Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call (2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call (2020)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Finally crossed the 75k mark, by just 8 miles - LOL
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
After diverting more flights to DL this year, my AS BIS accrual has slowed down. I am at 57,498 starting September. Should still qualify for 75K this year
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by BW Flyer
After diverting more flights to DL this year, my AS BIS accrual has slowed down. I am at 57,498 starting September. Should still qualify for 75K this year
I had a few DL flight earlier (only 2 I think) but now have to book something for later this month & to Mandan ND (Bismark) and in October to Kearney NB which will be a long drive Im afraid. Will see who flies closest and least expensive to each and what kind of seating I can get as a non-elite on other airlines.

Last edited by ctporter; Sep 7, 2019 at 12:35 am Reason: fix typo
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ctporter
Finally crossed the 75k mark, by just 8 miles - LOL
I guess you aren't behind the "8" ball anymore! Congrats.

James
ctporter likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 1:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Cleared 90k (and then 100k) on August 22, flying JL BKK-HND-SFO.

Only 15k AS qualifying miles, but a bunch of premium cabin CX plus one each EK and JL.

Cleared 100k on AS two weeks before hitting UA 1K this year.
Visconti and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:41 am

Cleared with a recent QF SYD-SFO. Only about 10K AS (all transcons) with CX, JL, QF and KE mileage.

K - Both this and UA 1K? Dude, that is some serious flying!
Kacee and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
It is not as hard as you think. I am at 135k in my Alaska and project to hit aa exec platinum (I need to credit some QF J class to AA). Also have CX F ex HAN to credit to Alaska in Nov.

(I also hit star alliance gold too).
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: AA ExecPlatinum
Sounds like if you have a lot of Business and First intl travel that you can credit around to your domestic airlines of choice it’s relatively easy. Then again what domestic airline wouldn’t want someone spending that kind of money to have status on their airline?

I’m still grinding to get to MVP Gold....that regional jet setting life is quite a grind!
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:54 pm

I have almost zero domestic travel. I credit mostly QR UL MH and some AA (Y class with system wide upgrade). My total spending is less than 20k (all living expenses including airfare) in one year before adjusting the mileage I earn.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Visconti
K - Both this and UA 1K? Dude, that is some serious flying!
Originally Posted by pbd456
It is not as hard as you think. I am at 135k in my Alaska and project to hit aa exec platinum (I need to credit some QF J class to AA).
The question I've struggled with is whether it's better to credit to AS or a OW program that would get me OW Emerald. I looked at CX, but Diamond is impossible. BA Gold might be possible, but I find Avios next to worthless these days. With AA, 4-5 CX RTs would qualify for EXP, and that's somewhat tempting.

But the attraction of AS is the fantastic miles earning (over 50k per TPAC RT), plus the ability to redeem on JL and EK. And of course 75K benefits on AS for west coast and Hawaii travel. It still seems to me the best overall choice.
pbd456 and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
The question I've struggled with is whether it's better to credit to AS or a OW program that would get me OW Emerald. I looked at CX, but Diamond is impossible. BA Gold might be possible, but I find Avios next to worthless these days. With AA, 4-5 CX RTs would qualify for EXP, and that's somewhat tempting.

But the attraction of AS is the fantastic miles earning (over 50k per TPAC RT), plus the ability to redeem on JL and EK. And of course 75K benefits on AS for west coast and Hawaii travel. It still seems to me the best overall choice.
it is my last year with AA emerald. i have enough tickets book for AA emerald + AS 75k next year, but majority of what I have left for next year is like QF SYD LHR in A class and many CX and BA A class and LA J class. it would be a serious waste to credit those to AA. [only 2 sectors on UL and 2 sectors on QR A class]
given how hard it is to use AA SWU, I fail to see a strong reason to keep AA emerald. I may spend some money to get BA emerald. as one can get it cheaply.

BA avios is useful for short haul.... but my family has too much (even my 5 year niece has been BA emerald for years), also my parents. we are just struggle to burn the points.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by splatkid10
I’m still grinding to get to MVP Gold....that regional jet setting life is quite a grind!
I feel your pain, all of my miles (including my MM status) are on domestic flights, with many many many of them on the Q.
At least now some of those flights are now an E175 (tomorrows flight SEA to BOI is an example) Lots of SEA PDX, SEA EAT, SEA PSC, SEA BZN, SEA BIL, SEA BOI, & SEA STS that I can recall off the top of my head.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
it is my last year with AA emerald. i have enough tickets book for AA emerald + AS 75k next year, but majority of what I have left for next year is like QF SYD LHR in A class and many CX and BA A class and LA J class. it would be a serious waste to credit those to AA. [only 2 sectors on UL and 2 sectors on QR A class]
given how hard it is to use AA SWU, I fail to see a strong reason to keep AA emerald. I may spend some money to get BA emerald. as one can get it cheaply.

BA avios is useful for short haul.... but my family has too much (even my 5 year niece has been BA emerald for years), also my parents. we are just struggle to burn the points.
I was debating on allocating OW flights to AA for ExPlat, but decided against it for reasons similar to yours and their lack of direct flights from SFO to SE Asia, specifically HK. Of course, had I known in advance that Hyatt Globs would have been granted the ExPlat fast track, I may have made a difference choice.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti
I was debating on allocating OW flights to AA for ExPlat, but decided against it for reasons similar to yours and their lack of direct flights from SFO to SE Asia, specifically HK. Of course, had I known in advance that Hyatt Globs would have been granted the ExPlat fast track, I may have made a difference choice.
my father is telling me that i shouldnt be so cheap and i should be doing mileage run on UL/MH for BA gold. i will see if i can fit any deal in my schedule.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Miles from my BA F and J class tickets to Rome are now credited. MVP for 2020 and just checked the AS Calculator for the rest of my flights this year. Expected to be at 50,001 Partner EQMs after my flight home from PHX the first week of October.
Sadly, even with another Europe flight on BA, I'm not going to get anywhere close to 90,000 Partner EQMs by year end, especially since an upgrade to WTP is more than my F ticket was last month. Crazy prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.