Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Only AS has "art"isan Cutlery! Aren't FTers a little bit bent (twisted) anyways? It should bring harmony.

Has one ever snapped due to the "debendification" stress? (New word of the day!) Next time I get a bent utensil to enjoy my Kale extravaganza, I will know who to....... (fill in your choice here)

James
I can, and have when we moved from CA to TX and were waiting for our "real" cutlery, bought bendable steel "silverware" at the dollar store. It cost a lot less than F.

Since I am formerly East Bay, I can certainly sympathize.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Does anyone have recent experience on SFO-SEA / SEA-SFO on a dinner flight? I just flew Delta on this route and had a hot entree with salad and cookie. Does AS offer similar or is a choice of sandwich or salad?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Does anyone have recent experience on SFO-SEA / SEA-SFO on a dinner flight? I just flew Delta on this route and had a hot entree with salad and cookie. Does AS offer similar or is a choice of sandwich or salad?
I would plan on sandwich , protein plate or salad with beef or chicken strips on top. Not sure you will see a hot entree unless you get the “slime sandwich”.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by pcoll
I would plan on sandwich , protein plate or salad with beef or chicken strips on top. Not sure you will see a hot entree unless you get the “slime sandwich”.
Agreed. I had the beef salad a month ago and more slime sandwiches than I can count.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Date: September 27, 2019
Route: PDX-ANC
Flight Number: AS 241
Departure Time: 11:35 am
Meal/Snack: Luncheon
Menu: None
Meal/Snack Description:
Butternut Squash Enchilada Casserole or Sweet Soy Glazed Rockfish
Comments: I chose the rockfish. Big mistake. I didn't care for the flavor and I especially didn't care for the accompanying "starch" side of sliced apples which I initially mistook for potatoes. I probably could have choked it down had the dish included potatoes or rice but stewed apples? No way. I ate about half and washed the bad taste out of my mouth with another Woodford on the rocks.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Continental
I have an SFO-PAE roundtrip coming up in FC.
Outbound at 12:05 Lunch?
Return 3:00 Lunch or Dinner?
What can I expect?
No menu on the app.
Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by hockey7711
I have an SFO-PAE roundtrip coming up in FC.
Outbound at 12:05 Lunch?
Return 3:00 Lunch or Dinner?
What can I expect?
No menu on the app.
Thanks
Unless something has changed drastically with the new menus this quarter, choice of sandwich/salad or protein plate.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: Various
9/26 - LAX-PAE (regional jet) 7:50 PM in F = Sliced Beef over Greens (no roll) or Turkey Burger with Natural Potato Chips either came with nuts, drinks, small chocolate
9/28 - PDX-LAX (mainline AS) 4:00 PM in F = Turkey with Gouda, roasted pepper spread and banana peppers with chips or “Chicken Salad”. Either came with nuts, drinks, small chocolate
Old Sep 29, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: AS

Turkey Burger with Chips Reported as dry and lacking flavor

“Garden Salad” with chicken. Obviously, it is beef and salad was arugula and radicchio only, slice of acorn squash, grape tomato, parm shreds and pumpkin seeds. WARM multi grain roll with butter and Balsamic dressing.
SLC/SEA. Sept 28. AS 885. 1:35pm departure.
Choice of either turkey burger with chips or “garden” salad with chicken. We had one of each. Warm towel service, nuts with drink order. Chocolate on tray. Very good service considering it was 2 hour flight.

Last edited by pcoll; Oct 16, 2019 at 3:53 pm
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Date: September 27, 2019
Route: SEA-SAN
Flight Number: AS 1380
Departure Time: 5:53 am
Meal/Snack: Breakfast
Meal/Snack Description: Sous Vide Egg Bites or Protein Plate
Comments: I had the Sous Vide Egg Bites since Starbuck's are tasty enough. These were larger and oddly enough, the "scorched" one tasted better than the non. Potatoes lacked seasoning even though they looked seasoned. Also a bit greasy. Added a bit more salt and they were fine. Offered a choice of orange juice or water as the PDB. Pumpkin Spice smoothie.

Sous Vide Egg Bites with Potatoes and Grapes

Last edited by SEA_Tigger; Sep 30, 2019 at 11:26 am
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Date: September 29, 2019
Route: SAN-SEA
Flight Number: AS 199
Departure Time: 7:30 pm
Meal/Snack: Dinner
Meal/Snack Description: Turkey Burger or Steak Salad
Comments: I had the turkey burger and found it fine, however the patty only filled about two-thirds of the bun (fortunately the cheese covered the remainder). Thought the bun was pretty decent. Did not bother with the chips as I had a Panini and Chips at SAN about 90 mins before departure. Water bottles only PDB. Warm nuts were served before the meal with drink. Have to say the First Class FA was brilliant in terms of friendly and attentive service.

Turkey Burger with Chips
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
AS 1090 SFO-IAD 940am departure. Instead of breakfast, turkey sandwiches with chips were served. Mainly bread, and not filling.

I asked about the frittata I had preordered. The FA said the oven was broken and, despite the crew’s attempts to get a replacement since yesterday, AS hasn’t replaced the oven. She said the same thing happened earlier this month and her captain has been complaining to “high ups”, and they are frustrated. Prior to the door closing, there were loud and heated convos with the ground crew presumably on this topic.

Since they knew this was an issue prior to boarding, it would have been nice if they had let us know so we could have purchased breakfast elsewhere.

Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Not only was the kale bowl tasty, she ran out by Row 2 (as many had already ordered it in advance).
I'm actually on an upcoming flight with the Kale bowl and after looking at the list of ingredients on the app, I realize I like every single thing in that bowl (particularly the egg, avocado, and bacon) with the exception of the kale. I'm assuming I can't ask the FA to leave off the kale since it's probably already pre-plated, but is it reasonable to assume that you could easily pick around the kale or does the flavor/amount of kale affect everything else in the bowl?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'm actually on an upcoming flight with the Kale bowl and after looking at the list of ingredients on the app, I realize I like every single thing in that bowl (particularly the egg, avocado, and bacon) with the exception of the kale. I'm assuming I can't ask the FA to leave off the kale since it's probably already pre-plated, but is it reasonable to assume that you could easily pick around the kale or does the flavor/amount of kale affect everything else in the bowl?
It won't be like picking peas out of the fried rice! Although if your fork has the proper pitch (not necessarily the one with which it arrives), it may aid your KRAP*

*Kale Removal Avoidance Program
AS Flyer, NoLaGent, pcoll and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
It won't be like picking peas out of the fried rice! Although if your fork has the proper pitch (not necessarily the one with which it arrives), it may aid your KRAP*

*Kale Removal Avoidance Program
Lol....thanks for the tip! Too bad we can't replace the kale with extra BACON!
Eastbay1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.