FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:48 am
Rare

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I agree...very exciting...especially since it sounds like you can quickly grab packaged to-go. Does anyone know if a boarding pass is required? It would be great to have this as an arrival option ^
This. Is. Amazing.

Arrived in PDX today and stopped by to check it out. Cashier confirmed that Priority Pass was accepted for payment, and since my wife was with me, we could get up to $56 of merchandise for free.

They have pre-made sandwiches, salads, and breakfast burritos; fresh fruit including pints of blueberries; yogurt; bottled water, juices, and sodas; desserts; chcocolates, chips, fancy cheese puffs, bags of granola, caramel corn, jerky, blocks of cheese, summer sausages; bagels, muffins, and cookies. All of the above items were grab-and-go. There was also a display case with quiche, frittatas, croissants, and scones. Signs in several places read "Try it HOT! Heating available at counter." I'm sure there were some items that I did not list.

We selected our items, nearly $55 worth. Paying with Priority Pass was just like using a credit card, except you sign on the same type of device as in the lounges. I asked for and received a receipt; it showed Priority Pass as the method of payment. Was not asked for a boarding pass.

It felt like Christmas! Or maybe like one of those shopping spree deals where the winner gets to keep anything they can grab in two minutes. I don't understand how this can last; seems like somebody has to be losing money on it. But it sure was fun using the benefit today! ^^^

Big thanks to PDXpress for the heads up! ^