Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by milypan

Well, it’s sort of a seasonal thing. By March they’re back up to two (from SFO).
Except that every season the footprint shrinks. Would not be surprised if they exited LAX-BOS and SFO-BOS completely. They are by far the weakest player in both--and the situation for them only gets worse as DL also ramps up service from BOS.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
Well. Saw this today.

They have signs up now for the move. Still doesn't say exactly when. Just "coming soon." there are also signs up that Southwest is moving Sept 3rd out of B. So maybe by end of year?
DrAlex likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
"Coming Soon" looks like it is a sticker over some text that was previously posted there?

Still, that's great news. No immediate plans to head to BOS anytime soon so hopefully it'll be done by next time I'm out there
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Am I the only one disappointed about losing easy access to Jerry Remy's (which takes PP for those that have it with non Amex cards)?

Aside from that though, I actually quite like the current space. Security lines are never too bad, especially an hour before the evening flight to SEA. Curb (or Jerry Remy's) to plane takes me 5 minutes at most, so I usually don't head to security until 40 minutes before the flight at the earliest. I've flown out of B a lot and yes the terminal is nice, but security lines (including PreCheck) can be quite long, and it'll be a longer walk.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Spiffieman
Well. Saw this today.

They have signs up now for the move. Still doesn't say exactly when. Just "coming soon." there are also signs up that Southwest is moving Sept 3rd out of B. So maybe by end of year?
WN is moving into B on Thursday, and moving out of A (where they currently are) to make more room for DL. The new AS gates are at the former AA (pmAA) gates on that side of Terminal B, but AA has consolidated to the pmUS side of B (gates 4-22) at BOS. WN is going into those pmAA gates along with AS.

I flew AA into BOS yesterday and WN from BOS today, I'm recently on top of both situations .
Spiffieman likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by SEA737
Am I the only one disappointed about losing easy access to Jerry Remy's (which takes PP for those that have it with non Amex cards)?
Now you have Stephanie's which unlike Remy's is open to PP all day long. Its not too far from the AS gates:
DrAlex likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:36 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SEA737
Aside from that though, I actually quite like the current space.
C40-42 have precisely one (1) men's toilet, the line for which backed up into the hall last time I was there. That's worse than an AA 737 MAX!
be_rettSEA, pbelmore and Eurynom0s like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:49 pm

Alaska to move terminals in Boston?

I was talking to a check in agent at Boston recently and mentioned that the AS gates in Boston are pretty close to being in purgatory and with Spirit moving gates, why can't Alaska move to the B terminal. The agent smiled and said Alaska will be moving as soon as the Airport authority gives them the green light(November maybe). The downside would be longer TSA lines and less check in counter space. The upside would be a departure area that offers much more----well, if you have ever flown out of Boston, you know what I am talking about.
Has anyone else heard about this upcoming move?
be_rettSEA and Eurynom0s like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Yes, AS will be moving soon.

Last edited by dayone; Sep 13, 2019 at 10:27 am Reason: Remove circular link after merge.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thank God. The BOS gates are beyond terrible.
peejayemm and Eurynom0s like this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: oneworld Rusty Iron; Starwood Aluminum
I haven't tried the Stephanie's in B, have you?
My wife and I used my PP benefits at Stephanie's for breakfast last Friday morning after landing from a west coast red eye. It wasn't great, but wasn't bad (food was better than the service). I would give it a shot again. Saw someone that ordered a burger that looked pretty good.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
Officially moving gates to B35A and B36 on October 16th

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...-international
Old Oct 14, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Officially moving gates to B35A and B36 on October 16th

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...-international
🙌

I have a round trip to Boston at the end of the month. Really looking forward to never having to see that miserable C terminal again.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Okay so looking at the terminal map, I see that the Admirals Club is on the other side of the horseshoe from where the Alaska gates will be. Does anyone know how long it takes to walk the long way around (instead of cutting across and clearing security again)?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
Okay so looking at the terminal map, I see that the Admirals Club is on the other side of the horseshoe from where the Alaska gates will be. Does anyone know how long it takes to walk the long way around (instead of cutting across and clearing security again)?
It's not a very large terminal. Ten minutes or so at a decent walking pace. Certainly not enough further that cutting through the garage and clearing security again will be faster even with precheck. And of course you should be able to clear security on the AA side, so you only have to do the walk in one direction.
flymonthly, mtnsider and Eurynom0s like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.