Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tattikat2
Date, Location, Day of week, Time of Day and method of access for denial.

Please include if you are actually flying Alaska that day, or some other airline, so we can see if the BR is giving preference to AS flyers

3/10/17 SEA D AL 4pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/12/17 SEA N & A AL 6pm Sunday PP denied
2/18/17 PDX AL 6:00am Saturday (flying AS) - PP denied (sign out)
3/21/17 SEA D AL 9am Tuesday - sign out
3/21/17 SEA N AL 9:45am Tuesday - sign out
3/24/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/25/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Saturday - sign out
3/25/17 SEA D AL 9:00pm Saturday - sign out
3/26/17 PDX C AL 9:15pm Sunday - Sign out (Was flying AS)
4/2/17 SEA D AL 4:00pm Monday - sign out
4/3/17 SEA D AL 10:30a Monday - sign out - PP requested-denied - was allowed with AL lounge pass - 90% occupied
4/10/17 SEA D 6:45 AM - sign out
4/12/17 SEA D 8:20 PM - sign out
4/14/17 SEA D 10:00 AM - sign out
4/16/17 SEA N 11:00am - sign out, was even upgraded to F on AS and MVP75K, no dice. It was a busy Easter Sunday
4/17/17 PDX 5:35am - no sign, admitted with a smile
4/22/17 PDX 6:35am - no sign, admitted
4/22/17 SEA D 8:15am - no sign, went to Centurion Lounge instead
4/23/17 SEA D and N 4:30pm - sign out. N lounge half empty.
4/26/17 LAX 11:30am - no sign
4/26/17 SEA D no sign, went to The Club
4/27/17 SEA D 10:40 AM - sign out
4/27/17 SEA N 10:50 AM - sign put out just as I entered, admitted with PP as the "last one"
4/27/17 SEA N 4pm - no sign, admitted with PP and a Delta bp
4/30/17 SEA D no sign, admitted
5/1/17 PDX 6:30 am - no sign, admitted, maybe 50% full
5/8/17 SEA D 11:00 am - new sign saying no PP guests, admitted as a PP cardholder.
5/15/17 SEA D 12:30pm sign out no PP
5/18/17 SEA N 7pm Thursday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/18/17 ANC 11:30pm Thursday - no sign, denied, but admitted 45 minutes later (PP, flying AS)
5/19/17 ANC 3pm Friday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/23/17 PDX C 4pm Tue - admitted (PP, flying WN).
5/27/17 PDX 7:50am no sign
6/28/17 LAX 12:30pm/3:30pm- no sign, admitted
9/25/17 PDX 2:00 - sign out, admitted without comment (PP, flying AA)
11/8/17 SEA C 09:00 AM - admitted (PP, flying AS). Only a few seats available, but at least a few seats remained available the whole time I was there
11/16/17 LAX 09:00 AM- sign out, no PP
02/0319 LAX 5pm Sunday-sign out no PP (flying AS)
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by PDXpress
At PDX PP has added Capers Cafe and Bar (gate B1) and Capers Market (gate E1). With those additions and the distillery it's getting to the point that getting turned away from the Alaska Lounge will hardly matter to me at PDX.
Just checked PP site, that is awesome. I might as well not even look at the AS lounge.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by hiima
Or get AA exec Citi or admirals membership. They have reciprocal access right?
Only if flying AS or AA. Not if flying VX.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:55 pm

At PDX PP has added Capers Cafe and Bar (gate B1) and Capers Market (gate E1). With those additions and the distillery it's getting to the point that getting turned away from the Alaska Lounge will hardly matter to me at PDX.
$28 off final bill per person. Great news. Flying with a baby Saturday so this will be a little more appropriate than the lounge for some pre-flight food and coffee.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Exciting adds to PDX. Will be thru mid-month.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:20 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
$28 off final bill per person. Great news. Flying with a baby Saturday so this will be a little more appropriate than the lounge for some pre-flight food and coffee.
Please report your experience using the PP card as payment and your comments on the food options.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Exciting adds to PDX. Will be thru mid-month.
I agree...very exciting...especially since it sounds like you can quickly grab packaged to-go. Does anyone know if a boarding pass is required? It would be great to have this as an arrival option ^
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Are there any other airports in the PP network that offer non-club options like this? At many airports, especially PDX, the food/drink offerings and ambiance are so much better outside the lounges.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by dayone
Please report your experience using the PP card as payment and your comments on the food options.
Will be heading out of PDX on Sat. This is great news. Wife and I each have our own PP card. Will see how things work and if we can visit multiple locations on the same day. Don't see any restrictions on that.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by czpdx
Are there any other airports in the PP network that offer non-club options like this? At many airports, especially PDX, the food/drink offerings and ambiance are so much better outside the lounges.
London Gatwick, One of the big australia airports ( forget which ), Atlanta now has Minute Suites which is like a small work office with a bed. Alternative options are out there and slowly growing. I like the idea.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by maxp0wers
London Gatwick, One of the big australia airports ( forget which ), Atlanta now has Minute Suites which is like a small work office with a bed. Alternative options are out there and slowly growing. I like the idea.
Sydney has 6 restaurants with PP credits. (Perhaps more) Melbourne also, has restaurant credit.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by czpdx

Now that Escape at MSP isn't part of PP you can get a $15 Food credit at the PGA lounge OR a $15 credit towards the golf experience which would nice for golfers in the case of a long layover or severely delayed flight
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I agree...very exciting...especially since it sounds like you can quickly grab packaged to-go. Does anyone know if a boarding pass is required? It would be great to have this as an arrival option ^
This. Is. Amazing.

Arrived in PDX today and stopped by to check it out. Cashier confirmed that Priority Pass was accepted for payment, and since my wife was with me, we could get up to $56 of merchandise for free.

They have pre-made sandwiches, salads, and breakfast burritos; fresh fruit including pints of blueberries; yogurt; bottled water, juices, and sodas; desserts; chcocolates, chips, fancy cheese puffs, bags of granola, caramel corn, jerky, blocks of cheese, summer sausages; bagels, muffins, and cookies. All of the above items were grab-and-go. There was also a display case with quiche, frittatas, croissants, and scones. Signs in several places read "Try it HOT! Heating available at counter." I'm sure there were some items that I did not list.

We selected our items, nearly $55 worth. Paying with Priority Pass was just like using a credit card, except you sign on the same type of device as in the lounges. I asked for and received a receipt; it showed Priority Pass as the method of payment. Was not asked for a boarding pass.

It felt like Christmas! Or maybe like one of those shopping spree deals where the winner gets to keep anything they can grab in two minutes. I don't understand how this can last; seems like somebody has to be losing money on it. But it sure was fun using the benefit today! ^^^

Big thanks to PDXpress for the heads up! ^
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:28 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Rare
It felt like Christmas! Or maybe like one of those shopping spree deals where the winner gets to keep anything they can grab in two minutes. I don't understand how this can last; seems like somebody has to be losing money on it. But it sure was fun using the benefit today! ^^^
I am surprised that PP listened to our complaints and acted. ^

I agree that this sounds overly generous, but really, how many of us will grab $56 worth of stuff here? I actually think Capers is one of the worst outlets at PDX, but of course still better than the lounges. I've stopped by house spirits a bunch of times, and I rarely get anywhere near the maximum.

FWIW, I'm somewhat used to the voucher instead of lounge system in Japan. Flying business out of KIX, one can choose a 3000 voucher (about $30, valid for food outlets, duty free, even a drugstore). I choose the voucher every time (and then head to the KAL lounge, where I can get in with PP).
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:22 am

I'm headed to PDX next month. I see there are two Capers locations listed. Is there a better one between the two?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
I have multiple PP passes, I wonder if I could use both and double my allowance?

Additionally, I wonder if you could visit Capers and the "distillery" in one trip? I'll give it a shot tomorrow evening when I fly out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.