Community
Wiki Posts
Search

April 2010 schedule changes (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
I'm really feeling the pain of no Bay-Area->SNA flights. I counted over 20% of my EQM and 45% of segments being on that route alone.

Still its propping my WN RR flights up a bit. Realised I would have had 3 extra WN RR flights on that route alone last year, and STILL made EXP with DBEQM's....

BM
Old Jan 13, 2010, 7:06 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rick5905
This isn't actually an increase, just a return, thankfully!

ORD-HNL (73)
HNL-ORD (72)

Appears scheduled for 06/01/10.

Yeah!

Rick
Starts in April.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by burtonmadness
I'm really feeling the pain of no Bay-Area->SNA flights. I counted over 20% of my EQM and 45% of segments being on that route alone.

Still its propping my WN RR flights up a bit. Realised I would have had 3 extra WN RR flights on that route alone last year, and STILL made EXP with DBEQM's....

BM
Same here, I really REALLY wish AA didn't drop the SNA-SJC route and I don't understand why they did. The RJs on those flights were packed everytime Ive flown that route , and even the AM MD80 flights were full when they were there, and WN just doesnt have the capacity to make up for it, especially on Mon/Fri. Twice now trying to book last min flights to SJC the WN flights are sold out on the first two flights of the day and I have had to go to the third world crap hole that is LAX to get to SJC for AM meetings. Even if AA kept just a morning and late afternoon flight it seems like it would have to make some $.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by ryan182
Same here, I really REALLY wish AA didn't drop the SNA-SJC route and I don't understand why they did. The RJs on those flights were packed everytime Ive flown that route , and even the AM MD80 flights were full when they were there, and WN just doesnt have the capacity to make up for it, especially on Mon/Fri. Twice now trying to book last min flights to SJC the WN flights are sold out on the first two flights of the day and I have had to go to the third world crap hole that is LAX to get to SJC for AM meetings. Even if AA kept just a morning and late afternoon flight it seems like it would have to make some $.
Just because the flight was full, doesn't mean the flight was profitable. Hard to image though, given the demand you illustrate, that AA couldn't find the right price point. Perhaps the a/c were re-allocated to a new route that was/is thought to be more profitable...

Curious, how have WNs prices been since AA departed?
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:43 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Exclamation Check your itineraries

I have a number of itineraries scheduled in April and new schedules were loaded yesterday. I'm not sure if this is specific to April, or pertains to the OP, but it definitely affected me, so I wanted to post a heads up.

Edited to add: Remember to check for equipment changes impacting your seating selections as well!

Last edited by dstan; Jan 31, 2010 at 9:51 pm
Old Feb 1, 2010, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
New schedules were loaded over the weekend.

Some things to note include:
-763 extended on BOS-LAX through early June.
-2x 763 on MIA-SFO continues, but on the daylight flights, no longer on the redeye.
-MIA-LAX sees four daily widebodies starting in April.
-MIA-RSW will see a daily RJ flight.
-Lots of widebodies return to MIA-JFK, including a 777 service and second 763/762 flights during certain periods.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by MAH4546
New schedules were loaded over the weekend.

Some things to note include:
-763 extended on BOS-LAX through early June.
-2x 763 on MIA-SFO continues, but on the daylight flights, no longer on the redeye.
-MIA-LAX sees four daily widebodies starting in April.
-Lots of widebodies return to MIA-JFK, including a 777 service and second 763/762 flights during certain periods.
Any dates when the 777 will come to MIA/JFK (seems that some of the 763 flights went to a 757). IIRC several years back AA briefly used a 777 on the MIA/JFK route.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by MAH4546
It's downright sad how much this excites me.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Any dates when the 777 will come to MIA/JFK (seems that some of the 763 flights went to a 757). IIRC several years back AA briefly used a 777 on the MIA/JFK route.
I want to say 06APR10 through 10JUN10, but the June 10th date can be extended.

AA finalized equipment use over the weekend through 10 June. Use after 10 June won't be finalized until around late March.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Definitely some changes - DFW/BOS seems significantly impacted in terms of both equipment and flight schedules (in a good way, at least for me).
Old Feb 1, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Looks like the ORD-MSY at 7:50pm, CR7 goes mainline at 6:50pm on a S80 starting 04/06/2010. Same on the way back for morning flight MSY-ORD from CR7 to S80.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
CLE Mainline

Will CLE ever see a mainline aircraft. CLE went all RJ about 4 or 5 years ago.
I understand as an all Eagle station they could offer a mainline flight. And we also lost all MIA service. For one season in the 1990's had 2 daily 727's to
MIA, then to 1, then to RJ, THEN TO RJ SAT ONLY, Then nothing.
In the 1960's, had 2 707's nonstop CLE-LAX. In the 1970's, was a mini hub for some time even before Miami had any service. CLE had nonstops
to SAN, SFO, PHX, LAX, BOS.
DAY has MD-80's, CMH and CVG also has MIA service.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
I understand as an all Eagle station they could offer a mainline flight. And we also lost all MIA service. For one season in the 1990's had 2 daily 727's to
In the 1960's, had 2 707's nonstop CLE-LAX. In the 1970's, was a mini hub for some time even before Miami had any service. CLE had nonstops
I could be wrong, but I think the airline industry, the city of Cleveland, and the world have actually changed a bit since the 1960s and 1970s...

Regards
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Pining for the regulation days is a non-starter. Those nonstops to LAX existed in a government-enforced monopoly vacuum, where half full planes charging high fares could shuffle the privileged around in great comfort-- but not to MIA, since AA had no rights to fly there until the 70's. AA was forced to be mostly an east-west airline serving whatever city pairs it could wheedle the rights to. Just look at their old route maps; they are a shadow of the current network.

That said, CLE could reasonably expect the same sort of AA mainline service as CMH or PIT, except that CLE is a captive hub of CO's. If and when that changes, perhaps the service levels will too.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Looks like MIA-LAX widebodies 4x day is only for April and May, not June (at least not June 18).

And LAX-MIA is only 3x day for widebodies in April (I checked 4/20)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.