Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by beckoa
Not showing on my SEA-RDU flight next week
what day are you flying SEA-RDU? i may be on RDU-SEA on Monday or something else out of RDU at that time.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by quemalo
Mostly. I have it available on SEA-BOS segment, but not the return BOS-SEA, even though it's just over a week away.
Interesting. I have yet to see this feature on any flight. I've taken 8 transcons since 1/1/18. SEA-JFK in december and nothing. I depart SEA to ATL tomorrow and this also wasn't available.

What gives? I've been upgraded on all flights to F well before meal order cutoff. Is a passenger required to have paid F to use this feature?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by clarrkkent
Interesting. I have yet to see this feature on any flight. I've taken 8 transcons since 1/1/18. SEA-JFK in december and nothing. I depart SEA to ATL tomorrow and this also wasn't available.

What gives? I've been upgraded on all flights to F well before meal order cutoff. Is a passenger required to have paid F to use this feature?
My 75K upgrades came with ability to preorder.

I'm not sure if SEA-LIH was an original meal pre-order route or not but this was new from my past experiences. Stickers were affixed to the pre-orders so that FA didn't need to know to check their phone app for the pre-orders. OHh and Fruit and cheese was actually pre-plated

Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
SEA to DTW FA said we all had the ability to preorder but none had. I told her the option didn't show up for me. Some confusion about where and when to do it but I was following the screens from this forum. She thought you had to do it at check-in. I think SEA-DTW is just not in the system yet. SEA-MSY coming up so maybe on that one.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:01 pm

This is also a service on looong flights that are not redeye.

Overall a low % of AS' network, and a lot of FA's don't fly these routes. Perhaps they switched with someone, or were on call? If its not part of a daily routine and a new procedure, it can be surprising.
Exactly, it is a low percentage of total flights that even have a meal choice, and also only 1/4 of the flight attendants have a primary assignment to the forward cabin on most flights. So, it is not surprising that many flight attendants would be unfamiliar. It would be great to have a choice of meals on more flights. I certainly can't recall ever sitting in F and being asked if I prefer the medallions of veal or King Crab legs on a SEA-SFO flight.

Last edited by sltlyamusd; Feb 28, 2018 at 4:17 pm
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:17 pm

Still no preorder for AS765 BOS-SEA on 5th March, but AS12 SEA-BOS on the 2nd has had it for the full 2 weeks.

I'm in row 1 so I'll have my choice no matter what, but I was hoping to see what the options would be.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by quemalo
Still no preorder for AS765 BOS-SEA on 5th March, but AS12 SEA-BOS on the 2nd has had it for the full 2 weeks.

I'm in row 1 so I'll have my choice no matter what, but I was hoping to see what the options would be.
What would happen if the remaining 11 (or 15) passengers in F all pre-ordered? Would they still board two meal choices for the one remaining passenger who did not pre-order?

I realize that this is uncommon, as most flights have one-several last-minute upgrades in F, who can't pre-order.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:49 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
What would happen if the remaining 11 (or 15) passengers in F all pre-ordered? Would they still board two meal choices for the one remaining passenger who did not pre-order?

I realize that this is uncommon, as most flights have one-several last-minute upgrades in F, who can't pre-order.
My guess is no. I imagine they would cater the predominant item.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NWAlaskaFlyer
SEA-MSY coming up so maybe on that one.
Last report in the meals thread had this going back to midcon (a/k/a one-choice) catering. It was several months ago, so please report back.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CDKing
My 75K upgrades came with ability to preorder.

I'm not sure if SEA-LIH was an original meal pre-order route or not but this was new from my past experiences. Stickers were affixed to the pre-orders so that FA didn't need to know to check their phone app for the pre-orders. OHh and Fruit and cheese was actually pre-plated
Not just the standard plate- extra fruit too
Did you leave any leftovers?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by mbluecpa

Last report in the meals thread had this going back to midcon (a/k/a one-choice) catering. It was several months ago, so please report back.
this flight is nearly as long as a trans con - they are really racing to the bottom
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Not just the standard plate- extra fruit too
Did you leave any leftovers?
Standard breakfast fruit with the fruit and cheese as the main. Your post just answered my question about why the return does not show pre-order offer for the return. Luckily we are in bulkhead. Oh on the way over I did get the last beer on board. Sorry to the guy in the row behind after I finished off the Longboard and then I got the last Alaskan IPA
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
My BWI-SEA flight for next week has the option of pre-ordering the same two uninspiring meals they've been serving for four months. I'm glad the Mexican place just past the gate is now open for business.

Also noticed on my SEA-DCA outbound, I have the option a hearty breakfast or the fruit and cheese plate. Did they run out of granola? It seems weird to offer people who pay over what they should to sit up front such a wide range of options.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
My guess is no. I imagine they would cater the predominant item.
Don't they usually have at least one extra meal? What happens if an FA drops one?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Don't they usually have at least one extra meal? What happens if an FA drops one?
Oh, they would say that carrying an extra meal would add to the weight of the plane and result in $1 million dollars a year in extra fuel. So, if the F/A drops the meal, be prepared to starve or scoop it up off the floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.