Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Put in an order for my SEA - DCA flight this weekend (pasta, as the chicken came with broccolini and olives); sorry I couldn't book the IAD return yet.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:25 am

Question on this for those who have used it - does it work on Android? I was just looking through my phone, and the Android app hasn't been updated since 9/18, I was wondering if that feature was hidden and then unlocked for these flights, or if its ios only for now.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Unhappy

Originally Posted by rm456
Question on this for those who have used it - does it work on Android? I was just looking through my phone, and the Android app hasn't been updated since 9/18, I was wondering if that feature was hidden and then unlocked for these flights, or if its ios only for now.
I noticed on Amazon that it says the Latest Developer Update was October 2. But it also says the newest version is 3.18.1, which I believe was the 9/18 update. Not sure what the discrepancy means. If you need to know soon you could contact AS: [email protected]

Note: the Unhappy emoji was a typo and I don't know how to get rid of it.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I look forward to choosing between a Cubano or a Cubano on shorter flights.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I noticed on Amazon that it says the Latest Developer Update was October 2. But it also says the newest version is 3.18.1, which I believe was the 9/18 update. Not sure what the discrepancy means. If you need to know soon you could contact AS: [email protected]

Note: the Unhappy emoji was a typo and I don't know how to get rid of it.
I updated my "android" app via amazon a few days ago. There was an update with stability issues- this was reissued a few days later.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My successful order (above) for tomorrow's flight was done via Android.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: AS
Pre-ordering main cabin meals?

I was on two AS flights recently and decided to use the app to pre-order meals on both flights. It didn’t seem to matter if you pre-ordered meals or not as the FAs just asked if you would like anything to purchase. My question is what happens when you pre-order but they run out of your meal by the time they get to your row?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by airjetoo
I was on two AS flights recently and decided to use the app to pre-order meals on both flights. It didn’t seem to matter if you pre-ordered meals or not as the FAs just asked if you would like anything to purchase. My question is what happens when you pre-order but they run out of your meal by the time they get to your row?

My experience has been different. Every time I've used the app to pre-order my coach meal, the FA has known in advance and has my choice listed on his/her manifest. The item (usually a cheese plate) has arrived with my name printed out on a clearly marked label.

When I've been upgraded to F, the FA typically will ask me if I want the meal I pre-ordered from coach or the meal that's being served in first.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Are you saying that they did not have the meal you preordered?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
It's more like the FAs didn't check the preorder list before setting out with the cart. They get to me and ask me what I would like. This is the usual experience for me, too. Maybe 25% of the time they know that I preordered something. Althought the meal has never had my name on it.

It's not an issue for my as I always get the fruit and cheese, but I'd be ticked if they ran out of my meal after I had preordered.

Last edited by finlandia; Oct 15, 2017 at 2:26 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
I updated my "android" app via amazon a few days ago. There was an update with stability issues- this was reissued a few days later.
Thanks. That make sense.

We are stuck in row 3 on what's scheduled to be an 800 on SEA-TPA early next year and will be delighted if we can pre-order our meal. I don't think Mr. Westcoaster would be pleased with cold cereal for breakfast on a transcon. Omelettes would be nice. Looking forward to using this new feature.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Are you saying that they did not have the meal you preordered?
No, but only because I picked the right row. I was in row 21 and I overheard about two rows back from me that they had run out of the sandwich.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
No, but only because I picked the right row. I was in row 21 and I overheard about two rows back from me that they had run out of the sandwich.
You were able to preorder meals in coach? I thought it was just F.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
You were able to preorder meals in coach? I thought it was just F.
It's been available in coach for some time. See "Reserve food for your next flight" in the link below:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ightExperience
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Wow, I had no idea. We've been in F most of our last flights, and when we're not we usually get the choice from the cart (always sit in the exit row so they haven't run out of anything yet) or bring our own on board.

Good to know.

Surprising it was rolled out to Y before F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.