Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G

A slight change to this thread for 2019. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:

2019...Here we come!!! May the food fight begin
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:01 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note: The mods periodically receive requests to limit this thread to food-only posts and/or limit the off-topic discussion. History has taught us that a food-only thread would require too much editing. Members see a food post and many want to comment.

On the other hand, we can try to limit off-topic discussion. This thread is one of the most read and commented on each year. Staying on-topic keeps it manageable and increases its value and utility.

A few off-topic posts have been deleted to help start us off on the right foot. Please try to post and comment only on the food served in AS F. Thanks for your cooperation.

dayone, AS Moderator
Seat 2A and williwaw like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Date: 1/1/19
Route: DFW-PDX
Flight Number: 655
Departure time: 15:10
Menu: No
Meal description: lunch; baked cod.

This was really quite good. I chose the cod over the veg pasta option. Entree was served as a second course, separately.
Crew was great.
We had water bottles handed to us at the end of boarding.

The carrots were curried. Yum!
Dessert was a chocolate chip cookie, which the F/A offered as a snicker doodle..... ok...

Last edited by Legend717; Jan 1, 2019 at 8:08 pm
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
the rice looks tasty.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Legend717
Date: 1/1/19
Route: DFW-PDX
Flight Number: 655
Meal description: lunch; baked cod.

This was really quite good. I chose the cod over the veg pasta option. Entree was served as a second course, separately.
Crew was great.
We had water bottles handed to us at the end of boarding.

Dessert was a chocolate chip cookie, which the F/A offered as a snicker doodle..... ok...
It's supposed to be a snickerdoodle. All of the paperwork would have said snickerdoodle. Odds are catering just gave them the wrong cookies

Last edited by dayone; Jan 2, 2019 at 3:44 pm Reason: Remove images in quote.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by lalala
the rice looks tasty.
It was, it definitely was.
I must say that I was really quite impressed. I would have PREFERRED a more luxurious dessert, if I must complain. But as for the actual meal itself, from bread (and hey! They even catered butter this time!) to salad to entree, I was really very pleased with both quality AND quantity.
Alaska needs to keep up this good work; I was flying on an MVPG elite upgrade, but it made me reconsider whether I'd be willing to actually pay for AS F.

Originally Posted by AS737
It's supposed to be a snickerdoodle. All of the paperwork would have said snickerdoodle. Odds are catering just gave them the wrong cookies
I figured it was something like this.
I'd had a snickerdoodle on the outbound, PDX-DAL leg, and while it could have been good, it was actually undercooked, and had raw cookie dough in the middle.
Being a big fan of cookie dough, I wasn't particularly upset...!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:26 pm

Date: 1/2/2019
Route: BOS-SFO
Flight Number: 1357
Departure time: 7:25pm, but delayed to 8:58pm
Menu: Yes
Meal description: Dinner

Water bottle at the seat upon boarding, but no PDB. At take-off: hot towel, menu, beverage, and warm nuts. Entree options were roasted cod or veggie spinach bolognese ravioli.

This was the first Airbus flight I've taken where I was able to pre-order a meal, and the FA noted my order. Starter + main dish came out at the same time (salad, bread, and entree -- they did not serve the soup listed on the menu).

After the meal service, the FA asked who wanted ice cream. I was served cinnamon snickerdoodle in a Salt & Straw-branded cup. The passenger sitting next to me remarked that they forgot the ice cream on his last flight; the FA agreed that catering has been inconsistent recently.

Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
[…]
Are those cooked grapes? I have never seen those, ever. How were they?

Last edited by dayone; Jan 5, 2019 at 1:22 am Reason: Redact quote and images for readability.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Various

Originally Posted by BOB W
Are those cooked grapes? I have never seen those, ever. How were they?
The menu started in December. Looks like they forgot to put the yogurt sauce on it, or it wasnt catered.

They are roasted grapes (on the Cod entree). Interesting add of texture, with a burst of sweetness.

Last edited by Robt760; Jan 4, 2019 at 3:04 am
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Robt760

The menu started in December. Looks like they forgot to put the yogurt sauce on it, or it wasnt catered.

They are roasted grapes (on the Cod entree). Interesting add of texture, with a burst of seeetness.
I had no yogurt sauce on mine, either. Seems like several things on AS's menu are figments of someone's imagination.

To answer the grape question, yeah, they were nice, and added something to the dish.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Date: 1/4/19
Route: ORD-PDX
Flight Number: 687
Meal description: Lunch- Roasted Cod with Cucumber Yogurt. Seared Alaskan cod seasoned with coriander and cumin, with a savory saffron basmati rice pilaf and cinnamon-paprika roasted carrots. Served with roasted red grapes and a cucumber-garlic yogurt sauce.
*Preordered 14 days in advance

I asked for the cucumber yogurt sauce to be left off and this didn't seem to cause too much trouble. The result was a very tasty lunch. The highlight of the flight was an incredibly delicious snickerdoodle cookie.

Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
1-4-19, SEA-LAX
Departure ~11am

Choice of:
-Protein Plate or
-Turkey Burger

Ran out of Protein Plate so I was stuck with the Turkey Burger. Bland but not gross.

Also no PDB offered.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by BOB W
A slight change to this thread for 2019. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:

2019...Here we come!!! May the food fight begin
January 4, 2019
MKE to SEA AS #175
6:40 pm departure
Roasted cod with cucumber yogurt for me
Spinach Bolagnese ravioli for the kid
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
1-4-19, SEA-LAX
Departure ~11am

Choice of:
-Protein Plate or
-Turkey Burger

Ran out of Protein Plate so I was stuck with the Turkey Burger. Bland but not gross.

Also no PDB offered.
I'm actually a big fan of the turkey burger. I agree that it's a little bland, but mine at least had good tomatoes and some guac to moisten things up a bit. Plus chips and the raw cookie dough snicker doodle I mentioned upthread!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
the raw cookie dough snicker doodle I mentioned upthread!
Mine yesterday was "raw" as well. I just assumed this was intended as it was so good...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.