Wiki Posts
Search

Consume your own alcohol?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Does anybody have any recent experience bringing wine onboard, and having a FA serve it to you (in F)?
I would expect to be told no.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Does anybody have any recent experience bringing wine onboard, and having a FA serve it to you (in F)?
I'll soon be flying through PDX, and would like to buy a bottle at Caper's. Caper's will still sell you a bottle of wine using PP as long as you open it there. I'd like to take the rest of the bottle onboard, and have the F FA serve that to me (instead of the standard F wine).
Not sure if it will fly with the FA (no pun intended?)
Are you breaking any sort of OR law by leaving the Capers premises with an open container? (Yes, including re-corked.) I would also expect the AS FA to fully comply with its company policy.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Are you breaking any sort of OR law by leaving the Capers premises with an open container? (Yes, including re-corked.) I would also expect the AS FA to fully comply with its company policy.
Seems like a pretty big loophole if true. I'll happily take more free wine home if the catch is it has to be opened first.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Not according to WineDoggyBag.com:

"OREGON
Looks like section 471.175-3 and 471.178-4 allows the holder of a full or limited on-premises sales license to allow a patron to remove a partially consumed bottle of wine if (i) the wine is served in conjunction with a meal, (ii) the patron is not a minor and (iii) the patron is not visibly intoxicated. We also hear that the restaurant must advise the patron of open container laws although we currently cannot find that in the actual written law. (see note 2)"
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Seems like a pretty big loophole if true. I'll happily take more free wine home if the catch is it has to be opened first.
ucdtim, not to get sidetracked here, but how useful are open bottles of wine to you? Seems like shelf life is very short (days, as opposed to years for unopened bottles)...
How many open bottles can you truly enjoy in days under normal circumstances?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:07 pm

ucdtim, not to get sidetracked here, but how useful are open bottles of wine to you? Seems like shelf life is very short (days, as opposed to years for unopened bottles)...
How many open bottles can you truly enjoy in days under normal circumstances?
I usually fly into PDX on Thursday nights, so I can almost always make use of a bottle of wine by Sunday. It'll be good through then.
bostonbali and be_rettSEA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.