Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

$500 AS Gift Certificate for $449.99 at Costco (And They're Back)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$500 AS Gift Certificate for $449.99 at Costco (And They're Back)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:45 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
How long does it usually take? I have to become a Costco member, too first, I presume?
yes, Costco membership needed for purchase. It doesn’t necessarily have to be yours. Member can purchase gift certificate and send you certificate number and PIN. Usually arrives in email within 24 hours. When I purchased one on a Saturday night, took until Monday to appear inbox.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
How long does it usually take? I have to become a Costco member, too first, I presume?
yes - it's a member-only deal at Costco. They won't even show you the price unless you're logged in. I think you can become a costco member pretty quickly, but the purchase says to expect the cert from AS in 1 business day. I think I received my last one in a day or so, and I just bought another last night that hasn't come in yet.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 4:06 pm
Community Director Emerita

The first time I bought a cert, I got notice shortly after and got the cert number the following day. A few weeks ago, I bought more. I got the notice as before but this time I got the cert number within a few hours. This is totally a hypothesis but I wonder if it was faster the second time as I used the same credit card. They knew it wasn't a stolen number.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 7:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I got one not long ago, arrived within an hour. Purchased on a Mastercard to meet the signup bonus.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:26 pm

Anyone know if you can use these on a YYC to KOA route, when the first leg YYC to SEA is on Horizon? But you purchase it all on Alaska’s site as round trip.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Bennybear
Anyone know if you can use these on a YYC to KOA route, when the first leg YYC to SEA is on Horizon? But you purchase it all on Alaska’s site as round trip.
Yes, you can.
Old May 16, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Costco Certificates for Alaska Air

I see Costco is offering $500 certificates on Alaska Air for $449.99. Looks like a good deal since there is no expiration and you just deposit them into My Wallet. They're good on any fare class, but "Certificates can not be used towards premium upgrades." Anybody know what this means? I'm not sure if it means you can't pay the upfare difference to move into premium class or if it would prevent you from applying a Gold Guest Upgrade when you purchased a qualifying fare with U space available. Any insight would be appreciated.
Old May 16, 2021, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pipeliner
I see Costco is offering $500 certificates on Alaska Air for $449.99. Looks like a good deal since there is no expiration and you just deposit them into My Wallet. They're good on any fare class, but "Certificates can not be used towards premium upgrades." Anybody know what this means? I'm not sure if it means you can't pay the upfare difference to move into premium class or if it would prevent you from applying a Gold Guest Upgrade when you purchased a qualifying fare with U space available. Any insight would be appreciated.
I am more of a WinCo guy myself

Last edited by dayone; May 16, 2021 at 8:20 pm Reason: Redact redundant reference after merge.
Old May 16, 2021, 8:09 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by pipeliner
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
There is an existing thread about this somewhere that may be helpful...I am more of a WinCo guy myself
The funds can only be used to book air travel. You can then pay (separately, with a different form of payment) for any service fees, seat upgrades, etc. It will not prevent you from applying a GGU with a qualifying purchased fare.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by dayone; May 16, 2021 at 8:20 pm Reason: Redact redundant reference and link after merge.
Old May 16, 2021, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
The funds can only be used to book air travel. You can then pay (separately, with a different form of payment) for any service fees, seat upgrades, etc. It will not prevent you from applying a GGU with a qualifying purchased fare.

Hope that helps!
Thanks!
Old May 16, 2021, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by vanillabean
I got one not long ago, arrived within an hour. Purchased on a Mastercard to meet the signup bonus.
Since Costco only accepts Visa, pretty sure you used it to meet sign up bonus on a Visa Card. Easy mistake.
Old May 16, 2021, 9:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by pcoll
Since Costco only accepts Visa, pretty sure you used it to meet sign up bonus on a Visa Card. Easy mistake.
actually costco.com accepts MasterCard

Source: Costco.com: https://customerservice.costco.com/a...d-at-costco%3F
Old May 16, 2021, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Yes people get caught up all the time, in store only visa - online very different.
Sky Dreamer likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by richiezc
actually costco.com accepts MasterCard

Source: Costco.com: https://customerservice.costco.com/a...d-at-costco%3F
good to know! Thank you for providing this information as this directly impacts those wanting to purchase AS Gift card from Costco.
Planning on doing this also for spend requirement for new card. Thanks.
Old May 24, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Can get 5% cash back on Wholesale Clubs through June 30th on Discover so can use this for your Costco Alaska Gift Card purchase this month.
Mahogany and Arsene Wenger like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.