Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call (2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call (2020)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, LH, Marriott Titanium, National Executive Elite
After two years of MVPG 75K I only made it to MVPG for 2020. Contributing factors were change in role at work resulting in fewer TATL segments and change in location to have BNA now be my primary thus limiting AS earnings. (Also major rage for BNA-LHR on BA being expensive af compared to other routes to LHR!)

Lessons I learned in 2019:
The Bad:
- my perception of AS F service scored lowest out of the last three years, flying F isn't special anymore other than having more space (no consistency in service, poor recognition of 75K (because 75K itself now is vastly more common than it used to be the economy is good, people are flying more), TBH I felt more appreciated in Delta F as non-frequent flier than in AS as 75K
- AS F meals and desserts IMHO don't measure up to the competition
- LATAM miles take forever to post, had to manually request after 60 days
- companion fare and upgrade restrictions make that benefit useless to me, plus it's now also offered by other airlines

The Good:
- less flying is actually better; I now value time at home over time away (still stayed at hotels for 91 nights in 2019)
- paying outright for F on both domestic personal and business travel is the new normal, I don't have to fly Economy, so I don't
- I do appreciate the F snack basket containing beef jerky
- AS webpage rocks for booking award travel
- AS bonus miles earned on most international long haul business class are amazing (especially on BA)
- AS business award travel is reasonably priced (in comparison LOL @ 400k miles for TATL business class on Delta )

Being BNA based now makes it unlikely that I will keep accumulating AS miles, now I am just paying the lowest F/J fare I can find for wherever I need to go, and I will happily keep using AS miles for partner awards till my current ~360k balance runs out.

Thanks AS, it was fun while it lasted!

-
Old Jan 4, 2020, 5:34 am

Just bumped to 75K after my end of year flight posted. This will be my first year of any Alaska status. I barely took any Alaska flights before 2018, when I was primarily a UA flyer (glad those days are mostly over). Any AS veterans have some wisdom they’d like to impart upon an AS noob? Much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.