Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i'm not keeping score anymore but wasn't the DC metro routes supposed to be the 'beta' launch like 9+ months ago? so in exchange for 'patiently waiting' those 9+ months, AS has finally done what they said they'd do, and then added in the 3 FL markets.

so, an improvement yes, but a lot of work yet to do to get this 'fully deployed' the way that others have.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
No need for pre-ordering on midcons since there is currently no choice of meal. For right now, transcons are really the only flights with a choice of meal, apart from some of the short-haul breakfast flights.

To give credit where it's due, I like that Alaska is offering F pax the option to pre-select the fruit and cheese plate, free of charge!
So if they allow us to choose the fruit and cheese plate on midcons that would be a choice, no?

Have to add that they are not including the website for ordering meals -- just the app. Wonder why.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: AS
YEA!!!!!
Finally, option to get fruit and cheese gratis.
No more hoping FA in F is gracious and understanding. Yes, I have always had my CC out and smiled and hoped for the best. 50/50 having them decline my offer to pay.
Hoping all my complaints to Alaska Listens made a difference
As many of you already know, this is a big deal for me.
Now doing Happy Dance.
Side note, in AS SEA D gate lounge and noticing big improvement in offerings. Have not been in since July.
They have really upped their game in this lounge.
Color me happy.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
So if half the cabin pre-orders, will they still have 50/50 choices available for the rest?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Yay!

But none of the options in the test screen appeal to me. I want the Kauai Pasta Co. food on my transcons
And, I hope they rotate the menus more frequently than in the past!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
And, I hope they rotate the menus more frequently than in the past!
I'm ok with once a month, but don't like repeat options every 3 months.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:25 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by beckoa
I'm ok with once a month, but don't like repeat options every 3 months.
I'm OK with rotating the hits, like the bánh mě sandwich. Of course, there is no agreement on what's a hit.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by pcoll
YEA!!!!!
No more hoping FA in F is gracious and understanding. Yes, I have always had my CC out and smiled and hoped for the best. 50/50 having them decline my offer to pay.
Now doing Happy Dance.
Side note, in AS SEA D gate lounge and noticing big improvement in offerings. Have not been in since July.
Color me happy.
Blog confirms no charge! But does this only apply to preorders, just the preorder routes, or back to all routes?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dayone
I'm OK with rotating the hits, like the bánh mě sandwich. Of course, there is no agreement on what's a hit.
As voted on FT

That is a solid option as a snack.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
This new service is a definite improvement! if this service rolls out schedule-wide, we don't have to worry about running out of choice of food if you seat in row 3 or 4. Kudos to AS!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
YEA!!!!!
Now doing Happy Dance.
Color me happy.
Is the free option from coach limited to the fruit and cheese plate or are the snack boxes included? The last time I flew in F with my kids they of course decline the meal and I ordered them kid's snack packs and paid for both.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Great to see this added coming from the experience with AA FC meal ordering.

AA hasn't used this to load additional options, but it likely did change the catering % for the entree choices based on pre-orders. I can't tell if AS is just taking the fruit plate "from the back" and marking it for FC passengers and using a FC plate or actually packaging it for FC. This is a big deal if it is the latter because it could conceivable offer more options. I think this would be a good differentiator for AS longer term, but except for the fancy Asian carriers -- I haven't see this thought process for pre-orders.

I'm going to add an obvious comment, I wouldn't mind this information showing up even on mid-cons without choice. I wish they have picked a few routes that are non trans-con, but that is okay, next phase.

Rasheed
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Is the free option from coach limited to the fruit and cheese plate or are the snack boxes included? The last time I flew in F with my kids they of course decline the meal and I ordered them kid's snack packs and paid for both.
The FA offered the kid's snack pack immediately at no charge.

I wish they would get a consistent policy and enforce it.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Looks nice... still only transcons, and only some of them for now.
I would really hope this gets extended to mid-cons sometime. I am sick of eating the same thing out and back every week during the month.

I am getting more variety on VX in MCS!
Hmmm really? Because I didn't even get dessert on my SEA-SFO flight in VX F.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by fly747first
Hmmm really? Because I didn't even get dessert on my SEA-SFO flight in VX F.
They passed the Dean and Deluca basket for my recent VX F flight, LAX-SEA, after a small salad with chicken that was reasonably tasty. Included chocolate and caramel popcorn. Seemed pretty dessert-y to me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.