Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by BostonPlanesAndTrains
Alaska is moving to gate B35 and B36 in June 2019.
Southwest is moving to gates B32, B33, B34 and B35A

Gates B30 and B31 remain unclaimed in the current plan, and that could be overflow for AS/WN and/or serve as the AC gates (AA is moving to B1-B20, and will be sharing B1-3 with AC for the time being).

Slides 119 and up in this presentation http://www.massport.com/media/2704/0..._watermark.pdf
^

Though I see that part of this change also connects C40-42 to the rest of C, which makes AS moving to B less important from a passenger point of view!

This will put Admirals Club in the same terminal for Alaska Lounge members (assuming that partnership remains).
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by ashill
Though I see that part of this change also connects C40-42 to the rest of C, which makes AS moving to B less important from a passenger point of view!
But moving will get full B gates access sooner than waiting for construction to complete. Not that it would be a possibility as Massport needs C40-42 vacated for the construction work.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
...Slides 119 and up in this presentation http://www.massport.com/media/2704/0..._watermark.pdf...
119 and up?? Did anyone stay awake through that meeting with less than dozen shots of espresso?

Originally Posted by ashill
This will put Admirals Club in the same terminal for Alaska Lounge members (assuming that partnership remains).
Hmmm, I wouldn't get too excited. If you look at Slide 126, it's pretty clear that the Pier A Admirals Club would get closed, and it looks to be a roughly half-mile walk from the Pier B Admirals Club to Gates B35-36.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
Originally Posted by milypan
119 and up?? Did anyone stay awake through that meeting with less than dozen shots of espresso?

Hmmm, I wouldn't get too excited. If you look at Slide 126, it's pretty clear that the Pier A Admirals Club would get closed, and it looks to be a roughly half-mile walk from the Pier B Admirals Club to Gates B35-36.
Looks like Pier B would be mostly AS/WN, so maybe AS would consider taking over the AC for a BR? :
rustykettel likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
The Cognitive Style of PowerPoint

Yes, that Admirals Club is slated for closure (per the AA forum in addition to that presentation; certainly makes no sense for AA to keep that, the pmAA lounge, open when they don't have any gates over there). It's a decent walk, but not too bad. Probably 5-10 minutes airside; less landside, so you'd clear security on the AA (pmUS, where the AA gates will consolidate) side and only have to do the airside walk in one direction.

And @lawchild beat me to it, but maybe AS will take over that space.... (Not sure they have the traffic to justify it; they're marginal at JFK.) The move would also let them make an agreement with UA like they do at PHL.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
The pmAA lounge is quite nice, and even has a fresh guacemole stand ^_^
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Showers & lobster rolls too!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:08 pm

Dang, I really need to do some more AA flights through BOS apparently.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Sushi or on bread?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Alaska is moving to gate B35 and B36 in June 2019.
Southwest is moving to gates B32, B33, B34 and B35A

Gates B30 and B31 remain unclaimed in the current plan, and that could be overflow for AS/WN and/or serve as the AC gates (AA is moving to B1-B20, and will be sharing B1-3 with AC for the time being).

Slides 119 and up in this presentation http://www.massport.com/media/2704/0..._watermark.pdf
Well, I just went thru the whole presentation. Very interesting- half the slides roughly are title slides, still lots of information contained.

This will be getting better for AS in June 2019 it seems. A positive development. Thanks for sharing ^

And BOS will not "at this time" create a toll for airport usage like at DFW. [@ end of presentation]
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
It was quite a large lounge, definitely larger than anything in the AS network. I was over on the east side by the "quiet" cube. Didn't see the lobster; noticed that the food offerings are spread throughout the club (cookies, coffee station near the quiet area; soup/salad/veggies by the main entrance, guac station by the bar, dry mix kinda in the middle).

I'd absolutely LOVE to see Alaska take over this lounge, they could make a killing with PP entry (well, if and when..)
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
I'd absolutely LOVE to see Alaska take over this lounge, they could make a killing with PP entry (well, if and when..)
Lobster pancake machine?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Sushi or on bread?
On bread

Ordered at the bar off the menu, might be seasonal.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by jinglish
Lobster pancake machine?
I want one!

On bread

Ordered at the bar off the menu, might be seasonal.
Tasty!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by beckoa
Well, I just went thru the whole presentation. Very interesting- half the slides roughly are title slides, still lots of information contained.

This will be getting better for AS in June 2019 it seems. A positive development. Thanks for sharing
Wow. Tho, am not happy about current state of AS terminal at BOS, am glad AS wasted minimal capital into BOS only to be moved in 2019. While only two gates in 2019, this looks like a positive development for AS (and also B6, DL, and AA). AS should consider operating a lounge at BOS someday in the future, but likely still far from priority, knowing SFO is without one. Great news developement.

Jiburi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.