Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
The market is the other way around. Lots of Japanese manufacturers in Mexico, particularly the automotive industry. JL flew to MEX (via YVR) for a reason.

Aeromexico's flight is going to hurt badly against ANA competition.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
It's official: the Japanese government has allocated ANA 3 daytime HND-US slots and 1 nighttime one. JL gets 2 daytime slots and 0 nighttime slots.

http://jp.reuters.com/article/jal-ana-idJPKCN0XN057

NH looking to start ORD and "NY" (99% likely to be JFK).
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:32 pm

i think KHH is good....
Taipei likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: LH Senator, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Plat. Previous: UA 1K, AAdvantage Platinum;
TLV-NRT Direct ... when does it start?

Title says it all

I have heard about it, and now wanting to know when it starts and the schedule details
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Where have you heard about it?

This article (in hebrew): http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4871038,00.html from about 3 months ago, states that JL's chairman stated that JL will fly to TLV in the future, but he did not give any more details.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:42 pm

Rumor: ANA to announce NRT-MIA

Rumor going around in the Miami area that ANA is set to make the historic announcement before the Thanksgiving holiday.

This will be Miami's first east Asia city and ANA's first Florida city.

Your thoughts?

-iFlyMIA
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
There was a rumour about JAL as well at a point.

There is a good deal of traffic between Miami and Japan. I would say JAL is more logical due to AA connectivity. But I would not be surprised if ANA were to jump in.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There was a rumour about JAL as well at a point.

There is a good deal of traffic between Miami and Japan. I would say JAL is more logical due to AA connectivity. But I would not be surprised if ANA were to jump in.
shame it isn't Tampa, but I would fly that route. Sick of TPA not doing enough to get some of these ultra long haul routes while MIA/MCO get most of the work in Florida.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
There was a rumour some months ago that ANA had secured a Tokyo - Barcelona flight, but with all the recent events I think this is not going to happen...
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: NH, DL, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by flyer081900
If I had a wish list of routes for ANA, the routes listed below would be on my list. I am based in the US, but I go out of the way to fly ANA because of their amazingly consistent producut.

HND to ORD

HND or NRT to AMS, AKL, ATL, CNX, CPT, DOH, DPS, DXB, IST, JNB, SYD

Any reasons these are good/not so good choices? Other routes worth mentioning?
I started this post in 2014 and lost my password. HND to ORD/SYD is happening these days. I still would like to see NH would fly their own metal to a hub in the Middle East, IST (when the new airport is open) and ADD. On the US side, I am still hoping for NRT to ATL. The only news I have heard so far about new routes is more Europe.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
ANA to Russia

Daily flights to Moscow and Vladivostok coming soon (“as early as FY19”) according to Nikkei.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Com...omic-ties-warm
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Having done 5 Moscow trips is in the last 6 months, I'd say that July and August could do with more capacity but. November and December don't seem suffer from a need of additonal capacity
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
To Maldives.

There are no Air Services Agreement between Japan and Maldives and hence why no direct flights and why no Japanese carriers are flying to Maldives.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:21 am

Joburg

This thread is about what you wish for... not about what ANA should do, correct?

So, JNB.
A TYO-JNB flight would really come in handy for us. Could 789 do it? It'd be the same distance as UA's SFO-SIN.
3x a week.
S.Africa is a tourism market for Japanese. Reportedly 27,500 visitors a year from Jpn (not much, but still something). And I believe SAA used to fly to Jpn.
Still, I would imagine the demand would be very low even for 3 flights a week. But I'd be happy if there was 20% chance of this coming to fruition within the next 5 years, as opposed to 0%.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Vienna is on my wishlist!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.