Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by williwaw
The egg has always been hard for me - probably no easy way to really deal with that on a plane. Glad to hear there is another bibimbap fan!
Lol....I don't think I had ever seen that word ("bibimbap") until I saw it on Flyertalk
williwaw and Bellerina like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Lol....I don't think I had ever seen that word ("bibimbap") until I saw it on Flyertalk
Get out more?
Bellerina likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS
You can Frequent Korean restaurants or make friends with a Korean Graduate student. This is how we discovered Bibimbap and many more wonderful dishes !
Bellerina likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Menu card offered.

Choice between a squash and tortilla thing OR a some cut type of beef called a top notch/top tier or something on mashed potatoes served with colorful carrots.

The beef was tender. The sauce was nice. Not too salty. I also enjoyed the mashed potatoes and carrots.

Soup was served as I like it, hot.

Hit the spot for me. One of the better in-flight dinner meals of late.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
Menu card offered.

Choice between a squash and tortilla thing OR a some cut type of beef called a top notch/top tier or something on mashed potatoes served with colorful carrots.

The beef was tender. The sauce was nice. Not too salty. I also enjoyed the mashed potatoes and carrots.

Date & route?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
Menu card offered.

Choice between a squash and tortilla thing OR a some cut type of beef called a top notch on mashed potatoes served with colorful carrots.

How about Top Blade ? 😂
Old Nov 15, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
AS 1469 BNA to SEA on 11/15

They ran out of the butternut squash casserole by the time they got to my row, but the flight attendant obligingly left the mushroom sauce off the soy-glazed roasted chicken option for me, so that worked. Desert was a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie

jjmadison likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Breakfast on this morning's 0935 SFO-EWR. Menu cards were offered. Never offered the opportunity to order in the app the last 5 days, but ended up with what would have been my choice anyway.

Old Nov 16, 2019, 11:01 pm

Dinner on tonight's 1905 EWR-SFO with 9/16 occupied in F. Went for the very tasty enchilada casserole and would readily order it again. Great attentive service throughout the 6 hour flight.

Old Nov 17, 2019, 1:01 pm

Got a similar dish on MCO - SFO last week and it was terrible and tasteless.

Last edited by dayone; Nov 17, 2019 at 2:08 pm Reason: Redacted quoted image for readability.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by ASA_1
what was the verdict on the chicken? I have the same options for my upcoming flight
It was absolutely delicious. Not kidding. The sauce was sublime, the polenta perfect and the Brussels sprouts just beautiful. I love Brussels sprouts and these were really, really good but I do question the wisdom of serving them in an airplane meal for 2 reasons. 1) most people are not fans, and 2) it is an enclosed metal tube and they are, well, Brussels sprouts. It was easy to tell which meal the guy behind us had after an hour or two.
sltlyamusd and NoLaGent like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
Date: Nov 18
Route: PDX-DAL
Flight Number: 3344 (OO/SkyWest)
Departure Time: 5:10PM
Menu: No
Meal Description: Dinner
A/C: E175

Dinner choices were the aforementioned Smoked Goad/Turkey sandwich, or a salad with "fire-roasted chicken". I had the latter, served with a decent roll. The chicken was tasty but I couldn't tell that it had been "fire-roasted".

Warm nuts served earlier.

PDB was water only, nothing else offered. Though the service in general has been above average (i.e. attentive and I've gotten my Woodford on time!)
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
This hurts my soul! I forget that Korean food isn't always popular in other areas. Growing up about a mile from the Korea town in Santa Clara and having a number of Korean co-workers, I'm all about Korean food.

Truthfully there's hardly any asian food I won't eat and enjoy. Would love more asian dishes offered on AS. I find curries really good on planes as all that seasoning helps with the effects of cabin pressure and humidity on plane food.

And I agree with Williwaw that a soft boiled egg would be hard to nail down on a plane.
be_rettSEA and williwaw like this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
Got a similar dish on MCO - SFO last week and it was terrible and tasteless.
I'm back on EWR-SFO tonight, my last Alaska flight of the year, and ordered the same meal again (butternut squash enchilada casserole) as did the 75K passenger next to me. Must be an Orlando thing as our dishes came out hot and we both enjoyed them.

AS Flyer and sltlyamusd like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
AS 764 PDX - DCA on 11/19

No smoothie and no sage sumac dressing. Not sure if they weren’t catered or if they were just forgotten. Overall though, it was a decent meal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.