Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30+ days for customer care response?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2023, 1:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Wow! Post on FlyerTalk and get a response the next day!

It sounds like my experience isn't too uncommon. I got a satisfactory response, with the interesting line "In First Class, you should receive a pre-departure drink of at least a boxed water." Discount code also included.
Can someone explain this to me? I've tried very hard to keep anonymous, even being reluctant to contact the hotel lurkers when they want info to pursue an issue.

How does Alaska "know" who you are from posting here? Does Flyertalk make public your name and e-mail, etc.?
Old Feb 14, 2023, 1:30 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Eujeanie;[url=tel:35011539
35011539[/url]]Can someone explain this to me? I've tried very hard to keep anonymous, even being reluctant to contact the hotel lurkers when they want info to pursue an issue.

How does Alaska "know" who you are from posting here? Does Flyertalk make public your name and e-mail, etc.?
I would credit it to coincidence. AS isnt browsing FT for such a purpose, though I do believe they read it.
beckoa and pcoll like this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Can someone explain this to me? I've tried very hard to keep anonymous, even being reluctant to contact the hotel lurkers when they want info to pursue an issue.

In the end, I think it's a coincidence, especially since the ~4 week turnaround time falls in line with what so many others have been reporting in this thread.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Eujeanie

Pre-snomagedden in November response times were within a week. Recently mine have been about a month.

And agree with others, the timing was just a coincidence.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 9:11 am

Programs: AS 100k, AA MM, HH Dia
Was quoted 2-3 weeks for a request to be reimbursed for a meal I shouldn't have been charged for.... coming up on 3 weeks with no response.
QT31415 and anteater like this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 9:40 am

Programs: Lots
Same delayed response for missing partner mileage requests. I submitted two in early-mid January and just received confirmation that the first one had been resolved early this week and nothing on the second. To be fair it does say allow 8 weeks for the miles to post but I don’t think I’ve ever had to wait more than a week (maybe two) in the past.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by IggySD
Same delayed response for missing partner mileage requests. I submitted two in early-mid January and just received confirmation that the first one had been resolved early this week and nothing on the second. To be fair it does say allow 8 weeks for the miles to post but I dont think Ive ever had to wait more than a week (maybe two) in the past.
At least for partner mileage requests they have the (poor) excuse that they need the help of a 3rd party. My Condor retro-request last year took many months to get addressed. But for simple issues entirely within the control of AS it is strange that it takes so long. Do they have such a large backlog of requests that they cant keep up with it? What are they doing about that?
leroix likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
My refund requests from the December storm are now well over a month--I would typically forward these issues to the Better Business Bureau although thankfully I've never had to do this with Alaska. I noticed another poster submitted a claim via the DOT....anyone know whether on organization would be preferable to another?
Old Feb 16, 2023, 12:18 am

Programs: SIA Kris Flyer Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
I had a flight cancelled on 12/26 and there was no way to get in touch with customer care (line just said to call back later...super helpful). We ended up renting a car and driving from PHX to SEA over two days. I sent them an email on January 13th requesting a full refund of my tickets, including partial miles, and reimbursement for 2 nights hotel room that it took us to get to WA. A week later got an email back saying I needed to email customer care and not refunds. I emailed customer care and received an auto-reply stating response time was 2-3 weeks. It's now been 4 weeks 😡 . I shouldn't have to chase them down. This is the second year in a row I've had to spend over $1000 extra to get to my destination when Alaska cancelled a flight. So close to cancelling my Alaska card and choosing a different preferred airline...so close. I did make a complaint via Twitter last week and received a response to DM them. I just got around to doing that and we'll see what happens.

Last edited by EileenCat; Feb 16, 2023 at 12:20 am Reason: Left out information
Old Feb 16, 2023, 5:20 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
My refund requests from the December storm are now well over a month--I would typically forward these issues to the Better Business Bureau although thankfully I've never had to do this with Alaska. I noticed another poster submitted a claim via the DOT....anyone know whether on organization would be preferable to another?
I believe the Better Business Bureau is pretty meaningless, has no authority, and I doubt very much that airlines care what type of grade they have with them. Sounds like you have sent complaints to them before though so maybe it did have some effect? DOT has some authority, and requires the airlines to reply, however for a refund issue, depending on the amount and how old the charge is, I would just contest with my credit card company (and Im not one to go that route often, have only ever had to do it twice, but at a certain point in time I consider a company not refunding my money the equivalent of theft.)
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
《snip》 Do they have such a large backlog of requests that they cant keep up with it? What are they doing about that?
I think AS does have that large of a backlog. However it probably pails in comparison to WN's
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
BBB is a private membership organization. Other than companies not wanting a bad score issued by a private membership organization that does tend to affect public perception, the BBB complaint has no teeth. That said, sometimes a company will respond in a productive manner to a complaint.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
BBB is a private membership organization. Other than companies not wanting a bad score issued by a private membership organization that does tend to affect public perception, the BBB complaint has no teeth. That said, sometimes a company will respond in a productive manner to a complaint.
My last interaction with a BBB complaint was a refund for the Hilton Gold food and beverage credit that I didn't get and they responded with my refund and 10,000 Hilton Honors points so a relatively successful (and faster) resolution.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
My last interaction with a BBB complaint was a refund for the Hilton Gold food and beverage credit that I didn't get and they responded with my refund and 10,000 Hilton Honors points so a relatively successful (and faster) resolution.
I've also had a successful BBB complaint (local unethical business). Nothing wrong with BBB complaints. But if you want government teeth with the results, BBB is not the preferred method.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Does anyone check the airlines BBB rating before booking a flight?

I think a BBB rating might have some impact on local businesses, but for a multi billion dollar business like AS the DoT as a regulator of airlines would be my choice if my complaint to the business itself is not getting a reasonable response.
Seattle123 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.