Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Thats a $4300 ticket! ...and we are officially off topic
I'll let you know what my Honey Roasted Rosemary Chicken on AS 14 is like Wednesday.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:20 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note: A periodic reminder that this thread is a discussion of individual F menus and very specific comments about them. It is not a free-for-all about AS and/or F catering. Off-topic posts have been and will be deleted. Thanks.

dayone, AS Moderator.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Date: 13 Oct 2019
Route: JFK-SFO
Flight Number: AS657
Departure time: 1655
Menu: Yes
Meal description Dinner Braised Beef with Red Wine and Rosemary
Tender braised beef top blade served with rich mashed potatoes and celeriac, and roasted rainbow carrots. Topped with a rosemary cider demi sauce and garnished with micro greens.
Dessert: Salt & Straw Chocolate Gooey Brownie

Similar presentation as post #710

We were asked if we wanted to be served in courses or all at once. Service was excellent.

Snack basket about 1:30 prior to arrival.
pcoll likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
SJC-DAL F Lunch

West coast inspired, but snack sized. How much would it really cost AS to make this 50% bigger, and make it a real meal?

Braised Chicken Salad, that's what the FA said, but it was way to dry to be that.
Carfield likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: AS

October 17
SEA/ LAX
10:45am departure
catered 10/6 with sandwich being 10

described as warm smoked Gouda and turkey sandwich with chips,or Mediterranean salad with chicken.
we had one of each.
FA did the minimum required. No PDB.
Drink order served with meal as were cold nuts. Roll was cold. Sandwich was warm. Asked for water and sparkling wine. Given bottle of water and white wine in water glass.
no mints offered , 1 offer for drink refills.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 6:50 pm

Date: 10/18
Route: SFO-JFK
Flight Number: AS1024
Departure time: 1:20pm
Menu: no
Meal description (if given): lunch

PDB of sparkling wine, which was a nice surprise! Been a while since I've been offered that.

No menu card. FA provided verbal descriptions: "rosemary chicken with polenta and vegetables" or "mushroom ravioli." Looks like the same menu as post #717 .

No soup on this flight, so everything (bread, salad, entree) was served in a single course.

I got the ravioli. The carrots and broccolini served with the ravioli were steamed and flavorless, but dousing them in the parmesan-and-carrot puree helped a ton. I thought the ravioli filling was decent.

Ice cream served 1.5 hrs before landing.

Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
10/18
AS1302 SFO-MCO (07:05)
Menu ✅
Spinach & Squash Frittata or Breakfast Bowl with Kale.

No PDB. Chose the Frittata. Similar in appearance to post #706 above sans smoothie. Really wanted to like the service, but the lack of PDB and the clearing of glassware at 500 feet on final approach soured most everything.
pcoll likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
10/14 PHX-PDX 645p departure on a QX E175: choice of a salad or turkey burger. I went with the burger because I was absolutely starving and found it fairly decent, though it was mostly bread. The meat was good. FA brought nuts around before approach. The rear FA (is that the lead FA?), would not stop making PA announcements. Every 10-15 minutes, she'd say something on the PA. The credit card speech droned on for more than four minutes (I timed it!).

10/17 PDX-PHX 845a departure: choice of a frittata or the lunch protein plate with some yogurt added. I found that to be an odd mix. Yogurt, almonds, pita bread, cheese and chicken. Even the FA raised his eyebrows when he brought it out. Oh well, the cheese and chicken was good.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: AKAir 75K, BestWestern PE
Chicken Slime Sandwinch

Last few flights I have taken there was no chicken slime sandwich offered, its not gouda. Hopefully never to return.
cblaisd and Chicogirl like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by chillymac
Last few flights I have taken there was no chicken slime sandwich offered, its not gouda. Hopefully never to return.
Yes, I am doing SEA-SAN next Monday at 10:45AM so I expected this would be one of the offerings. Did they only offer the salad on flights without the sandwich option, or was there something different?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
Yes, I am doing SEA-SAN next Monday at 10:45AM so I expected this would be one of the offerings. Did they only offer the salad on flights without the sandwich option, or was there something different?
That’s not the current state over on SkyWest. They were offering the salad with chicken, or the turkey slime sandwich. That was last week on DAL-SAN.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
I am on the SEA-HNL Flight #893 Depart 8am on 11/2/19.
Food menu on the AS App to reserve food gives the following options:

Spinach and Parmesan Kabocha Frittata
Cage free eggs and tangy Greek yogurt whisked together and baked into a savory frittata with sauteed spinach, roast Kabocha pumpkin, and Parmesan. Served with chicken sausage, roasted red potatoes, and a sage sumac dressing. This dish can be made vegetarian by holding the chicken sausage.

Fruit & Cheese Plate
It's an all-star cast for our Fruit & Cheese plate. Beecher's Flagship cheese, Tillamook sharp cheddar and brie, Partners crackers, and finished with a Seattle Chocolate truffle.

Marinated Kale Breakfast Bowl
Poached cage-free egg nestled on top of roasted tri-color potatoes and marinated Tuscan Kale. Served with bacon crumbles, and garnished with diced avocado and feta cheese. This dish can be made vegetarian by holding the bacon crumbles.

I'm trying to decide between the frittata and the kale bowl. I know there was some debate on the kale bowl. I love a poached egg, but I'm not egg-cited about the kale.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
10/22
AS1305 MCO-SFO (16:30)
Squash Enchilada or Beef Blade with mashed potatoes.

No PBD. Just adequate service. Orders taken before departure instead of PBD. Time for another write up. Pre-ordered the squash enchiladas. Very flavorful and surprisingly good (squash looked like mush, but had good texture). Everything came on one tray, including my Bourbon!? That was the a first. Felt like a service let down in that format, especially for a 5.5 hour flight.

I even ate the beet microgreens... Still tasted a hint of dirt. Blech.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:19 pm

please report this. It's a 5.5 hour flight. The meal is supposed to be served in courses and you are NEVER supposed to get your first drink on your tray.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
please report this. It's a 5.5 hour flight. The meal is supposed to be served in courses and you are NEVER supposed to get your first drink on your tray.
And add the lack of PDB as a data point to the other two as well.

Lazy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.