FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Rumor? New Nut mix on AA flights / and current Ramekin shortage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1003313-rumor-new-nut-mix-aa-flights-current-ramekin-shortage.html)

Danwriter Oct 7, 09 8:18 am

Rumor? New Nut mix on AA flights / and current Ramekin shortage

Encountered new nut mix last night on AA1684 BNA-LGA. Was told by the FA that this was the first day for the new mix. The new entry is sugar-coated and half the front cabin sent them back half- or uneaten, myself included. Let the reviews begin.

kremedonut Oct 7, 09 8:23 am

Aww, nuts.

Why mess with a good thing?

AAerSTL Oct 7, 09 8:30 am

Yuck! I hate sugary nuts particularly before the meal service.

HNL Oct 7, 09 8:36 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Any soy nuts?

Were your nuts warm?

janetdoe Oct 7, 09 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Danwriter (Post 12554024)
sugar-coated

Because we all need more sugar in our diets...:rolleyes: Double-plus-ungood.

bdemaria Oct 7, 09 9:52 am

Encountered new nut mix last night on AA1684 BNA-LGA. Was told by the FA that this was the first day for the new mix. The new entry is sugar-coated and half the front cabin sent them back half- or uneaten, myself included. Let the reviews begin.

Eeuwww....

Blumie Oct 7, 09 9:56 am

So before we turn this into a 16-page thread on the (de)merits of sugar coated nuts, can anyone confirm that this is, in fact, a change in AA's service as opposed to a one-off occurrence? Perhaps the caterer just catered the wrong nuts.

janetdoe Oct 7, 09 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Blumie (Post 12555039)
So before we turn this into a 16-page thread on the (de)merits of sugar coated nuts, can anyone confirm that this is, in fact, a change in AA's service as opposed to a one-off occurrence? Perhaps the caterer just catered the wrong nuts.

Actually, it was the OPs birthday and he was on his honeymoon, so all bets are off.

brp Oct 7, 09 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Blumie (Post 12555039)

Agreed. We have folks here flying all the time on nut flights. Those folks adding more actual experiences will be far more valuable than the rants about the negative change. After we get enough folks confirming it, then it makes sense to rant :)

Of course, a comment by whirledtraveler about his sugar-coated nuts would be completely appropriate :D

(Our SFO-HNL tomorrow is 9 AM, so we're not likely to get nuts of any kind.)

Cheers.

freeupgrade Oct 7, 09 10:34 am

am on AA 7 DFW-OGG this weekend - :)

am really hoping they don't change the tropical nut mix....

Cofyknsult Oct 7, 09 10:38 am

In English, YUCK.
In French, BEURK
(Why do they both end with a K ?)

mikeef Oct 7, 09 11:32 am

I liked the soy nuts. There, I said it.

Mike

zman Oct 7, 09 11:33 am

This seems nuty to me.
The last time AA tried to change was to the soy crap and they got buried with complaints.
Let's get a few more confirmations, then bury them in emails, again
(the soy so called phony nut fiasco was ~ 3 years ago).

DataPlumber Oct 7, 09 11:38 am

I've noticed new larger versions of the snack mix bags starting to appear. As of last week, though, the nuts were still the same. I'll have more data to draw from next week.

JNB280 Oct 7, 09 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by brp (Post 12555342)
Agreed. We have folks here flying all the time on nut flights. Those folks adding more actual experiences will be far more valuable than the rants about the negative change. After we get enough folks confirming it, then it makes sense to rant :)

Of course, a comment by whirledtraveler about his sugar-coated nuts would be completely appropriate :D

(Our SFO-HNL tomorrow is 9 AM, so we're not likely to get nuts of any kind.)

Cheers.

They don't do the tropical nut mix on SFO-HNL?