Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Originally Posted by gaobest
Flying AS main (Y) in premium in April. I paid with a non-AS credit card. Then after purchase I saw a AS card offer so I signed up.
1. does the free bag apply to our flights even if I used a non-AS card? 2 bags each way for our 3-person party is $30 per bag each way or $120 so the $75 AF is valuable.
2. Does Premium include any free food? Or just free booze?
3. How is the Main (Y) food for sale? Worth the cost or should I buy and bring airport food?

In the past we flew paid F on AS. This trip is to Washington DC where our entire flight for 3 people costs the same as a one-way Business segment on UA. Even on AS the J cost is about $1000-1700 each way. Thus all these Qs about flying premium main.
1. I believe so, but maybe someone else can confirm who's done it

2. Free booze only, no additional food

3. It's okay. Note that any of the larger items like the fruit & cheese plate or the sandwich require preorder from the app at least 20 hours prior to departure. Personally I prefer bringing food from the terminal if I'm in Y.
gaobest and SamirD like this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Alaska is at terminal B at BOS with no Alaska lounge and no connector gateway to another terminal?
samosa and SamirD like this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by vanillabean
Alaska is at terminal B at BOS with no Alaska lounge and no connector gateway to another terminal?
Alaska's presence at BOS isn't nearly large enough to justify an Alaska Lounge
​​​​
There is an Admirals Club in B if you have a Lounge+ membership.

B, C, and E terminals are connected airside.
SamirD, vanillabean and joachimm like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
BOS is probably one of the worst airports I have flown AS out from.

the flight leaves from a forgotten corner of the airport, and I recalled there was not even TSA precheck lane to enter that part of airport- have to do those dumb card holding thing so that they know you have precheck status.

this is from many yrs ago. I dont know if things have improved since. but I cant imagine an AS lounge will ever exist there.
SamirD, be_rettSEA and Alexsth2011 like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by gnomey

the flight leaves from a forgotten corner of the airport, and I recalled there was not even TSA precheck lane to enter that part of airport- have to do those dumb card holding thing so that they know you have precheck status.

this is from many yrs ago. I dont know if things have improved since. but I cant imagine an AS lounge will ever exist there.
That was back when AS flew out of the C40-42 which was indeed a forgotten corner of the airport with no precheck and very few amenities.
They currently use B35A and B36 which are connected to the rest of B including the AA lounge, plus there's the new B-C connector nearby to get to terminal C.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by remyjette
Alaska's presence at BOS isn't nearly large enough to justify an Alaska Lounge
​​​​
There is an Admirals Club in B if you have a Lounge+ membership.

B, C, and E terminals are connected airside.
Agreed 100%. The AC is about as far away from the AS gates as you can get. Possibly worth a trip if you arrive early to the airport (which probably won't happen because of Boston traffic & BOS construction).

Originally Posted by gnomey

The AS gates are in a newly renovated end of Terminal B North. Not forgotten, but definitely remote.

We have Precheck and now even Clear, they just close Clear at 6PM and Pre closes at 8PM on the AS side (North) and 7 on AA side (South).

It would be great if AS could move over to the AA side closer to the AC. Seems like it might be just large enough to not easily be able to do this and yet too small for an AS Lounge.

A Chase Lounge is coming at some point which will be very close to AS gates, between B and C in the connector. I'm sure it will be a madhouse.
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by remyjette
They currently use B35A and B36 which are connected to the rest of B including the AA lounge, plus there's the new B-C connector nearby to get to terminal C.
I made it from B35A down the pleasant B-C connector to The Lounge BOS by C19.and back to B36. Thank you. To top it off, once my connecting flight was near the runway, Air Force One was just to our right taking off.
SamirD and SeaLuggageLover like this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium (LT Silver), UA Silver
Is there a reason Alaska would clear non-revenues off the standby list before revenue passengers? I was flying standby earlier this week from PDX-SEA, got the gate agents to add me to the standby list an hour before boarding, and waited in the boarding area. I was #1 on the standby list, with around 30 people after me, most if not all of whom I assume were non-revenue as many were wearing Alaska or even Delta uniforms. 20 minutes later the gate agent cleared #2 through #30 on the list into all the open seats in first class and aisle / window seats in premium class, before finally clearing me last into a middle seat. This was my first time flying standby on Alaska (got MVP via a status challenge) and this felt unintuitive to me; this wasn't crew being cleared into jump seats - these were people wearing Delta uniforms, down on like #8 on the list, being cleared into first class seats before me, at #1. Is there a reason they don't go in order of the list? I've flown standby with other carriers like AA and UA and the only time I've seen them jump the list is for jump seats. Not a huge deal for a 30 minute flight, but I'm curious why.
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 10:52 pm

Quick Q, for first class meals:

1) does Alaska offer a diabetic option (I cannot find recent threads on this the last I saw was from ~2014 and the answer was no)

2) assuming not, is there information about the nutritional content, esp carbohydrates, for the meals available anywhere?

Thanks!
SamirD and RaingerRain like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 9:34 am

I credit mile earned from Singapore flight to my Alaska mileage account. It has been a week now, but not see the mile earned is posted. Does nyone know how long it take for the mile earned to deposit into my account.
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by mtxing
Is there a reason Alaska would clear non-revenues off the standby list before revenue passengers? I was flying standby earlier this week from PDX-SEA, got the gate agents to add me to the standby list an hour before boarding, and waited in the boarding area. I was #1 on the standby list, with around 30 people after me, most if not all of whom I assume were non-revenue as many were wearing Alaska or even Delta uniforms. 20 minutes later the gate agent cleared #2 through #30 on the list into all the open seats in first class and aisle / window seats in premium class, before finally clearing me last into a middle seat. This was my first time flying standby on Alaska (got MVP via a status challenge) and this felt unintuitive to me; this wasn't crew being cleared into jump seats - these were people wearing Delta uniforms, down on like #8 on the list, being cleared into first class seats before me, at #1. Is there a reason they don't go in order of the list? I've flown standby with other carriers like AA and UA and the only time I've seen them jump the list is for jump seats. Not a huge deal for a 30 minute flight, but I'm curious why.
this is called one of the many problems with Alaska Airlines
just like people are reporting that they don’t even follow there own upgrade list
Alaska Airlines is full of problems in my view and I’m starting to question my loyalty with them currently as a gold100k
by the way couldn’t hurt to call customer care and complain, maybe get some comp

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I credit mile earned from Singapore flight to my Alaska mileage account. It has been a week now, but not see the mile earned is posted. Does nyone know how long it take for the mile earned to deposit into my account.
some partners takes a while
couldn’t hurt to call customer care though
they could push it though
but they might tell you to wait a little while longer
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
I believe it’s typically 2-3 weeks.
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 10:22 pm

Update: The mile earned is posted in my Alaska mileage account today .
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Update: The mile earned is posted in my Alaska mileage account today .
Thank you for the data point! I need to check on a flight from November it seems...
Old Dec 8, 2022, 7:53 am

Not sure where to ask this, but how close to departure can you cancel a reservation and have the credit be put in your wallet?
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.