Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Long for Partner Miles to Post?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
This is a new one for me. The BA flight I took from LHR to SEA last week has posted to my account, but the AS flight from SEA to PDX - same ticket - hasn't posted!

Last edited by TEDisgone; May 5, 2023 at 10:42 pm
Old May 5, 2023, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Originally Posted by davakkar
Thanks for your input, but this is incorrect. There are plenty of data points in this thread and elsewhere about receiving credit into Mileage Plan for flights that are wet leased by DE - including Wamos Air and Air Belgium.

My informative post, however, is pointing out the slowness of DE to send the credit back to AS.
Out of 4 flights in J class on Condor only one posted automatic *( 3 weeks later)
Seems they really dont want to give AS miles
leroix and minhaoxue like this.
Old May 7, 2023, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I believe Condor wet leased the Air Belgium aircraft so you are still flying on Condor. I took a Condor flight last January and waited 8 weeks before asking Alaska for help. On the 15th of this month, it will be 2 months since the request and still no credit. I will hit Alaska up again after the 15th.
Have you had much help from AS getting your condor miles?
Old May 7, 2023, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by boycruz
Have you had much help from AS getting your condor miles?
I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if they can push it to a resolution.
Old May 8, 2023, 4:28 pm

Hit and miss from my experience. I had SEA-CPT on Qatar in J last year. The outgoing flight posted within a week, the incoming flight took almost two months and I had to contact customer support.

KEEP YOUR PAPER TICKET UNTIL YOUR MILES POST.
leroix likes this.
Old May 11, 2023, 11:06 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
BA 286 SFO >> LHR - 125 ticket, A class posted in a week. Seems BA is consistent on a week posting if its BA marketed and BA/IB/AY operated. 250%EQM and 600% RDM with MVP 100k bonus.....

If i see any changes in posting.....i will post my return otherwise....i wont report BA anymore.
Old May 11, 2023, 5:18 pm

I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if they can push it to a resolution.
so an update. I was a little busy this week but got around to contacting Alaska today. I gave the customer care representative my reference number with a brief explanation. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes and then stated that since it had been 8 weeks since I reported, they would forward it to the mileage desk and they would manually put the missing miles into my account. About three hours later, I received an email stating the miles were credited. I confirmed the correct miles are now in my account. I don’t blame Alaska for this and believe Condor is the problem.
notquiteaff and ssk244 like this.
Old May 11, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
so an update. I was a little busy this week but got around to contacting Alaska today. I gave the customer care representative my reference number with a brief explanation. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes and then stated that since it had been 8 weeks since I reported, they would forward it to the mileage desk and they would manually put the missing miles into my account. About three hours later, I received an email stating the miles were credited. I confirmed the correct miles are now in my account. I don’t blame Alaska for this and believe Condor is the problem.
This is a great data point - thank you.

So 8 weeks from when you reported, which had to be at least 2 weeks from the flight, correct? In total, 10+ weeks to get credit?
Old May 11, 2023, 11:17 pm

This is a great data point - thank you.

So 8 weeks from when you reported, which had to be at least 2 weeks from the flight, correct? In total, 10+ weeks to get credit?
So I took the flight at the end of January and waited ~ 6 weeks to report to Alaska ( this would put it about second week of March). Alaska stated to wait 6-8 weeks to receive credit. So, when I called today, it was around 8 weeks. So it total ~ 3 months to get credit. Long time, yes but I really was not pushing it because it was at the beginning of the year.
Old May 12, 2023, 9:11 pm

I recently flew AA codeshare flights operated by CX and JL. All the flights posted correctly and within 24 hours of arrival.
Old May 23, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Additional (ongoing) DP: I'm ~6 weeks after flights on Condor and no credit yet. These were operated by Air Belgium, but purchased from (and originally operated by) DE.
Timeline & final outcome DPs:
12-Jan booked Condor (DE) in Business Class SEA-FRA
Mid-Feb: DE changed flights to Air Belgium (KF)-operated
Flights in late March, not posted to my AS MP account automatically
~2 weeks after flight (early April): Submitted electronic boarding pass images to AS, also submitted to DE via website/email for credit
... No responses ...
22-May: Contacted MVPG Customer Care via phone. Agent attempted to post but indicated that W fare class (~70% EQM/RDM) is all the system would allow for my ticket number. She said that since I purchased through Amex Travel, I obviously got a discount fare and that would mean I didn't get full points. I let her know that's incorrect and read off the Business Class fare buckets for DE; she tried J, D, and C without success, but when she tried I ("eye"), the miles posted. I refreshed my account online and mileage appeared. Within 2 hours, my EQM also updated, including status change to 75K.

So, in short, because DE receipts and boarding passes don't show a fare class, the system (and presumably the humans reviewing retro mileage credit requests) doesn't know how to post the partner mileage earnings. Even the AS website doesn't show fare classes for DE - it's the only partner where it just says "Business Class," "Premium Economy," and "Economy." I'd recommend submitting required documents 2 weeks after the flights and then following up via phone to Customer Care at exactly 6 weeks to explain. It sounds like they don't even need DE to confirm anything to post the mileage credit.

Also: Because DE wet leases so much, earnings should qualify for AS MP credit as long as the DE code is on the flight (and not LH or another carrier, as is often the case for connecting flights booked through DE.)
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 23, 2023, 11:35 pm

So, in short, because DE receipts and boarding passes don't show a fare class, the system (and presumably the humans reviewing retro mileage credit requests) doesn't know how to post the partner mileage earnings. Even the AS website doesn't show fare classes for DE - it's the only partner where it just says "Business Class," "Premium Economy," and "Economy."
The two times I have flown with Condor, I purchased my ticket directly through Condor. My last flight with them last January did not post but it was rectified in about 10 weeks. The receipt I submitted, did have a fare class on it, "C", and Alaska correctly posted the miles. I am guess since you went through a third party, this may be the issue.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
What’s people’s experience with FI (Icelandair) postings? Recently flew a round trip. The outbound posted about six or seven days after the flight, the return is still MIA (11 days).
Old Jun 13, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I had a DE roundtrip, 2 days separated inbound from outbound.

both posted at the same time, correct EQM and RMD (business class) within 3 days of final flight
Old Jun 13, 2023, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
What’s people’s experience with FI (Icelandair) postings? Recently flew a round trip. The outbound posted about six or seven days after the flight, the return is still MIA (11 days).
Ours posted fairly recently in a reasonable amount of time.
notquiteaff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.