Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call (2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call (2020)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Waiting for my trip to New Orleans to post, and I will be 75k for the first time
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bellerina
Miles from my BA F and J class tickets to Rome are now credited. MVP for 2020 and just checked the AS Calculator for the rest of my flights this year. Expected to be at 50,001 Partner EQMs after my flight home from PHX the first week of October.
Sadly, even with another Europe flight on BA, I'm not going to get anywhere close to 90,000 Partner EQMs by year end, especially since an upgrade to WTP is more than my F ticket was last month. Crazy prices.
If you are going to be in Europe there are some excellent BA F fares ex INV/MAN; SEA sub $1800 return and many other options. You can find them in the Premium Mileage Run thread.

James
Bellerina likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ctporter
I had a few DL flight earlier (only 2 I think) but now have to book something for later this month & to Mandan ND (Bismark) and in October to Kearney NB which will be a long drive Im afraid. Will see who flies closest and least expensive to each and what kind of seating I can get as a non-elite on other airlines.
I believe DL has that part of the country covered. If you have a big need to get to those secondary cities, you should build status on a national airline (DL, AA, UA). Good luck!
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by BW Flyer
I believe DL has that part of the country covered. If you have a big need to get to those secondary cities, you should build status on a national airline (DL, AA, UA). Good luck!
"national airline"? It seems odd to think that an airline that flies to Alaska, Hawaii, up and down the west coast, and to multiple destinations on the east coast would not be considered as a national airline. I am more used to hearing the term "legacy" to describe AA, DL, and UA. In any event, I booked DL (very spendy without status) for one of my trips and AS for the other.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ctporter
"national airline"? It seems odd to think that an airline that flies to Alaska, Hawaii, up and down the west coast, and to multiple destinations on the east coast would not be considered as a national airline. I am more used to hearing the term "legacy" to describe AA, DL, and UA. In any event, I booked DL (very spendy without status) for one of my trips and AS for the other.
AS is also a legacy carrier, as is HA. Legacy is defined as a carrier that had authority to fly inter-state prior to deregulation in 1978.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
If you are going to be in Europe there are some excellent BA F fares ex INV/MAN; SEA sub $1800 return and many other options. You can find them in the Premium Mileage Run thread.

James
Thanks James. I did check it out the other day, but given I don't have a lot of extra time on this trip, so trying to get to/from Inv/Man might be tight, plus I was only seeing March dates. Might take another look.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
75k hit this morning. Feels good to finally reach the top

It usually takes me all year to get to Gold, but some unexpected international trips and more travel for work put me way ahead of past years.

My travels are typically up and down the west coast, so I doubt I'll be able to reach 75k again via miles, but the 90 segments should be reachable.

Weird to have the rest of the year and not have to worry about anything
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by brentyb
75k hit this morning. Feels good to finally reach the top

My travels are typically up and down the west coast, so I doubt I'll be able to reach 75k again via miles, but the 90 segments should be reachable.

Weird to have the rest of the year and not have to worry about anything
It always amazes me how some Flyers reach status by segments. On the other end of the scale, you can reach MVPG with just 4 and 75K with 6.

With 500 EQM minimums, 90 sub 500 mile flights would get you there with 45K (as little as 8,280 flown miles in the Contiguous US) which a shuttle market would afford. I take my hat off to the puddle jumpers. I reached 93K on AS + Partners on 36 segments.

James
Visconti likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
It always amazes me how some Flyers reach status by segments. On the other end of the scale, you can reach MVPG with just 4 and 75K with 6.
This is an interesting exercise, but I think it's actually possible to get 75k with just 4 segments (SCL-LHR-SCL-LHR-SCL on BA F). I'd be curious if anybody can find an itinerary with less segments that would get 75k...

Last edited by PVDtoDEL; Sep 13, 2019 at 2:22 pm
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
This is an interesting exercise, but I think it's actually possible to get 75k with just 4 segments (SCL-LHR-SCL-LHR-SCL on BA F). I'd be curious if anybody can find an itinerary with less segments that would get 75k...
i have both SCL LHR and SYD LHR in A class next year and a few more HKG JFK in A class
Old Sep 14, 2019, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
A tad off in your calculations. SCL-LHR is 7227 miles. 2 round trips is 28,908 miles. BA discount First A class earns 100%+150% COS = 250% EQM. 2.5 × 28,908 = 72,270 EQM. Short of 75K but even shorter than the 90K requirement for AS+Partners. Even for full fare BA F, you would still be short; 3.0 × 28,908 = 86,724 EQM.

A fifth segment in A class would just surpass the target; 2.5 × 36,135 = 90,338 EQM.

In my example, the routing was LAX-LHR-JNB/CPT return. That is 22,900 miles on 4 segments. 2.5 × 22,900 = 57,250 which would qualify for the 50K reqirement for MVPG with AS+Partners. I too forgot about the 90K requirement so doing half that itinerary again would yield; 2.5 × 34,350 = 85,875 EQM. Still short of 75K qualification with 6 segments.

Your itinerary is certainly better than mine (fares and EQM cost per mile aside) but 4 still doesn't hit the target.

In order to attain 90K in four segments the flight distance for A class would need to be 9,000 miles and for F class 7,500 miles. Unless BA has a flight at least 7,500 miles long with an F cabin, attaining MVPG75K in four segments is not possible.

If anyone more familiar with the BA network knows of any flights >= 7,500 miles, please chime in.

James
Old Sep 14, 2019, 8:21 am

Ba16 syd lhr earns over 25k eqm in a class
Old Sep 14, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
Ba16 syd lhr earns over 25k eqm in a class
Yes, but that is two segments on a direct SYD-SIN-LHR routing. You would certainly attain MVPG with 53,360 EQM on a 4 flight return from either LHR or SYD but you would need 7 or 8 flight for 75K.

Interestingly, depending on origin, 90K would require either 7 or 8 flights on the route, since LHR-SIN(6765) is 2858 miles further than SIN-SYD(3907).
When starting in SYD, after the 7th flight, when you landed in SIN from LHR, you would have traveled 38,781 miles and earned 96,953 EQM and attained 75K. However, if you started in LHR, after the 7th flight, when you landed in SIN from SYD you would have only flown 35,923 miles earning 89,808 EQM, 192 EQM short of 75K qualification. That would require the 8th flight SIN-SYD to complete the requirements.

James

EDIT: Although 2 flights, a direct route with the same flight number would credit as origin/destination distance, not the sum of the two segments. In this instance, QF16 SYD-LHR is 10,573 miles, 99 miles fewer than SYD-SIN+SIN-LHR. The calculation for 7 or 8 flights depending on origin still holds true.

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Sep 14, 2019 at 11:07 am
Old Sep 14, 2019, 2:23 pm

Yes, but that is two segments on a direct SYD-SIN-LHR routing. You would certainly attain MVPG with 53,360 EQM on a 4 flight return from either LHR or SYD but you would need 7 or 8 flight for 75K.

Interestingly, depending on origin, 90K would require either 7 or 8 flights on the route, since LHR-SIN(6765) is 2858 miles further than SIN-SYD(3907).
When starting in SYD, after the 7th flight, when you landed in SIN from LHR, you would have traveled 38,781 miles and earned 96,953 EQM and attained 75K. However, if you started in LHR, after the 7th flight, when you landed in SIN from SYD you would have only flown 35,923 miles earning 89,808 EQM, 192 EQM short of 75K qualification. That would require the 8th flight SIN-SYD to complete the requirements.

James

EDIT: Although 2 flights, a direct route with the same flight number would credit as origin/destination distance, not the sum of the two segments. In this instance, QF16 SYD-LHR is 10,573 miles, 99 miles fewer than SYD-SIN+SIN-LHR. The calculation for 7 or 8 flights depending on origin still holds true.
it would post as 4 flights in the account.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
it would post as 4 flights in the account.
Aren't you tricky! Good one! It still wont make 75K with 4 takeoffs. When project sunrise comes to fruition we can revisit.....

I am impressed, nonetheless.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.