not the standard ramekin, but I am sure that was just a catering goof.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.