Search
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashill
New Thread with 738 Fleet Tracking

739 thread with fleet tracking

Original Press Release

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
Seats in the Premium Class section will have at least 35" of pitch, compared to 31" to 32" in the rest of the main cabin. To make room for the Premium Class while maintaining pitch in the main cabin, Alaska will reconfigure and reduce the number of seats available on some aircraft. Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 41" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.

Code:
 Model     Fleet count       Current seats           Reconfigured cabin
 (First class/Main cabin)(First class/Premium class/Main)

737-800       61               16/147                    12/30/117

737-900/900ER 77               16/165                    16/24/138

E175          15               12/64                     12/12/52
737-800s: Rows 6-10 are Premium
737-900/900ERs: Rows 6-9 are Premium

All 737-800s have been converted. 737-900s now in work. All aircraft to be complete by end of 2017.

Snack Box info from AKCuisine and Post 514:

3" x 3" x 2" box weighing in at 2.17 ounces. It's also "locally sourced - which translates to "Distributed by Oakfield Farms Solutions LLC, Grapevine, Texas."

Inside the box is 1.16 oz of Craisins (110 cal); 0.63 oz of unsalted almonds (100 cal); and a 0.375 oz square of Ghirardelli chocolate (50 cals) - total, 260 calories.
Print Wikipost

Premium Class Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Flying for Fun, that is a key point. The OP will need to split the PNR to be on the waitlist.

I think 17 is fine; seat the 3rd pax in 17 before splitting.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Hello! I'm a BA flyer with a ticket on Alaska for alter this month. It is a cheap Q class fare, which I just now 'upgraded' to premium class. Will that change the Q to some ither fare bucket, or will the fare class remain unchanged?
Old Mar 5, 2023, 9:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Muckus
Hello! I'm a BA flyer with a ticket on Alaska for alter this month. It is a cheap Q class fare, which I just now 'upgraded' to premium class. Will that change the Q to some ither fare bucket, or will the fare class remain unchanged?
It will remain unchanged. Premium Class on AS is a fee based "upgrade" for everyone. For AS & AA Elites, that may be a $0.00 fee depending on Elite Tier and booking class at time of booking. Otherwise, complimentary upgrades occur with a waived fee at the Elite Tier upgrade windows. There are no fare classes that designate Premium Class.

James
Old Mar 5, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
It will remain unchanged. Premium Class on AS is a fee based "upgrade" for everyone. For AS & AA Elites, that may be a $0.00 fee depending on Elite Tier and booking class at time of booking. Otherwise, complimentary upgrades occur with a waived fee at the Elite Tier upgrade windows. There are no fare classes that designate Premium Class.

James
Thank you!
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 2:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Booked JFK-SEA in Economy with my miles, an upgrade to Premium class is 168 USD, worth it in your opinion or not?
Travel end of May, will the price change, or better to upgrade now vs waiting?
Old Mar 7, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Booked JFK-SEA in Economy with my miles, an upgrade to Premium class is 168 USD, worth it in your opinion or not?
Travel end of May, will the price change, or better to upgrade now vs waiting?
The seats on my LAX-DCA roundtrip never dropped below $115 this past weekend. I know that’s not the same route, but it’s another AS cross country flight. I usually think it’s worth it on the longer 5-6 hour AS flights. It might drop, but if you want them, you risk more folks buying more seats. The first row of Premium is the best. If the exit row is open, and you’re comfortable sitting there, it has more legroom than Premium and will cost less.

Last edited by LAX2DCA; Mar 7, 2023 at 7:02 am
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:41 am

Hello!

Booked EWR-LAX round trip in June. Reserved 27 AB for my travel companion and I. She hates emergency exit due to no under seat storage; otherwise I would have reserved 26 BC. (The aircraft is A321). However, she does not mind middle seats at all. Now I am thinking of paying up to Premium Class.

Premium Class is $110, and none of the 24 PC seats is occupied for both in-bound and the out-bound flight.

My questions:
1. If I keep 27A, do I have to "double excuse me" to get to the aisle to use restroom? I know 27A has "unlimited" leg room but can I walk pass people sitting at 26 BC and not disturb them? I normally need to use restroom at least twice on trans-con flights and I feel sorry to disturb fellow passengers.
2. Is $110 high for EWR-LAX? I somehow think it is high and not worth the money after AS stops giving out snack boxes to EC passengers. I also don't drink in the morning which makes buying up to EC less desirable.

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2023, 3:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LAX2DCA
The seats on my LAX-DCA roundtrip never dropped below $115 this past weekend. I know that’s not the same route, but it’s another AS cross country flight. I usually think it’s worth it on the longer 5-6 hour AS flights. It might drop, but if you want them, you risk more folks buying more seats. The first row of Premium is the best. If the exit row is open, and you’re comfortable sitting there, it has more legroom than Premium and will cost less.
It dropped down to 140 and I took it, almost a 6 hours flight so worth it for me :-), the group B boarding will also be nice, since I lost my Alaska status this year.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
That goes for AS Elites too. MVPG+ can upgrade 1 and only 1 companion on a PNR. PC is technically an upgrade and has a fee attached. MVPG75K/100K & AA equivalent can choose PC at the time of booking and have the upgrade fee waived on any non-Saver Main Cabin fare class if and only if there no more than 1 companion on the PNR.

The exit row isn't distinguished on AS as it is on AA as MCE. AS Elites & Oneworld Elites can choose them.

If you would all like to sit in PC together the best option is to split the PNR, 2 pax on one with the status holder and the other on their own PNR. You can then select PC for the 2 and have the upgrade fee waived and pay the upgrade for the other. This still allows the 2 to be eligible for F upgrades.

James
As someone else noted prior (don't recall where now) if you call in sometimes they will upgrade you without splitting the PNR (had 4 of us, 1 MVPG and 1MVP, got 3 upgraded by agent without charge). Another situation with same passengers the agent upgraded all of us, just charging for 1 (she said the system only had 1 charge).
The fine print on Alaska's website states if you have more than 2 passengers on PNR upgrades don't apply, so YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.