Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jackal
Dude. You. Have. No. Idea. What. You're. Missing.

BA F makes AS F look like coach. No, nevermind that. It makes it look like coach on an RJ. A US RJ.

Seriously, AS F is worse than World Traveller Plus. I walked through the World Traveller Plus cabin on boarding, thinking that it was Club World (business), and remarking to myself that it looked nice compared to AS F. Only later did I happen to stroll through the real Club World cabin (which has real flat beds!) did I realize (er, realise--I've got to remember where I am!) that I had been looking at WT+. Wow.

Pictures to be posted on Flickr, Facebook, and maybe linked here hopefully sooner rather than later. (Camera import got screwy, though, so I may have lost some of the pictures... )

You are comparing apples & oranges. DL Biz Elite long haul is far superior to their domestic F. I've flown both very recently as you know. BA long haul is a very nice experience though.

AS F is still superior to both DL F flight that I took.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by BOB W
You are comparing apples & oranges. DL Biz Elite long haul is far superior to their domestic F. I've flown both very recently as you know. BA long haul is a very nice experience though.

AS F is still superior to both DL F flight that I took.
So...I like oranges better than apples!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:21 am

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
Pictures to be posted on Flickr, Facebook, and maybe linked here hopefully sooner rather than later. (Camera import got screwy, though, so I may have lost some of the pictures... )
Hopefully you didn't lose too many. I hate it when my camera and computer don't cooperate.

I hope you're having a good time, technology aside!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wsucougarchick05
Hopefully you didn't lose too many. I hate it when my camera and computer don't cooperate.

I hope you're having a good time, technology aside!
Looks like I did lose maybe a quarter or so of my pics. Still have some good ones...but I picked this trip to start keeping track of tail numbers that I've flown on, and one of the pics that disappeared was the one I took of the registration plate next to the door upon exiting the first aircraft!

Arrived in LHR and had some distant relatives pick us up and host us that evening and the following morning. The four of us (us and them) visited Harrod's, after which we (after they left for an afternoon commitment) visited the British Museum. Flight out was at 9:30, so we took the tube to Heathrow at around 6:45 and spent an hour in the Concorde Room (mmm...Bob was right about the food!).

Did lose some of the pics from the museum, but I do have the [relatively] good ones of the Rosetta Stone left.

Just woke up in SIN...off to a couple of days of sightseeing here and then we're off to BKK!

(I promise not to turn this thread into my personal trip report thread for the next two months! )
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Dude. You. Have. No. Idea. What. You're. Missing.

BA F makes AS F look like coach. No, nevermind that. It makes it look like coach on an RJ. A US RJ.
Well... I am sitting in the AS BR in ANC currently and am very happy... it is the best lounge in Alaska AFAIK... so I can't complain... Its your own fault that you spoiled yourself and can no longer fly AS F

Seriously, AS F is worse than World Traveller Plus. I walked through the World Traveller Plus cabin on boarding, thinking that it was Club World (business), and remarking to myself that it looked nice compared to AS F. Only later did I happen to stroll through the real Club World cabin (which has real flat beds!) did I realize (er, realise--I've got to remember where I am!) that I had been looking at WT+. Wow.

Too bad you lost those photos... I recently washed my camera and it has yet to turn back on I did get the photos off before... but I couldn't take a picture of the Boeing Dreamlifter this morning when taking the Diamond Shuttle to ANC...

Sweet...
We could tip cows, then take a road trip to Missoula for Everclear
Uh, since I'd have to deal with beckoa, I'm not touching that one with a 1,448-mile pole...
Frankly I don't understand the comments about cows... we have lentils out there... I see more cows in KOA, OGG and LIH then PUW!

I am headed there today... so will be able to look for cows... the University does have a reproduction research facility for cows, I think that is the extent of cows in the region...
Old Sep 13, 2008, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
Too bad you lost those photos... I recently washed my camera and it has yet to turn back on I did get the photos off before... but I couldn't take a picture of the Boeing Dreamlifter this morning when taking the Diamond Shuttle to ANC...
It's still there? I took pics of it on Monday. Those survived the photo-import mess. Will post them for you sometime.

SEA_Tigger mentioned something (when I excitedly texted him that it was in ANC!) to me about a strike of sorts (my assumption is that it's the union of the people building the Dreamliner) and that the Dreamlifters would likely be out of operation for a bit until that's settled. Sounds like that's what's happening.

When I went over to take photos of it, I noticed that it said on the nose gear flaps that it was operated by Evergreen. Anyone know why that's there? I thought Boeing had their own pilots and operated it themselves. Bob W thought it might be because Evergreen might have clearance into some countries that Boeing wouldn't (like China or something).
Old Sep 14, 2008, 9:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
It's still there? I took pics of it on Monday. Those survived the photo-import mess. Will post them for you sometime.

SEA_Tigger mentioned something (when I excitedly texted him that it was in ANC!) to me about a strike of sorts (my assumption is that it's the union of the people building the Dreamliner) and that the Dreamlifters would likely be out of operation for a bit until that's settled. Sounds like that's what's happening.

When I went over to take photos of it, I noticed that it said on the nose gear flaps that it was operated by Evergreen. Anyone know why that's there? I thought Boeing had their own pilots and operated it themselves. Bob W thought it might be because Evergreen might have clearance into some countries that Boeing wouldn't (like China or something).
Evergreen Built it... all I know
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
Evergreen Built it... all I know
Evergreen built it?! I would think Boeing built it. I wasn't aware Evergreen was in the aircraft manufacturing business!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:40 pm

Evergreen built it?! I would think Boeing built it. I wasn't aware Evergreen was in the aircraft manufacturing business!
Well... Evergreen "subsidiaries" modified it

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The LCF conversion was partially designed by Boeing's Moscow bureau and Boeing Rocketdyne with the swing tail designed in partnership with Gamesa Aeronautica of Spain.[1] Modification is being carried out in Taiwan by Evergreen Aviation Technologies Corporation,[4] a joint venture of Evergreen Group's EVA Air and General Electric.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:12 am

Dinner Sept. 26

MCRT is coming to town on Sept. 26. We are meeting up for dinner anyone want to join us?
Old Sep 16, 2008, 2:42 am

MCRT is coming to town on Sept. 26. We are meeting up for dinner anyone want to join us?
Sounds like fun^
Old Sep 16, 2008, 4:13 pm

I'm looking forward to meeting up with people.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 6:32 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I noticed the dreamlifter here the other week then it was gone then it was back again. Im wondering if there is some kind of heavy maintenance going on to the 2 AWACS beside it and the dreamlifter keeps bringing in parts but if thats the case why wouldnt they do it on the AFB
Old Sep 16, 2008, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
I noticed the dreamlifter here the other week then it was gone then it was back again. Im wondering if there is some kind of heavy maintenance going on to the 2 AWACS beside it and the dreamlifter keeps bringing in parts but if thats the case why wouldnt they do it on the AFB
The Dreamlifter is gone today. I'm not sure why, but I have seen the AWACS planes at ANC many times over the years.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 7:56 pm

The Dreamlifter is gone today.
Hoping to get a better view of it...
I'm not sure why, but I have seen the AWACS planes at ANC many times over the years.
Not just AWACS, but lots of military a/c frequent ANC it seems in the East Corner...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.