Community
Wiki Posts
Search

April 2010 schedule changes (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by beachfan
Looks like MIA-LAX widebodies 4x day is only for April and May, not June (at least not June 18).

And LAX-MIA is only 3x day for widebodies in April (I checked 4/20)
Equipment schedules past June 10th are dummy schedules and will not be updated until late March.

For now, assume the equipment you see in April is what will continue indefinitely.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:24 am

Location: Now:AUS (again); Previous: LGA/EWR (BLKYN, missing JFK), AUS, SAT
Programs: Current: UA-Silver, Former AA Plat, DL Silver
Any chance of old AUS getting some love at some point this year? We've lost tons of service (SEA, SJC, SNA, RDU, HOU, DAL, JFK and a bunch of ORD frequencies).

I know there have been rumors floating around occasionally about AUS finally getting MIA service or restoring JFK service, any chance of that happening?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:11 am

BOS-LHR downgraded again

Originally Posted by MAH4546
New schedules were loaded over the weekend.

Some things to note include:
-763 extended on BOS-LAX through early June.
-2x 763 on MIA-SFO continues, but on the daylight flights, no longer on the redeye.
-MIA-LAX sees four daily widebodies starting in April.
-MIA-RSW will see a daily RJ flight.
-Lots of widebodies return to MIA-JFK, including a 777 service and second 763/762 flights during certain periods.
And BOS goes to 2X757 and 1X763 BOS-LHR
instead of 2X763 and 1X757 starting May 1
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Does anyone know when the schedule generally becomes set or final?

I notice they keep tweaking the times of the evening ORD-BOS flights by about 30 minutes either way. Its driving me crazy because I fly the same route weekly with only one possible flight to ORD. The schedule changes keep taking flights onward to BOS in and out of the MCT, making it a 2+ hour swing of when I can get home in the evening. First I wouldn't be able to get home until 11pm, and I was considering switching airlines. Then it changed to 8:40pm ^, and now its back to 10:00pm .

I'm hoping they will change it again so I can make the connection to the earlier flights! Any hope?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Grr... AA18 just moved forward by 25 minutes to 11:25, blowing my connection in JFK onto DCA on the 9th of April by 4 minutes! You'd think they'd move the transcons to at least hit the morning bank of RJs out of JFK
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
ORD-ATL Eagle only?

I'm looking at a trip to ATL that I've run many times, and it seems there are only American Eagle flights after a certain point in April.

What a bummer if that's true.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by clark_addison
I'm looking at a trip to ATL that I've run many times, and it seems there are only American Eagle flights after a certain point in April.

Looks like if you want mainline to ATL after the April changes, you need to go via DFW! (Think more miles!)
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver

Remember that the CR7s that serve this route will be getting F by July.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sts603
Remember that the CR7s that serve this route will be getting F by July.
I was traveling next to an EXP who mentioned to me that some seats are already available through aa.com that will eventually be F seats on these RJ's. He booked them and is eager to see whether he actually holds the F class seats.

Nonetheless, I make this ORD-ATL run several times a year, and I'm just bummed that I'm relegated to the same class of service as the late night flight on United. Bleh.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:09 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC

Yep, a big schedule change effective April 6, and this thread has now been merged into the thread on those changes in order to bump it.

/Moderator
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:43 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by paseom2
Just because the flight was full, doesn't mean the flight was profitable. Hard to image though, given the demand you illustrate, that AA couldn't find the right price point. Perhaps the a/c were re-allocated to a new route that was/is thought to be more profitable...

Curious, how have WNs prices been since AA departed?
Been about the same - so far...

I could understand AA having a hard time making money with mainline flights on the west coast, but if Eagle can't compete against WN, there is a problem.

I continue to have bad experiences with WN, and avoid them if possible. So far, VA has been excellent, and I'll continue to give them business SNA-SFO instead of SNA-SJC on WN. If only Virgin flew more routes....
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer

I could understand AA having a hard time making money with mainline flights on the west coast, but if Eagle can't compete against WN, there is a problem..
It's the opposite. Eagle is higher-CASM. It is difficult to compete with high-CASM RJs against big jets.

I was traveling next to an EXP who mentioned to me that some seats are already available through aa.com that will eventually be F seats on these RJ's. He booked them and is eager to see whether he actually holds the F class seats.
He will hold the F seats as long as he is booked before July 2nd when F class service starts.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer

I could understand AA having a hard time making money with mainline flights on the west coast, but if Eagle can't compete against WN, there is a problem.

I continue to have bad experiences with WN, and avoid them if possible. So far, VA has been excellent, and I'll continue to give them business SNA-SFO instead of SNA-SJC on WN. If only Virgin flew more routes....
then VA would be skidding downwards even faster.. alas they are burning cash like few carriers in memory have...
Old Mar 24, 2010, 2:56 pm

ORD - YYZ schedule changes?

Why would they eliminate the 6:30AM flight? The AC people had no idea what I was talking about when I asked this morning, and seemed surprised as well. Lots of changes in April, the addition of some MD80 flights is nice though it would make sense to me if one of them was one of the last two flights back from YYZ to ORD.

What is the earliest they would add it back if they notice a drop in pax over the first few weeks/months? With my two routes being ORD-YYZ and ORD-DEN, looks like I will finally have to switch to United. Should have done it to start the year, 26 segments wasted.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Is there enough feed in the morning to support that flight in the morning?
I remember before Aug 2009 changes, it was S80, now it's CR7. As you said, soon it's gone after the Apr changes.

Other than the red-eye from LAX, is there any other feed for this flight really, I could see a ER4 for that flight but what about the return? Empty seats on a flight = loss revenue and opportunity cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.