Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:12 pm

Does anyone know if there is a list or reference of AA/AS domestic codeshares? Just curious.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:04 am

Upgrade question

Hello FT. I booked a multi-segment flight earlier this month as a regular Mileage Plan member. I had previously put in a status match, which has now gone through to MVPG75. The online booking has not moved me to Premium class as of 5 days until flight time. Is this something I need to call to address. All fares are T and R class.

Regards,
Nathan
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by hendrixnk75
Hello FT. I booked a multi-segment flight earlier this month as a regular Mileage Plan member. I had previously put in a status match, which has now gone through to MVPG75. The online booking has not moved me to Premium class as of 5 days until flight time. Is this something I need to call to address. All fares are T and R class.

Regards,
Nathan
Your flight is in 5 days? You should be able to move yourself (assuming its just you or you and a companion.)
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by hendrixnk75

Regards,
Nathan
While your account status may be updated, it may not have been pushed down to your reservations yet. Do you see "First Class Waitlisted" in your flight details like below? If not, there's a good chance your reservation still has no status. I'd give AS a call for help. Removing and re-adding your MP# should help.
spamman808 and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Good afternoon all, I'm looking to soon book a partner award through the Mileage Plan for my wife and I. We have separate accounts and would be potentially each booking an award ticket (for the same flight of course). As of now my wife has not taken/added my last name, but plans to do so later this year, but we are looking to book sooner. She already has an account and the credit card under her maiden name. Will we need to update both before booking, or would Alaska go ahead and book the award ticket on a partner airline with her name as it will appear on the passport when we go to take the flight?

Alternatively, would it just make more sense for me to book the 2 tickets through my account and just get her ticketed with the name as it will appear on the updated passport?

Also, would Alaska's phone reps let me book a ticket by phone on her behalf or would she need to be on the call with me?

Thanks for clarifying this point for me.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
As far as I can tell, you can book a ticket under any name you want. You just have to be sure her ID matches the booked ticket info. She doesn’t need to be present if you book by phone. I’ve booked many tickets for our sons both online and over the phone while they were away at school.
Sinter likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
String of bad luck tonight

1. First and only one on the upgrade list not upgraded. Transcon on legacy-VX A/C too. First time not upgraded on this route.
2. ETOPS meaning ViaSat meaning no free WiFi.
3. Getting one of the only few "new" A320s on my way back.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Does anyone have recent experience with crediting Japan Airlines flights to Mileage Pan? How long does it usually take for the miles to show up?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:11 pm

Does anyone know if A) the VX fleet all have streaming IFE now? Specifically AS1334 B) what is currently loaded/will be loaded for Feb?
Before I go and pay to rent from Apple, curious to know if there is anything current offered for free.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by sinecure
Does anyone know if A) the VX fleet all have streaming IFE now? Specifically AS1334 B) what is currently loaded/will be loaded for Feb?
Before I go and pay to rent from Apple, curious to know if there is anything current offered for free.
The pmVX planes now have the Alaska Beyond Entertainment loaded on the IFE units. You can find the current list of programs here. It might change tomorrow for Feb.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:16 pm

Flying soon and the seat map is showing exit row seats as premium class -- is that a new thing, specific to certain aircraft or just not accurate? I've thought exit row was just extra leg room seating on Alaska. Is it "true" "premium class" if the seat map says so? Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by godlovesugly
Flying soon and the seat map is showing exit row seats as premium class -- is that a new thing, specific to certain aircraft or just not accurate? I've thought exit row was just extra leg room seating on Alaska. Is it "true" "premium class" if the seat map says so? Thanks!
Exit rows are Premium only on the Airbuses that have yet to be reconfigured. VX sold them (and the economy bulkhead) as Main Cabin Select.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: DL
Is it possible to up-fare to a mileage upgrade-eligible fare after purchasing a ticket if upgrade space later becomes available? If so, is there a change fee to do this? Finally, if this is possible, on a companion fare would only the primary passenger have to up-fare? Thank you.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Protected on this all-AS trip?

In case of weather, or other delay, am I protected if I buy the 1st leg of a trip (say BOI-SEA) with AS miles and the 2nd leg (say SEA-ANC) with BA Avios? The trip would probably have < a 3 hr layover in SEA assuming no delays. Can the PNRs be combined by AS CS?

Last edited by philemer; Feb 2, 2019 at 6:01 pm
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by philemer
In case of weather, or other delay, am I protected if I buy the 1st leg of a trip (say BOI-SEA) with AS miles and the 2nd leg (say SEA-ANC) with BA Avios? The trip would probably have < a 3 hr layover in SEA assuming no delays. Can the PNRs be combined by AS CS?
1) I've heard of situations where GAs have taken pity on people "misconnecting" across separate tickets and reaccommodated them without fees, but you won't be protected in any official capacity and shouldn't expect to be.
2) Not that I'm aware of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.