Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2016 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2016 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum
******** MODERATORS -- Duplicate Thread. See link below.********

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...6-edition.html

Please combine the above linked thread with this one. Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS G75K
1/12/16 - AS506 SEA-SNA 7:40a
Bottled water and coffee offered PDB
Two options for breakfast: Granola & Yogurt or Egg & Beef hash. Both with a pastry and fresh fruit. I opted for the egg & beef hash. It was more like scrambled eggs with a side of pot roast. The eggs were good and the beef was excellent! 10/10 would eat again, even not on a plane. The fruit was also very fresh and delish. The pastry wasn't anything to write home about and I didn't eat it. Had great service from Peggy in our F12 cabin. ^
Old Jan 12, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 3ur0tr45h
Bottled water and coffee offered PDB
Two options for breakfast: Granola & Yogurt or Egg & Beef hash. Both with a pastry and fresh fruit. I opted for the egg & beef hash.
Same choices and experience on AS 674, the 6:35am SEA-DEN yesterday.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
SLC-PDX late flight (8:20 departure) was serving fresh cookies... but I asked for (and got) a snack pack from Y
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: AS
Lax / SEA. 479 4:00pm
Pasta primavera
Roll/ salad
Cookie
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP 75K
1/1 stl - pdx

Sorry this is late.

Date the flight was taken: 1/1/2016
Flight Number and Route flown: 3496 STL - PDX
Time of Departure: 4:40 PM
Length of flight: 4 hrs 30 min
Class of service: F

This flight was operated by Skywest on one of Alaska's new E175 jets. Interestingly some of the power outlets in First Class are already breaking.

Pre-Departure Beverage service: Dasani

Warm nuts and drink offered before meal in plastic container
Name:  IMG_1817.jpg
Views: 3388
Size:  487.1 KB

Meal served:

Turkey Caprese (Same sandwich offered in coach)
Slices of turkey, Mozzarella, and delicious red Roma tomatoes along with basil pesto on a multigrain bun. Served with salad and cookie.
Name:  IMG_1819.jpg
Views: 3363
Size:  593.1 KB

Snack basket was passed around before landing.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:14 pm

1/10 koa-anc

Date the flight was taken: 1/10/2016
Flight Number and Route flown: 873 KOA-ANC
Time of Departure: 9:30 AM
Length of flight: 6 hrs

Pre-Departure Beverage service: 'Clear Alaskan Glacial' Bottled Water

Menu:
Name:  IMG_1847.jpg
Views: 3624
Size:  539.2 KB
Name:  IMG_1846.jpg
Views: 3835
Size:  522.9 KB

Appetizer Salad:
Name:  IMG_1880.jpg
Views: 3367
Size:  458.7 KB

I chose the Wild Alaskan Salmon which I thought was very good (I am from Alaska and eat lots of salmon). I didn't think it was too dry. However, the broccoli was a little undercooked and dry.
Name:  IMG_1881.jpg
Views: 3356
Size:  457.0 KB

Dessert: Cheesecake and caramel sauce
Name:  IMG_1884.jpg
Views: 3372
Size:  355.9 KB
Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BrandonAB
Sorry this is late.

Date the flight was taken: 1/1/2016
Flight Number and Route flown: 3496 STL - PDX
Time of Departure: 4:40 PM
Length of flight: 4 hrs 30 min
Taking this flight in a week and a half. Was there only a single meal offered, no choice; curious if the offering of the sandwich from Y was a one-off or the standard? Are there tablets on this flight?

Also connecting to PDXSAN which is listed as snack 700PM ish departure. Any recent experiences or similar markets to indicate what a snack consists of?

Last edited by qukslvr619; Jan 14, 2016 at 9:22 am
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: AS G75K
1/13/16 SNA-SEA AS505 740p
Pasta Primavera. The pasta was cooked nearly perfectly but it was overall a pretty rough offering. Didn't taste good and everyone in F was unimpressed and kinda grouchy. The salad was also lackluster. Oatmeal raisin cookie for dessert basically tells the whole story...meh and nobody likes it.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Taking this flight in a week and a half. Was there only a single meal offered, no choice; curious if the offering of the sandwich from Y was a one-off or the standard? Are there tablets on this flight?

Also connecting to PDXSAN which is listed as snack 700PM ish departure. Any recent experiences or similar markets to indicate what a snack consists of?
Only a single meal was offered. Surprisingly no tablets on this flight, but Alaska Beyond Entertainment is equipped so you can rent stuff on your own device. This was my second time flying First Class so I'm not sure what a snack consists of :P
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Date of flight: 1/13/16
Flight and Route: AS #80 ANC-SEA
Time of Departure: 10:00 AM (AST)
Length of flight: Approx 3 hrs 20 mins
Class of service: First

Pre-Departure Beverage: Dasani water bottles at the seat. No offer of other PDB.

Meal served: Lunch

The pacing of service on this flight was more than a bit off. We were nearly 45 minutes into the flight before the FA made her way through the F cabin to take the first beverage orders and describe lunch.

A few minutes later warm towels were passed, still later followed by a packet of snack mix - but no beverage to sip with it. It was almost an hour into the flight before any of the passengers received something to drink other than the bottle of water that was at the seat when we boarded.

Lunch finally arrived about 90 minutes into the flight. It was described as a chipotle chicken sandwich with slaw. When it did arrive it was pulled chicken in a mildly spicy red-tinted BBQ sauce on a ciabatta roll, with a side of slaw comprised of julienned broccoli stems and carrot with bits of purple cabbage. There was also a bag of Tim's Cascade chips. Wow ... slaw AND chips on the same tray. That must have been a catering error, since usually it's either one or the other - never both. A Cougar Mountain gourmet oatmeal raisin cookie was dessert. (Side note: Raisin cookies that masquerade as chocolate chip are one of the reasons I have trust issues.)

Lunch - Chipotle Chicken Sandwich, Slaw *and* Chips

As a side note, the in-flight magazine still lists Chateau St Michelle as being the purveyor of the Indian Wells chardonnay and merlot poured in F. But instead they are now pouring Brown Family Vineyards wines from Walla Walla, complete with a screw-cap to make it easier for the FAs to open.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by 3ur0tr45h
1/13/16 SNA-SEA AS505 740p
Pasta Primavera. The pasta was cooked nearly perfectly but it was overall a pretty rough offering. Didn't taste good and everyone in F was unimpressed and kinda grouchy. The salad was also lackluster. Oatmeal raisin cookie for dessert basically tells the whole story...meh and nobody likes it.
Same on 6:40 SNA-PDX
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BrandonAB
Only a single meal was offered. Surprisingly no tablets on this flight, but Alaska Beyond Entertainment is equipped so you can rent stuff on your own device. This was my second time flying First Class so I'm not sure what a snack consists of :P
Not surprising about the food or tablets...that has already been discussed in the thread about the new E175 Skywest routes...it all boils down to lack of space...for regular first class meal service or the inflight tablets...if you're going to fly first class on this route, you are waaaaaaay better off taking the 737 mainline AS flight via SEA...same with MCI...it may actually be cheaper than the non-stop flight to PDX and as a bonus, you get more EQMs ^
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
As a side note, the in-flight magazine still lists Chateau St Michelle as being the purveyor of the Indian Wells chardonnay and merlot poured in F. But instead they are now pouring Brown Family Vineyards wines from Walla Walla, complete with a screw-cap to make it easier for the FAs to open.
They were "officially" serving the Browne wines in November and December. The Browne cab is much better than their typical Alaska fc wine; worth about $25 a bottle. I was pleasantly surprised a few days ago when they were still serving it on my flight instead of the chateau ste Michelle.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Not surprising about the food or tablets...that has already been discussed in the thread about the new E175 Skywest routes...it all boils down to lack of space...for regular first class meal service or the inflight tablets...if you're going to fly first class on this route, you are waaaaaaay better off taking the 737 mainline AS flight via SEA...same with MCI...it may actually be cheaper than the non-stop flight to PDX and as a bonus, you get more EQMs ^
Would have much preferred the mainline flight via SEA but it was the cheapest award option that came up....however I can't complain being able to burn DL Skymiles flying on AS for less than half the cost of what DL metal would have for a STLSEA oneway in F....25k vs 55k. I think I can suffer thru the watered down service via PDX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.