Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by osubeavers01
AS 347 OMA to PDX on 10/29
choice of turkey burger or some kind of salad with pumpkin seeds

That right there needs to be sent to Alaska Listens... or tweet at them. What a disaster from catering.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Any opinions on these two choices? I saw upthread where someone said the chicken was tasty. We are inclined to order one of each unless someone found one of them particularly offensive.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
Any opinions on these two choices? I saw upthread where someone said the chicken was tasty. We are inclined to order one of each unless someone found one of them particularly offensive.
I wonder if that ravioli is the same as the snack portion I was served on a SFO-BOS red-eye earlier this year. If so, it was tasty. I think about it every time I’m served that ersatz ½ sandwich and chips
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by bon mot
I wonder if that ravioli is the same as the snack portion I was served on a SFO-BOS red-eye earlier this year. If so, it was tasty. I think about it every time I’m served that ersatz ½ sandwich and chips
I think we’ll go for one of each in that case.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Date: Oct 28
Route: SEA-SNA
Flight Number: 502
Departure Time: 9:55 AM
Menu: No
Meal Description: Lunch
A/C: B738

While the Flight Details said this would be a lunch flight, catering loaded the standard breakfast items (Sous Vide Egg Bites with potatoes and grapes or the Protein Plate). No PDB, but we were running late so they were trying to get us out ASAP.

============

Date: Nov 04
Route: SNA-SEA
Flight Number: 527
Departure Time: 7:40 AM
Meal Description: Breakfast
A/C: B738

New month, new entrees?

PDB of Orange Juice or Coffee.

The hot entree was a Turkey sausage and fried egg sandwich on an artisan roll. The roll had a solid outer crust, but this made it a bit hard to eat as the egg and sausage patties would slide out a bit. Served with a white sauce (mayonnaise?) along with grapes and two apple slices.

Alaska Airlines November 2019 Breakfast Hot Option

The cold entree was granola and blueberries with vanilla yogurt with some type of condiment in a plastic container. Looked like blackberry jam, perhaps?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I had the turkey burger last night ONT-SEA. I thought it was pretty tasty with ketchup. It could have used a little more salt.
It was piping hot, but not dried out. It would be great to have some hot sauce to spice things up.

Not a fan of the potato chips. Prefer more mainstream kinds - lays, ruffles, tim's.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: AS MVP
Date: Nov 2
Route: LAX_ORD
Flight Number: 1232
Departure Time: 11:40 AM
Meal Description: Lunch
A/C: A320

Flight was staffed with senior LAX-based FAs ... operating a LAX-ORD-LAX turn. The FA working F was very nice, but no PDB was offered (and she had plenty of opportunity to do so) and it took a painfully long time to get the drinks out once airborne. After that, everything came in a nice cadence.

Warm nuts were served with the drinks.

Choice of raviolli or chicken with rosemary. The chicken was outstanding ... every element of the dish was very, very good.

Cookie served about an hour before landing for desert.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I had the exact same meal again yesterday on the exact same route, but with no PDB, awful service, and with an overcooked and dried out, yet not very warm, entree.

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
HNL/SFO - another lovely flight with PDB and dinner served properly, in courses.

Soup y Salad. Much better white wine this month.

Mushroom chicken. So so. Fancier menu name than the app order name.

Sustainable organic "West Coast" vibe ingredients, as you can see.

Not much more to say. Those ingredients can bend metal!
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Woah uri geller doesn"t fly private?
tusphotog and williwaw like this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by Bellerina
Thanks Williwaw. That was sounding nicer to me anyways, glad someone confirmed it. Ordering it now.
Update. I did have the bibimbap and I thought it was tasty. Egg was more hard boiled, but still good.
williwaw likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
what was the verdict on the chicken? I have the same options for my upcoming flight
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by ASA_1
what was the verdict on the chicken? I have the same options for my upcoming flight
It is coming up this weekend. I’ll let you know.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by ASA_1
As I reviewed up thread, it was excellent!
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
AS 750 SEA to ATL on 11/12
This redeye flight offered a half sandwich (turkey and Gouda) with potato chips. I appreciated that the flight attendant was very quick to serve the meal, once in the air, and efficiently cleared trays as people finished, allowing us to maximize sleeping time

Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by Bellerina
Update. I did have the bibimbap and I thought it was tasty. Egg was more hard boiled, but still good.
The egg has always been hard for me - probably no easy way to really deal with that on a plane. Glad to hear there is another bibimbap fan!
be_rettSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.