FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Alaska Airlines Bored Room
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2008, 7:51 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
Too bad you lost those photos... I recently washed my camera and it has yet to turn back on I did get the photos off before... but I couldn't take a picture of the Boeing Dreamlifter this morning when taking the Diamond Shuttle to ANC...
It's still there? I took pics of it on Monday. Those survived the photo-import mess. Will post them for you sometime.

SEA_Tigger mentioned something (when I excitedly texted him that it was in ANC!) to me about a strike of sorts (my assumption is that it's the union of the people building the Dreamliner) and that the Dreamlifters would likely be out of operation for a bit until that's settled. Sounds like that's what's happening.

When I went over to take photos of it, I noticed that it said on the nose gear flaps that it was operated by Evergreen. Anyone know why that's there? I thought Boeing had their own pilots and operated it themselves. Bob W thought it might be because Evergreen might have clearance into some countries that Boeing wouldn't (like China or something).