Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
First experience with meal ordering went smoothly for me on PDX-EWR. The flight attendant stood up front and explained what was loaded for meals (12 hot, 4 cold) and apologized to row 3/4 for the possibility of not getting their choice. Then he praised the new ability to pre-order, and recommended everyone check it out. The lady next to me had never heard of it, so I showed her on the app where to find the menu. FA said 3 of the 16 passengers had used it.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Calculon
First experience with meal ordering went smoothly for me on PDX-EWR. The flight attendant stood up front and explained what was loaded for meals (12 hot, 4 cold) and apologized to row 3/4 for the possibility of not getting their choice. Then he praised the new ability to pre-order, and recommended everyone check it out. The lady next to me had never heard of it, so I showed her on the app where to find the menu. FA said 3 of the 16 passengers had used it.
Good for the F/A explaining it (and you as well to your fellow pax) ^
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
This thread reminded me to pre-order quiche and asparagus for our upcoming JFK-SEA flight. We'll be homeward bound after five nights in CKG via HU and no doubt ready for more than granola.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Fredd
This thread reminded me to pre-order quiche and asparagus for our upcoming JFK-SEA flight. We'll be homeward bound after five nights in CKG via HU and no doubt ready for more than granola.
Good news is they only load 4 granola so odds are even without pre-order you would be good.
Fredd likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing
Good news is they only load 4 granola so odds are even without pre-order you would be good.
We did get our quiche and asparagus. The FA asked us our preference and when we replied we'd pre-ordered it she looked at us blankly, as if she'd never heard of the idea.

Very nice flight with good service.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Fredd
We did get our quiche and asparagus. The FA asked us our preference and when we replied we'd pre-ordered it she looked at us blankly, as if she'd never heard of the idea.

Very nice flight with good service.
This gets more and more ridiculous. How can an airline run with, what seems like, a total unawareness by many of their F/A's of a somewhat new service they offer. I question now if these F/A's have even been trained on emergency procedures.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
This gets more and more ridiculous. How can an airline run with, what seems like, a total unawareness by many of their F/A's of a somewhat new service they offer. I question now if these F/A's have even been trained on emergency procedures.
You'd also think at some point, passengers would have told them on numerous flights they have pre-ordered the meal. Seems to be the best way to get the word around to these FAs. 🙄
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Totally off base. Service standards ≠ Safety standards. It would be the same as suggesting AS doesn't maintain its plane either before FA didn't read the pre-order announcement
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
This is also a service on looong flights that are not redeye.

Overall a low % of AS' network, and a lot of FA's don't fly these routes. Perhaps they switched with someone, or were on call? If its not part of a daily routine and a new procedure, it can be surprising.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:48 pm

After about 5 flights with preordering and blank looks, I had a first EWR to SEA on Tuesday evening when a flight attendant not only had heard about it but had saved a pasta for me in row 4.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
so, is this finally rolled out mostly system-wide for long flights? is that what i am interpreting here?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
so, is this finally rolled out mostly system-wide for long flights? is that what i am interpreting here?
Mostly. I have it available on SEA-BOS segment, but not the return BOS-SEA, even though it's just over a week away.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:48 pm

Not showing on my SEA-RDU flight next week
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Departed JFK-PDX with my meal reserved well in advance and confirmed on the app. FA said there was no record of my meal reservation. Lucky I got my first choice but really whats the point of this if it is hit and miss?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Departed JFK-PDX with my meal reserved well in advance and confirmed on the app. FA said there was no record of my meal reservation. Lucky I got my first choice but really whats the point of this if it is hit and miss?
I hope you have complained directly to AS. Obviously, they have not trained their F/A's on this service. We are flying in F with them in April SMF-OGG-SMF and if anyone thinks for a minute that I'm going to land up with granola and/or a fruit cheese plate they are going to get a big blowback from us after each of these ~6 hr flights. I'm e-mailing them now that they better train ALL of their F/A's on this service IMMEDIATELY. There is obviously something very wrong with their F/A training procedures that a large number of them are unaware of changes. How many other changes -be it service wise or safety wise- have not been communicated to their F/A's and signed off by each of them that the training (be it through a training bulletin they are required to acknowledged or actual training) has been completed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.