Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Am I safe in assuming that SEA-EWR is (one of, if not) the toughest upgrade to clear in the system?

Given the recent UA changes, I'm strongly considering fully defecting as I'd comfortably clear MVP Gold on distance alone, or 75K if I occasionally bought up to F with the EQM bonus.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
Why would a mixed AS/AA itinerary from YUL (Montreal)>>BOI be available on certain dates with miles (on AS website) but show nada when searching revenue tix?

AA website allows both award & revenue tix but AS only allows award tix (and not many of those).

Example: Oct. 3, 2023.
Please check your PM.

James
philemer and SamirD like this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I'm flying JFK-SFO right now and I've flown enough miles to get MVPG! I know nothing happens until after the flight but I am celebrating anyway.

Tonight I am on the redeye back to JFK. How long will it take for the miles to post and my status to update? I'm fully expecting to be a lowly MVP tonight, not that it especially makes a difference in the exit row on a Saver fare, and not to mention that I'll be asleep anyway

-J.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I'm flying JFK-SFO right now and I've flown enough miles to get MVPG! I know nothing happens until after the flight but I am celebrating anyway.

Tonight I am on the redeye back to JFK. How long will it take for the miles to post and my status to update? I'm fully expecting to be a lowly MVP tonight, not that it especially makes a difference in the exit row on a Saver fare, and not to mention that I'll be asleep anyway
To answer my own question: apparently, pretty quickly. When I went to check a can of beer home a few minutes ago, it showed MVPG and I got the priority tag accordingly (though also a box).

-J.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:50 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Does anyone know how long it takes for 75K bonus 50K miles to post? Mrs achieved 75K over a week ago but still hasn't seen anything. I wonder if this is due to the lower requalification requirement for MVP Gold (20K by 30 April) that triggered this issue? She's earned 101K and the website says 75K but no bonus 50K miles upon qualification.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by richh1833
Does anyone know how long it takes for 75K bonus 50K miles to post? Mrs achieved 75K over a week ago but still hasn't seen anything. I wonder if this is due to the lower requalification requirement for MVP Gold (20K by 30 April) that triggered this issue? She's earned 101K and the website says 75K but no bonus 50K miles upon qualification.
How many EQMs are shown on the elite status counter?

Did she take any flights subject to bonus EQMs (eg CA flights, PAE flights)?

If she earned 75K without any bonus EQMs, she should receive the 75K perk of 50K RDM; and she can contact AS to have them manually post it.

If she hasn’t earned 75K without the help of bonus EQMs, per the T&Cs, she will not receive those 50K RDM.

🤙🏻🍹
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: AS 75K
My bonus RDM miles and other items have always posted pretty much instantly so if it's been a week I'd say something is wrong of she's actually short due to "light" EQMs. I should cross 75K in the next couple days and will share my experience but, of course, that doesn't do you much good now.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL
For a ticket booked with AA for DOH-ORD-SEA with DOH-ORD on Qatar metal with AA flight number and ORD-SEA on AA metal/flight number - will I get any credit for this while depositing on Alaska, especially the long haul part DOH-ORD? (I am a lowly MVP) I would have preferred to book direct with Qatar, but its somehow pricing cheaper with AA stock.

EDIT: I found this page https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-american - looks like I will earn miles on the Qatar flight based on AA's chart on this page.
SamirD and Flying for Fun like this.

Last edited by krdvg; Nov 13, 2022 at 12:23 pm
Old Nov 13, 2022, 4:59 pm
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Thanks both. She's definitely hit it given that she's at 115k EQM and she's only take perhaps 2500 EQM out of CA which would still put her well above 75K EQM.

Will double check her activity and send an email through to mileage plan.

Thanks
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:05 pm

Thanks both. She's definitely hit it given that she's at 115k EQM and she's only take perhaps 2500 EQM out of CA which would still put her well above 75K EQM.

Will double check her activity and send an email through to mileage plan.

Thanks
If she has 115K EQM, her status should be 100K too. I’d have AS look at that as well.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by anteater
If she has 115K EQM, her status should be 100K too. I’d have AS look at that as well.
Only if she has 24 AS segments, 12 for 75K.

James
SamirD and anteater like this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun;[url=tel:34755941
34755941[/url]]Only if she has 24 AS segments, 12 for 75K.

James
anteater brain no working today.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
I'm. on a J class BA last leg LHR to LAX on a LAX-LHR-IST-LHR-LAX ticket, I am continuing on to LAS on a separate ticket. I will have a few hours in LAX. Do I lose my international OWE lounge status? Better to clear immigration later, etc?
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by tobikosan
I'm. on a J class BA last leg LHR to LAX on a LAX-LHR-IST-LHR-LAX ticket, I am continuing on to LAS on a separate ticket. I will have a few hours in LAX. Do I lose my international OWE lounge status? Better to clear immigration later, etc?
Why would you lose your lounge access?
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tobikosan
Is your flight to LAS also on a OW carrier (you don't explicitly say)? As long as you have a same day, onward boarding pass with a OW carrier, you should have access. If you booked the LAS on a non-OW carrier though, then you would not.

Regards
tobikosan and SamirD like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.