Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:59 pm

Speaking of EWR-SEA, AS seems to have removed the 6AM flight, AS31 if I recall (I always get it confused with gate A30 where it left from). I took it often and it was usually full. I'd finish my night's sleep in air and get a full day's worth of work in Seattle. Now the earliest they have is 7AM from JFK (moved back from 7:35). Unfortunately, I live much further from JFK and the morning rush hour kicks in already, too.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by nycred
Speaking of EWR-SEA, AS seems to have removed the 6AM flight, AS31 if I recall (I always get it confused with gate A30 where it left from). I took it often and it was usually full. I'd finish my night's sleep in air and get a full day's worth of work in Seattle. Now the earliest they have is 7AM from JFK (moved back from 7:35). Unfortunately, I live much further from JFK and the morning rush hour kicks in already, too.
Looks like for direct morning flights its just a 9:00am, flight 791.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Flying on an AA-issued award including an AS operated segment with my wife (AS MVP).

The ticket initially had our AA numbers in the record. I called AS to get exit row seats and the agent added my AS MVPG number into the record (but not my wife’s MVP #).

The AS site/app now shows us waitlisted for F (nice... didn’t expect that).

Question: I assume we are low priority on the wait list, but is there any advantage to have my wife’s AS number (and AS status) added, or is my higher AS status covering both of us in terms of priority?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: MVP Gold, Elevate Gold, True Blue, Mileage Plus, AADV, SPG, TSA Pre✓
AS Boeing F class legroom.

I haven't used this website since VX 1948/24 APR so I'm rusty.
OK, I have started trying out AS Boeing Aircraft in 2019 since AS putting them on some of my routes I fly. I'm Mileage Plan Gold 59K in 2018.
I was never able to use my 4 Guest UPG on any of the former VX Airbus, so I figured I'd book some 2019 flights in 2018 and use them.
AS has replaced the SFO-MCO Airbus with a Boeing. I flew it last night AS 905F17JAN, N263AK, I'm hoping that was the old 36 inch seat pitch because when I sit on the window, the Aisle Psgr has to get up for me to get up on this 6 hour flight.

According this this, It hasn't been updated to 41 inches, am I right? As to the Airbus, AS keeps taking the bells and whistles off, in fact, RED is now a Blue Hi There.
You can't order on the screen, it's that DAMN Cart and the Snacks for short haul SFO-SAN are the same whether it be F or Premium.
Lousy barkTHINS (Dark Chocolate Pretzel with Sea Salt), or Back to Nature Crispy Cheddar Crackers. #VXforever
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Texas2SFO
AS has replaced the SFO-MCO Airbus with a Boeing. I flew it last night AS 905F17JAN, N263AK, I'm hoping that was the old 36 inch seat pitch because when I sit on the window, the Aisle Psgr has to get up for me to get up on this 6 hour flight.

According this this, It hasn't been updated to 41 inches, am I right?
I'm afraid that was the 41" pitch. All of the -800 and -900 are complete for pitch. It's the new seats that haven't been done yet for both of those aircraft types.

41" isn't a whole lot of space unless you're flexible or person in the aisle has small legs.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
What is going on with Cathay award availability? Virtually all flights to SYD/MEL/BNE are unavailable. Have to fly to CNS and buy a separate Qantas ticket for my trip to MEL.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:33 am

priotity order of upgrades

I am gold MVP
does traveling with a non elite flyer place me lower on the waitlist order than if I flew alone?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by writetorich
I am gold MVP
does traveling with a non elite flyer place me lower on the waitlist order than if I flew alone?
Policy says only MVPG+ can upgrade a companion on the same PNR. You as an MVP will not be eligible for an upgrade if you have a non-staus companion flying with you on the same reservation.

James
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by writetorich
I am gold MVP
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Policy says only MVPG+ can upgrade a companion on the same PNR. You as an MVP will not be eligible for an upgrade if you have a non-staus companion flying with you on the same reservation.

James
As a Gold, you can upgrade a companion traveling with you on the same reservation. You maintain your same upgrade priority based on your status/fare class/date of purchase as normal, but upgrades with a companion require open upgrade space for both of you or you'll be skipped over.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
You maintain your same upgrade priority based on your status/fare class/date of purchase as normal, but upgrades with a companion require open upgrade space for both of you or you'll be skipped over.
I am curious about this - I've heard reports of being split up and one upgraded, and then others of being passed over as a party. Does the upgrader pause if a party of 2 is able to be upgraded but only one U space is available? And if so, does it just sit there until a second U comes up or some deadline hits?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by williwaw
I am curious about this - I've heard reports of being split up and one upgraded, and then others of being passed over as a party. Does the upgrader pause if a party of 2 is able to be upgraded but only one U space is available? And if so, does it just sit there until a second U comes up or some deadline hits?
I have observed two possibilities that can happen:
1. If the flight is NOT under gate control, the upgrade processor will simply skip the party of two and move on to the next party of 1. The person who is skipped will remain in the 1st position.
2. If the flight is under gate control, the gate agent will either split the party OR skip the party. I have had both happen to me.
Flying for Fun and williwaw like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sturges
I have observed two possibilities that can happen:
1. If the flight is NOT under gate control, the upgrade processor will simply skip the party of two and move on to the next party of 1. The person who is skipped will remain in the 1st position.
2. If the flight is under gate control, the gate agent will either split the party OR skip the party. I have had both happen to me.
Agreed, you will be skipped before gate control. If there are still remaining F seats once it is under gate control U space is irrelavent. I always check with the GA if I am near the Top of the waitlist and let him/her know we are okay being split up. I give the upgrade to my partner.

James
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:52 pm

Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:11 pm

This might be too technical but will the processor jump back to a skipped pair IF 2 U show up?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by williwaw
This might be too technical but will the processor jump back to a skipped pair IF 2 U show up?
The pair will still be at the top of the list, so yes.
williwaw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.